Assetto Corsa: Tripl3 DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Praga R1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, by way of Licensing Project Manager Marco Massarutto, have been teasing some exciting looking footage of four new cars due to be released for Assetto Corsa before the end of August.

The stunning Praga R1, Ferrari 488 GTB and Ferrari FXX K will form part of a new DLC package, Tripl3, to be released alongside the game update to version 1.8. As part of the new update, Kunos will also be making available the Audi A1 S1 Quattro as a free addition to the sim.

All four cars have previously been revealed by the studio as part of their recent summer webcast, however the new preview images and videos present the first opportunity for fans to really have a close look at the latest Kunos offering. In particular the Praga R1 looks like an interesting, and little known choice to bring into Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari FXXK Interior.jpg

Assetto Corsa Ferrari FFX K.jpg

Version 1.8 has promised further development of the core game "under the hood", with possible FPS improvements currently going through testing with a view to being rolled out as part of the 1.8 release. As previewed earlier, version 1.8 will also bring some visual improvements to Assetto Corsa, with good progress having be made with the games reflection properties and antialiasing results. Coupled with the potential FPS improvements and further expansion to the number of cars running v10 tyres, 1.8 could very well become one of the more impressive releases from the studio in recent times.

Assetto Corsa is currently available for PC via the Steam Network. Console editions of the game are due to be released at the end out August.

The in game videos of the Ferrari FXX K, Praga R1, Ferrari 488 GTB and the Audi A1 S1 Quattro can be viewed on the Facebook page of Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto - HERE.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTB.jpg

The Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum is the place to catch all the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Hang out with fellow AC fans or browse through our comprehensive mods forum or even better, go wheel to wheel with each other in our awesome AC Racing Club!

Which car are you most looking forward to in the new Tripl3 DLC pack? Do you think version 1.8 will be a large step forward for the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be the first time I don't really care for the cars of this pack.....well....that Praga though...FXX K is neat but more glam than anything personally. 488 GTB is cool, but same. Honestly, new Ferrari is all the same to me except race cars and still, they are the same to me. So it's all the same. Sameness to be the same, for Samesake. ah JK I'll probably still buy it..:p

Get ready for the all-new Tripl3 Pack DLC, coming 26.08.2016 on Steam, featuring the breathtaking Ferrari FXX K, Ferrari 488 GTB and Praga R1.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! Our Steam community can enjoy some free bonus content this Friday, with Update 1.8. Featuring the Audi S1 and the historic Sopraelevata circuit, which has been developed using laserscan technology to guarantee the highest level of accuracy for Assetto Corsa. Monza's 1960 10km Sopraelevata circuit can also be raced on for the FIRST TIME on console, at launch!

Assetto Corsa will be released on August 26th (EU) and August 30th (NA) on PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One! Pre-order NOW! >http://console.assettocorsa.net/

Enjoy 50% off Assetto Corsa + Dream Packs NOW on Steam! >http://store.steampowered.com/sub/88782/

Get ready for the all-new Tripl3 Pack DLC, coming 26.08.2016 on Steam, featuring the breathtaking Ferrari FXX K, Ferrari 488 GTB and Praga R1.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! Our Steam community can enjoy some free bonus content this Friday, with Update 1.8. Featuring the Audi S1 and the historic Sopraelevata circuit, which has been developed using laserscan technology to guarantee the highest level of accuracy for Assetto Corsa. Monza's 1960 10km Sopraelevata circuit can also be raced on for the FIRST TIME on console, at launch!

Assetto Corsa will be released on August 26th (EU) and August 30th (NA) on PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One! Pre-order NOW! >http://console.assettocorsa.net/

Enjoy 50% off Assetto Corsa + Dream Packs NOW on Steam! >http://store.steampowered.com/sub/88782/
Wow, if anybody is on the fence about buying AC on PC, with this deal you can buy the AC + Dream Packs bundle and then buy the Japanese Pack and Red Pack and still be under normal retail price for the standalone. That's some pretty great value! :thumbsup:

Wow, if anybody is on the fence about buying AC on PC, with this deal you can buy the AC + Dream Packs bundle and then buy the Japanese Pack and Red Pack and still be under normal retail price for the standalone. That's some pretty great value! :thumbsup:
Amazing amount of content that will take ages to get through. I've had this title since the day it launched on EA and I've still not gotten through all of it yet...

But wait, the internets say that Kunos are just money-hungry liars who are trying to gouge everyone and release a NFS clone that's disguised as a full fledged sim?? I'm so confused.......:unsure:

2,99$? It's a steal!
Even if i'm not really interested in these cars (besides the Praga), but i'll definitively buy the pack just to support Kunos. They have made big steps in the right direction with the last updates.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%