Assetto Corsa V1.5.5 Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa v1.5.5 Update.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have today pushed live a hotfix update to PC racer Assetto Corsa bringing the title to version 1.5.5.

Hot on the heels of the sizable latest update Kunos have today (Wednesday 6th April) released a small hot fix patch for Assetto Corsa addressing a number of issues from the most recent release and adding further improvements to the title.

Notable enhancements include various bug fixes and performance optimizations on Imola, Silverstone, Vallelunga, Spa, Black Cat County as well as various tweaks to IA performance and strategy.

Version 1.5.5 Change log:
  • MODDING: BRAKE_POWER_MULT setup option is now correctly expressed in % and can be used for modded content
  • Fixed typo on Lotus 98T soft compound slip-angle value
  • Fixed Lotus 98T engine limiter sound for higher rev limiter than default
  • Fixed bad naming on Lotus Exos S1 medium and hard heat curves
  • Modified Drift cars steering lock.
  • Bug fixing and optimization on Imola, Silverstone, Vallelunga, Spa, Black Cat County circuits
  • Improved smoothness of AI driving style
  • Improved collisions in multiplayer
  • Improved AI fuel planning strategies
  • Fixed tatuusfa1 at Vallelunga hardcoded achievement
  • Added bonnet and bumper internal/external sound switch on Volume App

Don't forget to check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum for all latest news and discussion. Our Racing Club offers daily quality racing across a selection of cars and tracks within the sim.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 130869

I am not finding the most enjoyable to drive turbo cars, right now. There is something that, even at lower speeds, bring instability to the car. I can't say if it's the tire or somehow the aero, even in a car such as the F-40.

I can handle all cars going into the corner but it feels the tires break off on the power delivery. I don't know if it's something with the throttle speed and response in the game, as I still don't play it much. But that's the thing, I want to play more and I apparently am not lured by the easier-to-handle machinery, and without rF2's more ominous FFB, I am struggling to get used.

Can anyone tell me, maybe I got it all wrong - can we asign shifting to BOTH paddles and stick ?
I don't know if I have to explain myself but I'll try to.
Am I the only one who like to drive SOME of the car with paddles (you know, formulas and generally - some of the newer, hot, cars) and with stick for all oldies out there. I mean... there must be something... or they expect from us to drive some futuristic car with stick and Lutus49 with paddles ?!? I'm really confused.
Or I really must go to options/controls EVERY time I change car I want to drive ? :confused:
Presumably they are not from the same millennium, that's it.

The new tyre model is SO deep...I've never had so much fun driving the road cars. For the first time, I've actually enjoyed the act of driving slow cars in the game. The low-speed physics and FFB has improved, the new yaw algorithm of the tyre model offers even more enjoyment...before, I forced myself to drive road cars just to have something easy on the skills...now, going to them regularly...
Absolutely +1 !
I was choosing slower/oldies mostly cause I'm suck with fast/newer ones but, and I'm proudly to say, that's history now ! :cool::p
Can you name a few of your favorite oldies / slowdies (is that a new word? if it is, I want copyrights), please ? A few would be nice, but we can go Nick Hornby style if you wish. And choose top-five, ofc. :)

Can anyone tell me, maybe I got it all wrong - can we asign shifting to BOTH paddles and stick ?
I don't know if I have to explain myself but I'll try to.
Am I the only one who like to drive SOME of the car with paddles (you know, formulas and generally - some of the newer, hot, cars) and with stick for all oldies out there. I mean... there must be something... or they expect from us to drive some futuristic car with stick and Lutus49 with paddles ?!? I'm really confused.
Or I really must go to options/controls EVERY time I change car I want to drive ? :confused:
Presumably they are not from the same millennium, that's it.

If you have both paddles and a h-shifter assigned the game will automatically use what the real car has.

Seems to be Great News after a huge Update. Is anyone still missing the Timerace's for MP? Ive thought that i read that in the 1.5 changelog but i cant find an Option like this in the AcServermanager. Somone has information about that? Is it reported in the Forum's? Or did i just Dream the fact that it was writhen in the Changelog. It seems like nobody got that and dosent even care about. For me personaly it woud be a great little feauture.

Cheer's and thx for any response and sry for my English.

Edit: Nevermind i just re-read the changelog and i understood it wrong.

- Activated time progression in Multiplayer

Lol I remember this bad boy, the delay, imprecision and noise are just unbearable, good times.
Well... what can I do... low thin budget and tall & thick wife. :x3::inlove::laugh:
State also known as cock... I mean wheelblock.
The delay and imprecission are not a factor for me. Probably cause I don't know better though. :p
On my defence I have better setup for my flying sims. Combo of Saitek X52 and Microsoft Sidewinder 2.
What wheel you have now, if I may ask ? :)

I am not finding the most enjoyable to drive turbo cars, right now. There is something that, even at lower speeds, bring instability to the car. I can't say if it's the tire or somehow the aero, even in a car such as the F-40.

I can handle all cars going into the corner but it feels the tires break off on the power delivery. I don't know if it's something with the throttle speed and response in the game, as I still don't play it much. But that's the thing, I want to play more and I apparently am not lured by the easier-to-handle machinery, and without rF2's more ominous FFB, I am struggling to get used.
I read the post several times but I don't understand your description related to the in-game experience with turbo cars. Is it because of turbo lag in the older cars? Your wheel has force deadzone around the center zone, like in a logitech G27? Correcting the wheel's force linearity helps with wheel-game torque linearity so it fixes force deadzone on the wheel: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
Or is something related to grip of the tyres are low speed? That could be when you start a session you get lower grip because of temperatures, but try different tyres. Even try the F40 stage3 if needed, or start with tyre blankets on (enable in the assists page). And try on different tracks as well, and surface grip preset.

Driving road cars is incredibly fun in 1.5. Add the LUT Generator to this and its like a mega AC/Wheel update. :)
This needs more exposure, anybody who has G27 should try it. I was a hair from buying a T300 when the update hit... and with the lut, im perfectly fine with G27 now! The linearity along with better forces in the center really fleshed out the different steering characteristics of cars in AC. 458 steering now makes sense, can drift X-bow without even looking at the screen, etc. The only thing lacking is the killer forces on stuff like 98t and some very low speed rattles.

New collision code might not be perfect but i can't stop wanting to hump everything and everyone...

• Deleted member 130869

I read the post several times but I don't understand your description related to the in-game experience with turbo cars. Is it because of turbo lag in the older cars? Your wheel has force deadzone around the center zone, like in a logitech G27? Correcting the wheel's force linearity helps with wheel-game torque linearity so it fixes force deadzone on the wheel: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
Or is something related to grip of the tyres are low speed? That could be when you start a session you get lower grip because of temperatures, but try different tyres. Even try the F40 stage3 if needed, or start with tyre blankets on (enable in the assists page). And try on different tracks as well, and surface grip preset.

I'm on Fanatec Porsche GT3 v2, I have no deadzone and it's not something from the wheel, it's looking like car behavior because the other types of cars do seem fine. I'll keep investigating locally.

I always thought the Assetto Corsa physics engine (regardless of version) had, by far, the best road cars in any sim. It is the only sim that can model heavy and/or slow and/or low-grip cars while not making them feel like they are made of a marshmellow or have marshmellows for tyres with slipe/slide dynamics akin to a marshmellow or time running in slow motion.

Furthermore, when the AC physics engine (I guess particularly the tyre model) slips at low speeds, the coefficient of friction between the tyre and road-surface doesn't all of a sudden turn into that of a puddle of water or sheet of ice just because some slip is occurring. The tyres sort of understeer but don't just go helplessly straight; it's more of a grip/slip where you can also sense that the tyre "wants" to grip but is being pushed too hard rather than the tyre going into some digital and vague "sllliide mode" until it finally reaches a point where it goes back into "grip mode". Basically, in AC, the tyre actually seems like A. a piece of rubber that "wants" to stick to the surface of the road, and, B. has weight pressing it down towards the surface of the road.

I haven't even tried the newer versions of AC so if it's even better then that's awesome! I think the AC physics engine / tyre model is possibly the only engine ever able to model road cars / heavy cars / low-grip cars relatively well.
Friend:

BUY AND DOWNLOAD EVERY DLC AND CONTENT UPDATE NOW! You are missing so much! Nords, certain road car brands, heck, I just hope you have the 1.5 code updates because they are amazing!

That's not the point. It can be a bit of a ballache to get a car/track combo loaded up, try to shift into first with the paddle only to realize that the sequential profile is still loaded. So you have to exit out, go to the Controls menu, load the flappy paddle profile, then go reload the track again. If both shifters worked at the same time you could just use the method you wanted for that specific car without having to faff about with controller profiles.

I was just driving the new Vette with flappy-paddles the other night, seemed to work fine?
To enjoy the new Vette the way I experienced it in RL, I turned on (for the first time) auto clutch and throttle blip. Honestly, I became even more impressed with Kunos, because these so-called "cheater" settings took a completely oldschool manual car and turned it into a 95% replica of the paddle-shift gearbox car I drove in RL. The clutch input was spot-on to what I drove, very very close to the way the car actually handled in my hands (was forced to drive at speeds under 50 since it was a local event at a closed course that didn't allow for speed). The shifting was exactly like the car, totally changed it from a more deliberate gated-manual to a snappy, instantaneous modern car. And the autoblip was very subtle, like the real car, not the dramatic blip that Kunos used to have, much more in keeping with the blip presets of twin-clutch gearboxes. Driving the new car this way, felt like 2 cars in one, cheers to Kunos for the programming choices!

To enjoy the new Vette the way I experienced it in RL, I turned on (for the first time) auto clutch and throttle blip.

Yep, that's how I always do it when I want to drive a car with the flappy paddles. :thumbsup: Just wish there was a way to keep auto clutch/blip enabled, I can't count how many times I've jump off the track to go make a change in the menu and then when I get back on track they've been disabled so I have to leave the track again and re-activate them. It can be a bit maddening, especially when I'm tinkering with FFB or graphics settings. :cautious:

I can't believe more isn't being made out of this little line from the 1.5.5 changelog:
- Improved collisions in multiplayer

Seriously, collisions between cars are now at the same level of quality as iracing.

And this little line:
- Improved smoothness of AI driving style
This results in the AI no longer having (immersion ruining) flickering brake lights.

This is not the proper thread to write a request, but...
There's one thing I REALLY miss from rFactor 1...
I always used the "practice" mode with A.I. cars...
I wish we could add some cars while we use the practice mode in Assetto Corsa too...
It seems to be a very simple feature, I don't understand why we can't have that.:(
It helped me a lot before some racing with "real" drivers.

(I know about the "race weekend" practice, but it's different...)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back