Assetto Corsa: Tripl3 DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Praga R1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni, by way of Licensing Project Manager Marco Massarutto, have been teasing some exciting looking footage of four new cars due to be released for Assetto Corsa before the end of August.

The stunning Praga R1, Ferrari 488 GTB and Ferrari FXX K will form part of a new DLC package, Tripl3, to be released alongside the game update to version 1.8. As part of the new update, Kunos will also be making available the Audi A1 S1 Quattro as a free addition to the sim.

All four cars have previously been revealed by the studio as part of their recent summer webcast, however the new preview images and videos present the first opportunity for fans to really have a close look at the latest Kunos offering. In particular the Praga R1 looks like an interesting, and little known choice to bring into Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari FXXK Interior.jpg

Assetto Corsa Ferrari FFX K.jpg

Version 1.8 has promised further development of the core game "under the hood", with possible FPS improvements currently going through testing with a view to being rolled out as part of the 1.8 release. As previewed earlier, version 1.8 will also bring some visual improvements to Assetto Corsa, with good progress having be made with the games reflection properties and antialiasing results. Coupled with the potential FPS improvements and further expansion to the number of cars running v10 tyres, 1.8 could very well become one of the more impressive releases from the studio in recent times.

Assetto Corsa is currently available for PC via the Steam Network. Console editions of the game are due to be released at the end out August.

The in game videos of the Ferrari FXX K, Praga R1, Ferrari 488 GTB and the Audi A1 S1 Quattro can be viewed on the Facebook page of Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto - HERE.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTB.jpg

The Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum is the place to catch all the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Hang out with fellow AC fans or browse through our comprehensive mods forum or even better, go wheel to wheel with each other in our awesome AC Racing Club!

Which car are you most looking forward to in the new Tripl3 DLC pack? Do you think version 1.8 will be a large step forward for the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
get a grip.
EDIT : RANT alert, just avoided. :p

And we get two tracks this year for free (historic Monza & Silverstone) which both have cost them workhours. Also 3 Porsches will be free, Maserati Levante was free, now one free Audi. Quattro and R8 Plus were already free. Corvette C7 was free, Mustang 2015 was free, CTR Yellowbird, GT86... seriously, some people will never be happy
You tend to mistake happiness or the lack of it for having the balls to ask questions and criticising marketing strategies towards a company that despite having acquired a substantial amount of money and support, still is asking money for even the smallest content updates (not Porsche) while the game core itself hasn't been completed yet (hopefully 1.8 will bring closure).
Make no mistake though, I am happy for this game I wouldn't otherwise have spent +1675hrs on it :O_o:?! Happiness isn't the problem, it's my direct and open criticism towards Kunos that misleads you into thinking I am not happy with what I have received from them for my money. No you are wrong, I don't get why you are so easy going with this strategy and why you pick on people who raise their voice on the money matter, with reason that is. I would guess, judging by your name and avatar, you are a rather wealthy person or doing just fine, but I can not know that for sure of course and to clarify, that would be just fine by me :thumbsup::thumbsup: (I am just a poor sad bloke with second hand material:cry::cry: and used LCD screen combined with a12y old pnp screen andeven older surround sytem and a used armchair as race seat, a 360 controller and a used hall table as desk:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:)

And also, it is not because content is being released later in the stage of development, that you haven't payed for it my friend. That is some really retarded thinking. Despite the absolute magnificent quality of this game content, you and I have payed for everything you see in there. That is just mere logic and common sense.

It is always easy to pick on the people who criticise, who stand up, who dare to ask questions, who do NOT believe in endless DLC sales to enjoy the game to the fullest, who can't help wondering why the F1 restricted use was not communicated beforehand,....
I am not criticising their work, not the quality of the content, just not complying with the marketing strategy they are heading towards to. Paid already +€70 (JP wasn't included in my calculation), how much will it eventually cost me? No idea, but I think I might stop being supportive after Porsche. I think €100 max will be a fair price for this game, my personal opinion, nothing to bash on PLEASE. Yes I fancy that idea, I will stop being financially supportive after the Porsche pack, there, I said it and promised it to myself. Maybe some other people will start doing the same. I say no to this kind of marketing, never going to end is it?

Wonder how much my desired Maserati GT1 would cost :O_o:?

Seigh, this should have been my very last comment. @Brandon Wright , you were right, too much energy I have put into this....but someone's got to do it.

And also, it is not because content is being released later in the stage of development, that you haven't payed for it my friend. That is some really retarded thinking. Despite the absolute magnificent quality of this game content, you and I have payed for everything you see in there. That is just mere logic and common sense.
Well, I don't find it worth the fuss. I've bought every DLC so far, usually with some cars I don't really care about. This time all 3 cars interest me, so won't mind.

Also, the fact that Kunos will give 3 Porsches for free, is pretty awesome. I bought AC at version 1.0, without any kind of expectations or guarantees that it will ever be bigger than it was at that point. I paid for what it was, everything I get for free after is extra. I don't feel the free Porsches (for example) are content I already paid for, whole Porsche license was never even supposed to come.

Sure they could have given it for free, but it was never promised anywhere. It was alleged by forum users, not announced by Kunos. Console release will be inferior anyway, with limited grid, limited graphics, no mod support. I don't really care if they get this for free and we have to pay a nominal fee. Kunos has to pack in a lot of cars for console release, because they compete (in the eyes of console users) against Forza and GT.

3€ (or whatever it will cost) is nothing, you can't even get a beer in my country with that.

Last edited:
Well, I don't find it worth the fuss. I've bought every DLC so far, usually with some cars I don't really care about. This time all 3 cars interest me, so won't mind.

Also, the fact that Kunos will give 3 Porsches for free, is pretty awesome. I bought AC at version 1.0, without any kind of expectations or guarantees that it will ever be bigger than it was at that point. I paid for what it was, everything I get for free after is extra. I don't feel the free Porsches (for example) are content I already paid for, whole Porsche license was never even supposed to come.

Sure they could have given it for free, but it was never promised anywhere. It was alleged by forum users, not announced by Kunos. Console release will be inferior anyway, with limited grid, limited graphics, no mod support. I don't really care if they get this for free and we have to pay a nominal fee. Kunos has to pack in a lot of cars for console release, because they compete (in the eyes of console users) against Forza and GT.

3€ (or whatever it will cost) is nothing, you can't even get a beer in my country with that.
I understand, I guess the perception of the value of money is the main difference in our ideas on DLC cost. I know a pub here in the Wild West of Flanders where a beer only costs €1,10 but that is the exception. like time, money is relative, I guess. Well, good day now.

This is the first pack without a car I want to drive so may be the 1st pack I won't be buying. No criticism there for Kunos .

One thing puzzles me is why weren't they in the previous pack as they are a good fit ?

I don't know why three cars need to be in an extra DLC. Especially when the content is displayed on the cover of the retail version.
BUT I would be very surprised,if Kunos charges more than 1.5€ for it.
Still not of an optimal business plan for me...

I don't know why three cars need to be in an extra DLC. Especially when the content is displayed on the cover of the retail version.
BUT I would be very surprised,if Kunos charges more than 1.5€ for it.
Still not of an optimal business plan for me...
They needed a preorder incentive for the console versions.

EDIT : RANT alert, just avoided. :p

You tend to mistake happiness or the lack of it for having the balls to ask questions and criticising marketing strategies towards a company that despite having acquired a substantial amount of money and support, still is asking money for even the smallest content updates (not Porsche) while the game core itself hasn't been completed yet (hopefully 1.8 will bring closure).
Make no mistake though, I am happy for this game I wouldn't otherwise have spent +1675hrs on it :O_o:?! Happiness isn't the problem, it's my direct and open criticism towards Kunos that misleads you into thinking I am not happy with what I have received from them for my money. No you are wrong, I don't get why you are so easy going with this strategy and why you pick on people who raise their voice on the money matter, with reason that is. I would guess, judging by your name and avatar, you are a rather wealthy person or doing just fine, but I can not know that for sure of course and to clarify, that would be just fine by me :thumbsup::thumbsup: (I am just a poor sad bloke with second hand material:cry::cry: and used LCD screen combined with a12y old pnp screen andeven older surround sytem and a used armchair as race seat, a 360 controller and a used hall table as desk:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:)

It is always easy to pick on the people who criticise, who stand up, who dare to ask questions, who do NOT believe in endless DLC sales to enjoy the game to the fullest, who can't help wondering why the F1 restricted use was not communicated beforehand,....
I am not criticising their work, not the quality of the content, just not complying with the marketing strategy they are heading towards to. Paid already +€70 (JP wasn't included in my calculation), how much will it eventually cost me? No idea, but I think I might stop being supportive after Porsche. I think €100 max will be a fair price for this game, my personal opinion, nothing to bash on PLEASE. Yes I fancy that idea, I will stop being financially supportive after the Porsche pack, there, I said it and promised it to myself. Maybe some other people will start doing the same. I say no to this kind of marketing, never going to end is it?

Wonder how much my desired Maserati GT1 would cost :O_o:?

Seigh, this should have been my very last comment. @Brandon Wright , you were right, too much energy I have put into this....but someone's got to do it.

I'm all for constructive criticism, without it products would never improve. And while I can see where the DLC strategy could be criticized I just don't see much point in it because this is the norm for games now, has been for some time and it's not going to change. At least Kunos is very generous with the price and amount of content. In order to continue developing the game and securing more licenses/building more cars they need a continued source of income and DLC is a way to achieve that.

Not criticizing you at all mate, you've presented your argument sensibly and civilly. Not everyone is in the position to buy every DLC that comes out. I too wish they would spend a little more time on features and fixes instead of continuing to pump out new cars every couple months (yes, yes, different people make the cars than do the coding) but each update is containing little improvements that are starting to add up and address some of the short-comings. But....I still think the DLC "strategy" is something we all need to accept as the likely norm when we buy a game because that's how things work now and now amount of criticism is going to change that. Look at the bright side, at least we don't have to spend $50 for one piece of content like in some flight sims, or $15 for one track like iRacing. :thumbsup:

I'm all for constructive criticism, without it products would never improve. And while I can see where the DLC strategy could be criticized I just don't see much point in it because this is the norm for games now, has been for some time and it's not going to change. At least Kunos is very generous with the price and amount of content. In order to continue developing the game and securing more licenses/building more cars they need a continued source of income and DLC is a way to achieve that.

Not criticizing you at all mate, you've presented your argument sensibly and civilly. Not everyone is in the position to buy every DLC that comes out. I too wish they would spend a little more time on features and fixes instead of continuing to pump out new cars every couple months (yes, yes, different people make the cars than do the coding) but each update is containing little improvements that are starting to add up and address some of the short-comings. But....I still think the DLC "strategy" is something we all need to accept as the likely norm when we buy a game because that's how things work now and now amount of criticism is going to change that. Look at the bright side, at least we don't have to spend $50 for one piece of content like in some flight sims, or $15 for one track like iRacing. :thumbsup:
Yes I have thought some more about this and as a gamer I have started playing GT when I was about 12y. I am now 35, that is dinosaur age in the gaming world. And during those 23 years in gaming so much has changed I can barely keep up. Maybe it's time for me now to change too and look at the positive side Kunos and AC have offered me. 1675hrs of sim racing fun. That counts for sth. And of course I will buy DLC packs, as long as the price is right. Sometimes the quest for financing my favourite hobby just puts me off....that said I will start at a new firm doing nightshifts very soon boosting my income with no less than €500/month. I have worked for 13 years full time for my previous firm and they payed me less at the end of my career than the firm where I start the very first month, without nightshift bonus even added. So I spent all my livery designs earnings at DLC and other mods like URD and never got to buy a wheel. I think my financial frustration was at the base of the DLC "rant".

Hope I have a PC before this update, the one I had broke down thanks to a mod advertised via skin mod on the page (virus literally killed my PC).
Get Windows on a DVD or USB and format your hard drive. That should wipe all virus. Or if you have Windows 10 you can do it directly by going to start - options - updates - recovery - introduction - remove all.

Get Windows on a DVD or USB and format your hard drive. That should wipe all virus. Or if you have Windows 10 you can do it directly by going to start - options - updates - recovery - introduction - remove all.
I tried but after 2 failed reboots it stopped working. The system tried repairing itself but couldnt after hours of waiting and either the cpu or gpu is totally dead after that. Anyway a new build is the way to go since components are getting better year by year. Not a cheap build btw.

So you've done literally nothing and you're already out of ideas? Burn yourself one of those bootable virus scanner discs/usb sticks or just take your tower to an expert.

I highly doubt that the virus killed your hardware.

So you've done literally nothing and you're already out of ideas? Burn yourself one of those bootable virus scanner discs/usb sticks or just take your tower to an expert.

I highly doubt that the virus killed your hardware.
Try fixing broken hardware. Not worth the money considering the age of it anyway.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.8%