Assetto Corsa: Version 0.3 with new cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Version 0.3 with new cars, tracks and features released

Kunos Simulazioni have released the 0.3 version of their Early Access racing sim Assetto Corsa. Gamers can now play the updated title via Steam.

The new version includes: three new cars, two new tracks, a new environment for showroom mode and several new features, including support for the Oculus Rift, new reflection shading, a lot of new graphics options, updated support for new languages and much more!

New tracks
  • Silverstone GP Circuit. The awesome British circuit...

Last edited:
I think that THIS:

UI-3.jpg

Will make people feel more "connected to the car", because they are used to other sims that exaggerate these effects.

I am talking about the G-force simulation on the camera thing.

I reduce them to 0x and it seem to remove the NFS driving sensation that I was having. For me, the only good point about this update so far.

briliant update

all 3 cars that came were fantastic and handling nice

easy to overlook those 2 lotusses ,in between the mclaren f1 and silverstone track

but the lotus is having a similair realistic feel as the xbow

loved the moving rearwing of that mclaren too,,worked out well

amazing how these updates really improve the quality of assetto corsa

this 3rd one was a pleasant surprise

I'm not going to bother asking my FXAA v HDR question again (hint: can someone answer pls) but I'm noticing I'm getting the better fps on x4 AA than x2 and almost identical to no AA at all. Really helping with jaggies but definitely shouldn't be happening like this. I'm running a 6970m (equiv 6850 desktop) with 1gb on triples at 5760x1200. Able to handle 55-60fps with

Shadows: Very low
World detail: High
Cubemap: Static (it murders my fps)
FPF: 1

Is AF completely screwed in 0.30 for anyone else. Much worse than in 0.21. Even x2 AF sees fps cut in half. Cheers.

I'm not going to bother asking my FXAA v HDR question again (hint: can someone answer pls) but I'm noticing I'm getting the better fps on x4 AA than x2 and almost identical to no AA at all. Really helping with jaggies but definitely shouldn't be happening like this. I'm running a 6970m (equiv 6850 desktop) with 1gb on triples at 5760x1200. Able to handle 55-60fps with

Shadows: Very low
World detail: High
Cubemap: Static (it murders my fps)
FPF: 1

Is AF completely screwed in 0.30 for anyone else. Much worse than in 0.21. Even x2 AF sees fps cut in half. Cheers.

Yes its the same for me, and yes i used to be able to run both with HDR off im sure of it.

As I understand it FXAA only works with HDR on. But perhaps you can force it in the video cfg file located in YourDocuments/Assetto Corsa/cfg...
It was independent before .30. I'll try and force it but about to hit the sack for 14hrs work tomorrow and sunday so may be monday before I can try. Anyone else wanna give it a shot in the meantime?

But more importantly no AC all weekend. I'd bring the T500rs into work but it may cause a few eyebrows to be raised. That and me making engine noises all day on headpones and shouting expletives as I plough into walls in the Lotus 49.:)

at first i was dissapointed, but now, fix after fix after fix with major improvments in beta, just wow.

"X360 gamepad steer speed exposed"
"Added XBOX360 gamepad steering speed option"
i'm more than happy with the game with current state, it is now best sim racing game i have played, you people know how to make game, i love you, gimme a hug :*

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%