Assetto Corsa: Toyota licence officially unveiled

AC_TS040W.jpg

KUNOS Simulazioni just revealed that they have struck a deal with TOYOTA Motor Corporation, which will bring a number of cars (both road and racing) to Assetto Corsa.

Six cars will be added, from the '80s Corolla AE-86 to the brand-spanking new LMP1 monster, the TS040 Hybrid. With the TS040 comes a new endurance catagory for the game's garage, which Kunos promise will be filled with other cars from the same class.

Drifters rejoice! The Supra MK IV should cater to your needs, when you're not relentlessly trying to get that Reliant Robin to slide...

Kunos had the chance to test some of the cars at the Nordschleife and Vallelunga circuits, which should allow them to reproduce them in the game with absolute precision.

The news comes just after Kunos announced a partnership with RSR Nurburg, a racing school who uses the GT-86 as part of their tuition package.

Production:
  • GT-86
  • Supra MK IV
  • Celica
  • AE-86
Racing:
  • GT-86 GT4
  • TS040 Hybrid LMP1
Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

As someone who isn't happy with ACs focus on GT3 & Super-/Hypercars (i'd rather be three-wheelin' on bias-plys :D), i think this is the best anouncement since the laserscanned Nordschleife.
In my opinion roadcars on street tires is what Assetto does best and they ticked all the right boxes regarding that Toyota license.
And on top of that we get the SLS this Friday, i can see myself fire up AC more often again.
Ace stuff, now we only need a 24H day/night cycle, working pitstops and drivers swaps and this sim is complete :)
My 3 things to make the sim complete: netcode, netcode and pitstops ;).

Also, it would be great if some of the cars with similiar performance would get a special "S" version for online racing in the future which makes them competitive against each other.

Very nice news Kunos, keep up the good work! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No idea how one can not be in love with the GT3 :inlove: cars in AC :confused::confused::confused::confused:

But the "netcode, netcode & pitstops" I second any time. :D

But in regards to Bram, night time would be awesome but as dark as it already gets ingame, what we really need is proper headlights. :rolleyes: Just imagine driving that Toyota LMP at the darkest time with no lights....OMG, carnage. :poop:

Last edited:
No idea how one can not be in love with the GT3 :inlove: cars in AC :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm just not a friend of slicks and high downforce in general, this is no AC exclusive. There's nothing like a four-wheel drift with the inner front in the air :).
But in AC (to me) the GT3 cars feel even more life-less than race cars in other sims. For example: I'm not running top splits in the GSCE V8's either but absolutely love the physics of those, they feel knife-edge alive, imo AC has no racecar that feels that good (the E30 come close in terms of fun though).
Can't think of any sim that has roadcars on ACs level, though.

I'm just not a friend of slicks and high downforce in general, this is no AC exclusive. There's nothing like a four-wheel drift with the inner front in the air :).
But in AC (to me) the GT3 cars feel even more life-less than race cars in other sims. For example: I'm not running top splits in the GSCE V8's either but absolutely love the physics of those, they feel knife-edge alive, imo AC has no racecar that feels that good (the E30 come close in terms of fun though).
Can't think of any sim that has roadcars on ACs level, though.

rF2 has the Panos Roadster. In my opinion the best pure simulation of a road car on road tires, yet. That lift off oversteer and feel of weight transfer on the softer road suspension is so awesome. But it's only one model, whereas AC has plenty of road cars :)

rF2 has the Panos Roadster. In my opinion the best pure simulation of a road car on road tires, yet. That lift off oversteer and feel of weight transfer on the softer road suspension is so awesome. But it's only one model, whereas AC has plenty of road cars :)
Yep, that one is nice, pretty much my favourite rF2 car. LFS' roadcars are also great, in my opinion no sim comes close to their FWD physics.
But with Kunos you get a good choice of licensed cars, believeable physics, great models/cockpits on laserscanned tracks so for now it seems to be the most promising sim regarding roadcar fun.

I wonder how much of stretch it will be to get some Lexus's (Lexi?). Well a Lexus. An LFA to be precise.

Do they have any other interesting cars? IS-F to do battle with M3's (and C63's, RS4's surely with current licenses)? RC-F? Have I missed any?

RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport, No? :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing