Resource icon

Misc Assetto Corsa VR Guide 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Chris Kennedy submitted a new resource:

Assetto Corsa VR Guide - Tweaks and recommended mods to enhance your VR experience. NOT a performance optimisation guide.

As Rift Racer website seems to be gone, I figured I'd try and make a new go-to guide for improving your AC VR experience. This is geared towards enhancements and most commonly asked questions rather than performance optimisation or trouble starting the game in VR.

Settings
Resolution:
1920x1080 (Only affects the size of the virtual HUD, not the actual game rendering resolution)
Fullscreen Rendering: Enabled (improves...

Read more about this resource...

I currently use RHM with or without VR; is there a way to stop the slight right or left head movement when the steering wheel turns? It's fine with a monitor but I don't like it with VR.

Please note: it's better to use Virtual Desktop instead of BigScreen. BigScreen keeps rendering the desktop, even when you are playing the game: it keeps hogging the CPU. Virtual Desktop detects the PC is running a game and stops rendering the desktop: no CPU load at all.

Please note: it's better to use Virtual Desktop instead of BigScreen. BigScreen keeps rendering the desktop, even when you are playing the game: it keeps hogging the CPU. Virtual Desktop detects the PC is running a game and stops rendering the desktop: no CPU load at all.
Nice one, have added a mention in the guide. Do you know if it flushes it's vram too?

The developer says: "It only uses 1.5 gig if you have MSAA and Mip Mapping enabled in Virtual Desktop (those options are not super useful when playing games). Turning those off will reduce the VRAM usage to 400mb".
Fair enough. That's still a huge problem for me with gtx970. Once you exceed 3.5gb it becomes a potato

Had a big problem with 45 fps and not going to much above that then I turned of the antialiasing and anisotropic settings in nvidia control panel only but on in assetto and now 90 frames all the time and no 99% cpu maxed out

Anyone have any issues with your in-game wheel rotation being off after downloading the files for this? I use CM and just posted about it in the support thread for it on the AC forums. Not sure if it's related to that but it seemed to start happening after I downloaded these files.
I run my wheel rotation (G27) at 900 degrees; when I launch into a session and start driving it feels like the rotation is at 400-450. I can exit out into CM, go back into the session and it's fixed.

Anyone have any issues with your in-game wheel rotation being off after downloading the files for this? I use CM and just posted about it in the support thread for it on the AC forums. Not sure if it's related to that but it seemed to start happening after I downloaded these files.
I run my wheel rotation (G27) at 900 degrees; when I launch into a session and start driving it feels like the rotation is at 400-450. I can exit out into CM, go back into the session and it's fixed.
Can't see how it can be anything to do with the view files. Are you using the hardware lock feature of CM? It is not 100% reliable for me and I have to switch focus away and back to ac a few times until it works properly

Hi, I have a Valve Index and SS seems to to work with openvr? 20% in SteamVR looks like 200% with the same performance? this can not be right? ingame SS does not work either

Has anyone had an issue with the NATIVE AC Server manager not allowing their Oculus to display an image in the HMD when entering a server they set up themselves? Just set up a practice server and this happens when I try to enter it, the Oculus mirrors to the monitor but stays on the Oculus home screen in the HMD? If anyone has had this issue and solved it please let us know. Cheers, Mark

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back