Assetto Corsa v0.4 released

Why does the BMW E30 GrA has a fake 6th gear?

It depends on what gearbox you chose in game.

I thought the group A e30 had a gertrag 265 5 speed dogleg. Most e30 group A i've seen have the 5speed gearbox. But there was also a holinger 6 speed gearbox.

If you chose the 5 speed gearbox, you schould calibrate 1ste on the 2d position and 2d on the 3 position and so on... For the "real experience".

Can't understand why everyone likes 599X so much. As to me it's like "cheater's car". Very fast and very stable. Ofc car that is made for reach people that can pay 1 mil $ for track day toy, should be sticky as glue and fast as hellhound. But It's like there is no challange from car, whyle you drive it. And this HUGE steering wheel like in schoolbus... *facepalm*

Can't understand why everyone likes 599X so much. As to me it's like "cheater's car". Very fast and very stable. Ofc car that is made for reach people that can pay 1 mil $ for track day toy, should be sticky as glue and fast as hellhound. But It's like there is no challange from car, whyle you drive it. And this HUGE steering wheel like in schoolbus... *facepalm*
in the top 10 list (another thread) i chose the zonda and the 599 as my favourites ...for pure speed. if the car is extremely well balanced, it just means you can go faster and feel higher g forces consistently. thats the racer in me. tell me someone who doesn't like going fast?lol

I chose the ferrari 458 for beauty and flexibility - the way you can slide it about, drift and so on. i would rather drive this car in any situation. the other 2 would be a nordschleife lap scenario.

the f40 just has so much understeer - even on slicks and snap oversteer on throttle. i'm sure i will appreciate it more when i get the hang of it - i've probs spent too much time in the zonda :)

in the top 10 list (another thread) i chose the zonda and the 599 as my favourites ...for pure speed. if the car is extremely well balanced, it just means you can go faster and feel higher g forces consistently. thats the racer in me. tell me someone who doesn't like going fast?lol

I chose the ferrari 458 for beauty and flexibility - the way you can slide it about, drift and so on. i would rather drive this car in any situation. the other 2 would be a nordschleife lap scenario.

the f40 just has so much understeer - even on slicks and snap oversteer on throttle. i'm sure i will appreciate it more when i get the hang of it - i've probs spent too much time in the zonda :)
Streetracer likes going fast, and racers likes to be faster then other racers (not depending on car).
And how do you want to feel those G forces at home ?

Streetracer likes going fast, and racers likes to be faster then other racers (not depending on car).
And how do you want to feel those G forces at home ?
so what do you call someone who likes going fast AND faster than other racers? (like me) and who made that quote? is he the fountain of all knowledge?

obviously i can't feel the g physically - sim racers only have visuals and ffb to "simulate" those effects or to kid the mind to believing things are more aggressive.

i don't think any guys should feel guilty for having a preference of car which they feels is better balanced and allows more speed. i think there will be a lot of people like that. you asked the question so I answered as ONE of those people. I'm not here to change your opinion - just to respond. you might have to accept other people's opinions too because i doubt you're going to change the world to all of your tastes :O_o:

do you drive a 3 wheeler in real life? you should do. It would be a greater challenge to drive it fast lol you're cheating driving 4 wheels right? as is sebastien vettel, as is sebastein loeb - he wasn't racing other racers, he was racing a track at pikes peak and yet he chose a well balanced powerful car. shame on him lol

It depends on what gearbox you chose in game.

I thought the group A e30 had a gertrag 265 5 speed dogleg. Most e30 group A i've seen have the 5speed gearbox. But there was also a holinger 6 speed gearbox.

If you chose the 5 speed gearbox, you schould calibrate 1ste on the 2d position and 2d on the 3 position and so on... For the "real experience".

Interesting. I still can't work out exactly which version of the real car the AC car is based on. It looks like an 87-88 car, but has some bits and bobs off of different cars. Any ideas?

Interesting. I still can't work out exactly which version of the real car the AC car is based on. It looks like an 87-88 car, but has some bits and bobs off of different cars. Any ideas?

DTM has the E30 until 1992. That model is the best known. So i think they did the 1990-1992 model.

1987 the serria cosworth rs500 won the championship :thumbsup:.
image.jpg

Later dtm prohibited turbo's. Because ford wasn't german. :thumbsdown::laugh::p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%