Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
All the people bitching about MP and AI... seriously I rather have that with 1.0 to guarentee the best quality once it's out rather than something glitchy (but I guess we are the best option to beta test and push out all the glitches). Still for me nothing beats having more cars, I guess because I like to hotlap more than I like to race most of the time.

So we get AI and 1M. I hope that next update will be MP. It must be tested out before 1,0 cause there is no way that such small group in closed environment could find all possible bugs. I wonder how AI will be. Being fast is not enough. Not dive bombing and hitting my rear when I brake too soon would be nice. Well, tomorow we'll see.

Aristotelis Vasilakos:
As you've probably have guessed by now, tomorrow update of Assetto Corsa will include the first taste of AI. In order to contain the hype and lower expectations, let's focus on the word "taste".

For this first AI update, we won't give you the complete grid AI enabled. There will only be some special events quick races, with some cars on some tracks that will give you a taste as I said of Ai races.
I know that everybody wants the full monty, but I'm also sure that you understand that we need to test the performance of the AI on various systems, check for bugs, improve it and so on. It is far easier for us to do so on some specific scenarios, than having to control the whole Assetto Corsa grid at once.

We're pretty satisfied with how AI is coming along, but we also want to make it better and that's exactly what we're going to do once the update is out. We will collect your impressions and reports and work our asses for the next update to make them even better and offer you as soon as possible the whole AI functionality. I'm pretty confident you're going to like what you will experience tomorrow and I'm sure you will be hungry for more. Tiny bit of patience and we will deliver, you know already that we are listening and working constantly on this.

As a side note, of course you're going to get a couple of new cars and some new upgrades too, plus a complete rework of our tyre model (yikes!)... it's subtle, nothing too drastic, but we think you'll like it even more.

Ok back to work to put the final touches on tomorrows update, thanks for listening

Aristotelis Vasilakos:
As you've probably have guessed by now, tomorrow update of Assetto Corsa will include the first taste of AI. In order to contain the hype and lower expectations, let's focus on the word "taste".

For this first AI update, we won't give you the complete grid AI enabled. There will only be some special events quick races, with some cars on some tracks that will give you a taste as I said of Ai races.
I know that everybody wants the full monty, but I'm also sure that you understand that we need to test the performance of the AI on various systems, check for bugs, improve it and so on. It is far easier for us to do so on some specific scenarios, than having to control the whole Assetto Corsa grid at once.

We're pretty satisfied with how AI is coming along, but we also want to make it better and that's exactly what we're going to do once the update is out. We will collect your impressions and reports and work our asses for the next update to make them even better and offer you as soon as possible the whole AI functionality. I'm pretty confident you're going to like what you will experience tomorrow and I'm sure you will be hungry for more. Tiny bit of patience and we will deliver, you know already that we are listening and working constantly on this.

As a side note, of course you're going to get a couple of new cars and some new upgrades too, plus a complete rework of our tyre model (yikes!)... it's subtle, nothing too drastic, but we think you'll like it even more.

Ok back to work to put the final touches on tomorrows update, thanks for listening

ohhh!!my 52 hours of AC will become 100 with this :confused:.

Aristotelis Vasilakos:

Wonderful! Now im excited.

This is all good news but I just hope we don't have to wait for AI to be fully implemented before MP starts getting worked on. I understand MP isn't ready and I'll wait however long we have to but I must admit that it gets frustrating that it seems AI is of more importance to Kunos than MP.

I wonder if reworked tire model includes the low speed model also? Can't wait to take the new BMW for some laps and maybe one of the variations of the E30 will be with the E46 motor with a non-drift setup.

Aristotelis Vasilakos:

Oulalala that sound like music to my ear ! dude/sir, are you one of the devs ^^ ? what an honor to have you to give us some insight on tomorow's update ;)

This is all good news but I just hope we don't have to wait for AI to be fully implemented before MP starts getting worked on. I understand MP isn't ready and I'll wait however long we have to but I must admit that it gets frustrating that it seems AI is of more importance to Kunos than MP.

I wonder if reworked tire model includes the low speed model also? Can't wait to take the new BMW for some laps and maybe one of the variations of the E30 will be with the E46 motor with a non-drift setup.

also I think AI help a lot to test and make better contact physique especially for mp, IMO that why they are testing AI first.

We knew that it would only be some AI challenges, I remember they said from the get go, that AI will only be on the final release (same with MP), but I am happy to read "new cars" plurel so more than just the 1M ^^

This is great news. I'm going to have to come up with a plan to do some benchmarks to share with the community.

Totally sucks I'll be at work for another twelve hours tomorrow! Won't get my wheel on this until night time and may be to tired to do it.

We knew that it would only be some AI challenges, I remember they said from the get go, that AI will only be on the final release (same with MP), but I am happy to read "new cars" plurel so more than just the 1M ^^

As far as I'm aware the only feature that will not be included until final release is the actual career mode. AI, MP, and all the rest will be in early as part of the updates.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%