Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T500RS Settings

Hi guys.

I hope this helps anyone with the T500RS to get a better FFB feel. I think it feels pretty good IMO.

T500 Control Panel:
Overall Strength = 100%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto centre = by the game (Recommended)

In game settings:
Force feedback = 45%
Filter = 0%

With these settings the wheel also centers itself much quicker as people have been saying with the T500 the wheel doesn't seem to center properly.

I finally feel again the tyres locking. I increased road, slip and kerb. I'm not satisfied yet with the feeling when i'm going to lose the car. I can't feel it until it's almost too late, which is a problem since from the last update the overall grip has been decreased.

Hello,
i just want to share my settings and maybe some suggestion, if its ok'ish or something else.

Control Panel
Wheel degree 900°

All Forces 60%
konstant 100%
periodic 100%
spring 0%
damping 12%

autocenter 12% set by game

In Game
Gain 60% ; Filter 0% ; Min Force 3% ; Kerb 5% ; Road 7% ; Slip 40%

in assetto_corsa.ini
Soft_Lock Enabled =1

keep in mind that u can set the Car FFB by itself using Numpad plus or minus

actually i am testing if i like enabling the Gyro Effekt or not.

Have fun and good racing,
Cheers MiK

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what usb issues are the Z170 cihpsets having? I have a z170 pro gaming mobo and so far im not seeing any usb issues (besides not having enough) So i just want to know what to look for

Might be just my board, but I'm lacking details of ffb... I really wouldn't have even noticed if it was't suddenly started working for a while after chipset driver update. Also more than few occasions it has bsod'd if I have my wheel connected. It's going for RMA, propably power feed problem on mobo.

yah that might be a bad board. My ffb is too strong in some cases on my tx wheel. And (knock on wood) ive never had a BSOD on my rig running win 10. I have it in a usb 2.0 port.. I get weird issues if i try to use usb 3.0.. same with my CSP v2 pedals. They dont work well with 3.0 for whatever reason

Wheel degree 900°

All Forces 60%
constant 100%
periodic 100%
spring 100%
damping 100%
autocenter 12% set by game

In Game 900º
Gain 80% ; Filter 0% ; Min Force 1% ; Kerb 20% ; Road 50% ; Slip 8%

In car
Around 100, some cars 80 other ones 120, but 100% in general.

Great FFB feeling for me as usual in AC.
(I use general forces too for iRacing)

Don't be disappointed mate until you try the settings I am using: (at least in AC)

T500 driver:
Gain 60
Constant and Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damping 10%

In game Assetto Corsa:
Gain 80%
Filter 0%
Mininum Force: 1%
Kerb effect: 50%
Road effect 26%
Slip effect 0%
Enhanced understeer effect disabled.

Hope it works ok for you and in other games I keep Spring and Damper at 0% or 10% damper only. Seeya

Try to keep settings and reduce from 80 to 60% in game. With 60 and all other setting as they are, you will still feel most details. However I think you will not get all very detailed bumps without a bit of extra weight with T500. Maybe with a even more professional wheel. Just my guess.

I read some posts above that someone is having a bad FFB feel (due a usb port it seems) and I need to tell that I am having an issue similar and don't know what causes it, but I noticed when I start my PC and the wheel rotates (calibrating itself) I get that poor ffb effect in games. However if I shut PC down and start it again (sometimes I need to do that more than once) and the wheel do not rotate while Windows starts, then the FFB feel perfectly good and accurate again. There is someone else with that minor issue? I think Windows is causing it somehow.

Never had that problem with original content. With some mods Rising ride height solved that...but this was before some of the suspension issue were solved within the game. I stay away from car mods these days.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 259 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%