Assetto Corsa v1.3.3 available!

Galin Dimov

SimDrive
The update is now live :)

- Fixed wrong timing in brake disc glow effect
- Improved AI spline road sides at Spa
- AI spline sides now accept CSV with both "," or " " as delimiters
- Fixed tyre collision not using rims at super low tyre pressure
- Added downshift protection parameters to drivetrain.ini to allow individual car tune up
- Tuned up downshift protection (experimental) for the following cars
BMW Z4 GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
Glickenhaus SCG003
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3
McLaren MP4 12C GT3
Mercedes SLS GT3
BMW M3 GT2
Ferrari 458 GT2
Corvette C7R
- Force Feedback frequency is now controlled using a more precise setting in assetto_corsa.ini (FF_SKIP_STEPS instead of the old MAX_FF_RATE_HZ)
- Direct Input devices are not initialized with a BACKGROUND flag instead of FOREGROUND
- Set audio channels to 128 instead of 64 in audio.ini
- Added turbo boost information to shared memory
- Fixed tyre vertical stiffness pressure dependency wrongly using ideal pressure instead of reference pressure
- Fixed upshift audio sample not correctly triggered
- Fixed Ruf RT12R limiter audio clicks
- Minor EQ tweaks
- Rebalanced heat distribution as function of camber
- Experimental heat/grip ratio for BMW M3 E30 Drift, BMW M3 E92 Drift, BMW Z4 Drift
- Ford GT40 ui description added
- Ford GT40 corrected setup screen with proper values
- Ford GT40 adjustable engine limiter added
- Audi Quattro dash texture bug fixed
- Huracán GT3 light script fixed
- Huracán GT3 LEDs fixed
- Ford GT40 windscreen frame mesh bug fixed
- BMW M4 tyre 3D model fixed
- Nismo GTR glass transparency issue fixed
- Nismo GTR digital instruments not being visible fixed
- BMW M4 dash lights being inverted fixed
- Audi R8 window transparency issue fixed

I can't even load the game since the update, in fact I can't even download the update. Every time I try to it says disk write error (not enough space) I highly doubt the update is more than 700gb!
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps and delete the Downloading folder. Then try again, or restart steam/pc. But check first the downloads page on steam library, before restarting.

possible that with new update my lap times are down by 2-5 secs??? Monza C7R was doing :50.xxx now 1:54.xxx at best!!???
Some people say their physics files got corrupted, do a steam cache and see if solves your problem, if it doesn't, delete the local files and do a complete reinstall.
Also some mention that 32 bit makes them faster.
By myself, I had a ~ 1 sec improvement by doing the first step, but nothing conclusive doing the second.

Noticed that with last update, not working correctly RSR live timing, cant write lap on record with nordschleife course. Other tracks ok, nordschleife not. Is this problem of game update or RSR App?

Some very positive news coming in 1.3.4:
Courtesy of @Aristotelis:
"Hi guys.
As I've said on my previous post, the new V5 tyre model has some quite big changes that you have already tried by now, one of them being the new heating model. The model is young and has great potential so we're still working on fine tuning and improvements.

Version 1.3.4, which is imminent, brings some of those improvements. GT2 and GT3 cars (plus the drift street cars) have some new values on their heating model. The end result is that while the surface temperatures are still very variable during a lap, the core temperatures are much much more stable in their temperatures. We think the end result is very realistic and exciting to drive.
You will need even more time to heat up the core temperatures. Maybe 2 to 3 laps depending on the kind of track, car and driving style. The core temperatures will go up steadily but slowly and will also lose temperature slowly.

You won't be able to overheat the core temperatures as easy as before, but their temperatures follow a trend from your driving style and surface temperatures. This means that if you keep overdriving your tyres the surface temperatures will of course overheat, but the core temperatures will start to raise steadily and it won't be easy to cool them down instantly. Every change in their trend needs at least half a lap to be inverted. So for example you can't just drive smoothly for a turn and have the tyres back again in operational temperature. You need to do so for at least half a lap or even much more, depending when you realized the overheating arrived.
The good news is that the core temperatures keep the tyre pressure more stable now, so yes you will have grip variations during a lap because of the surface temps, but you won't have as big footprint variations because of the highly unstable tyre pressures that you had until now.

Furthermore we fine tuned the rolling resistance from the tyres and we also changed the wheel power as we have found some discrepancies in our model and from some new data we got from the manufacturers in terms of power dissipation. You will now be able to achieve higher top speeds and you might need some longer braking distances or even brake a bit on some turns that were usually flat out before.

As I said, all changes are for the GT2 and GT3 tyres.
Street, vintage and single seater slick tyres will follow.
Thank you for your patience, we really try hard to improve and update as many tyres as fast as possible.

Have fun!"
1.3.4 Changelog:
- Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
- Fixed turbo in form gears
- Physics multithread is now disable with less than 4 cores
- Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
- acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
- acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
- Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
- Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
- Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
- New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
- Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
- BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
- Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
- Fixed dirt texture and headights in Ferrari 458 Italia
- Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
- Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
- Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
- Fixed TrackIR support for x64
- Added Force Feedback Controller app
- Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
- Added benchmark mode
- Realtime app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
- New "camera facing" spectators are now controlled by the "world detail" settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
- Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less "punchybumpy")
- Remapped some functions associated with numpad "+" and "-"
+/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays)
Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV
Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation

I've highlighted the ones I think are highly important :)

When it looks that good, I dont mind. But still if power dissipation and friction are corrected it will only mean that it is even faster depending on the GT3 balancing (it would be fun if it cracks 290kph on Monza). I think with the new changes the SCG will be a favorite. I'm happy the older cars will have a chance now, the 12C was just a granpa with a busted hip after the update.

Tires are a huge deal. Hopefully AI gets some love too, didnt see that in the log :p

Happy with TrackIR being fixed, and of course the tyre model. Thanks Kunos devs. That would seem to cover most of the issues with the 1.3 update. I look forward to more multplayer features in 1.4. Please help us make the sim with the best driving model/experience be the one with the best MP too xxx

AUDI R8 Plus - Free bonus content incoming

11225472_1259440890748893_5584276043085070440_o.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%