Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T500RS Settings

Hi guys.

I hope this helps anyone with the T500RS to get a better FFB feel. I think it feels pretty good IMO.

T500 Control Panel:
Overall Strength = 100%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto centre = by the game (Recommended)

In game settings:
Force feedback = 45%
Filter = 0%

With these settings the wheel also centers itself much quicker as people have been saying with the T500 the wheel doesn't seem to center properly.

From v1.3 above

Driver settings for T500RS:

Overall Strength = 60%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damping = 65% (affects only when car is travelling under 3 kph and stand still.)
[x] ...by the game
Too high Overall Strenght makes the wheel start to clip in the hardware side of things, which is not good. 62% is the highest you should ever go. Too much damping makes the stand still tyre friction (only way to make damping affect in AC is for you to turn on values under FF_experimental in assetto_corsa.ini.) feel notchy. 50-75% and you still have a nice weighty feel while car is not moving.

In-game controller menu:
FFB Gain = 85% (that is the best gain value I got, by checking with multiple cars using Atle's clipping doodad. Gives nice hefty FFB without clipping issues.)
Filter = 0
Minimum Forces = 2% (minimum Force shouldn't be raised above 3%, it's pretty much exactly the T500 internal resistance, forces under 2-3% overall strength gets lost in translation basically)
Rest of the Values = 0 (Kerb, Road, Slip)

Car Specific:
FFB multiplier = 100% (while on track,Numpad + and - keys to adjust.)
In case some car I didn't happen to try, starts to look like its clipping or you like lighter FFB, feel free to experiment or just adjust from the Car Specific FFB while on track (Numpad + and - keys).

Gyroscopic forces:
Last but not least, I recommend using the new FF_experimental feature called Gyro. Reasons in the following thread with some visual aid:

Gyroscopic forces are turned on in the physics engine level, but this is meant for strong direct drive wheels since they tend to want to oscelate more, but as stated above, in some cars even with T500 it is beneficial.

As default this is turned off.
More about this in the future, in case more info comes to light and potential reason why it shouldn't be turned on for the likes of T500. I havent found any drawbacks as of yet.
How to turn it on? You can find this in:
//assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
Change the 0 (zero) into 1 (one), so it looks like this:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
Save the file, close it, and you're done.

Settings by Tommi karsikas

Last edited:
Overall Strength = 60%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damping = 65% (affects only when car is travelling under 3 kph and stand still.)
[x] ...by the game
Too high Overall Strenght makes the wheel start to clip in the hardware side of things, which is not good. 62% is the highest you should ever go. Too much damping makes the stand still tyre friction (only way to make damping affect in AC is for you to turn on values under FF_experimental in assetto_corsa.ini.) feel notchy. 50-75% and you still have a nice weighty feel while car is not moving.

In-game controller menu:
FFB Gain = 85% (that is the best gain value I got, by checking with multiple cars using Atle's clipping doodad. Gives nice hefty FFB without clipping issues.)
Filter = 0
Minimum Forces = 2% (minimum Force shouldn't be raised above 3%, it's pretty much exactly the T500 internal resistance, forces under 2-3% overall strength gets lost in translation basically)

Car Specific:
In case some car I didn't happen to try, starts to look like its clipping or you like lighter FFB, feel free to experiment or just adjust from the Car Specific FFB while on track (Numpad + and - keys).

Gyroscopic forces:
Last but not least, I recommend using the new FF_experimental feature called Gyro. Reasons in the following thread with some visual aid:

Gyroscopic forces are turned on in the physics engine level, but this is meant for strong direct drive wheels since they tend to want to oscelate more, but as stated above, in some cars even with T500 it is beneficial.

More about this in the future, in case more info comes to light and potential reason why it shouldn't be turned on for the likes of T500. I havent found any drawbacks as of yet.
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1

Thank you very much... now I don't have to fiddle with it too much :)

Are the above settings for the T500RS still up-to-date with the latest version of the game?

Yes, and are the best ones really. I have fiddled with settings for months and months and these are the best I could came up with. The only difference for me is I have overall gain ingame at 80. Everything else is identical. The other option is periodic to be set to 0 in the wheel profile. It gives the wheel smoother feel...up to you on this one, I personally run Periodic at 100%

p.s. ENABLE_GYRO this one is crucial. Make sure to set it to 1 and remember to update the .ini after every update because it goes back to 0 every time.

It's not the proper place for me to ask it but i cannot see another.

I am using Logitech Formula Force FX wheel for which i have only best comments. It is down only to the fact that most of it is made of plastic and not steel like G25 or G27 and that it turns only 90 degrees, while in anything else i would rank it as just equal and i would never change it unless its broken.

However i have big problem, not that big when i compare it with rFactor 2, although in rF2 ALSO is required wheel with more degrees of turning, but somehow i did it and its quite perfect there. But the problem i have with AC is that i put it on 90 degrees and yet when i make slight movements with the s.wheel, ingame the s.wheel is turning either more or its very sensitive.

I am not very positive that any solution will be found unless i buy new steering wheel which will be more suitable for AC. I was optimistic that someone can tell me something about how to do it, some setup or something, anything.

From what I remember the Logitech EX has only 200 degrees of rotation overall. That means you will never get the in-game wheel to match it. The reason is the in-game wheel animates to a realistic degree of rotation and if your wheel has a smaller rotation than the in-game car has the animation has to be 'squeezed' down into 200 degrees (or whatever). Therefore it will spin faster and will look wrong.

If you're driving with a wheel why not turn the game wheel off? That's what I do.

From v1.3 above

Overall Strength = 60%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
[x] ...by the game

In-game controller menu:
Filter = 0

Car Specific:

Gyroscopic forces:

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1

In the previous version of the game i used to feel the tyres locking. What can i do to feel it again?

Are the above settings for the T500RS still up-to-date with the latest version of the game?

Pretty much the same settings are the optimal still as were in 1.3.
Personally, I lowered the ingame gain to 75%, re-check the "per car" FFB on track, and you should be good to go.
I did go back to having emphasized road effect at around 50% , and ~8% slip. They give more road feel for recognizing those bumps that can hamper with your braking, acceleration and cornering, and the slip helps with the issue that BhZ mentions in quote below.
In the previous version of the game i used to feel the tyres locking. What can i do to feel it again?

ps. My "call sign" seems to be Golanv here. Tommi Karsikas would be my real name, and the name AC forums uses, where Enagee took the quote from.
Thanks Enagee for that by the way, I dropped the ball on that one. :redface:

Post 1.5, I will remake the FFB for T500 from scratch, and post here if there is anything new to report.

Anyone else experiencing ffb changes in wheel when starting new sessions?
I'm having that at the moment. In game I have to sometimes adjust +-20% of strenght to get same feel for it :confused: And when I have to raise it, it feels I'm missing quite a bit details too... annoying specially when it hits in race start :mad:

Rami, this is what I'm running:
Tm control panel: overall strength 72%, constant & periodic 100%, spring & damper 0%. Auto center by game.

Ac control setting advanced: gain95%, filter & max force 0%, kerb 0%, road 25%, slip 11%.
Enhanced understeer effect enabled.
Brake gamma 1.0, gamma 1.0, filter & speed sensitivity.

In game ffb value is somewhere between 78-88 most of the time and I do adjust it frequently while driving. I think it might be related to tyre model and heat build up. There is a massive difference between model 5 and 6.

I'm using a pair of transducers, one uder seat one under pedals, to sort of fill in the gaps left by wheel settings. They really spring my rig to life.

Rami, this is what I'm running:
Tm control panel: overall strength 72%, constant & periodic 100%, spring & damper 0%. Auto center by game.

Ac control setting advanced: gain95%, filter & max force 0%, kerb 0%, road 25%, slip 11%.
Enhanced understeer effect enabled.
Brake gamma 1.0, gamma 1.0, filter & speed sensitivity.

In game ffb value is somewhere between 78-88 most of the time and I do adjust it frequently while driving. I think it might be related to tyre model and heat build up. There is a massive difference between model 5 and 6.

I'm using a pair of transducers, one uder seat one under pedals, to sort of fill in the gaps left by wheel settings. They really spring my rig to life.
Thanks Tommi. but this was related to my drivers. I updated both, bios and usb drivers, and I have to say this opened a new world of details in FFB. Overall feel is much better now. I think this is the first time this wheel actually works as intended :thumbsup:
This is what I hate about new pc builds, it takes a while for manufacturers to get everything working.
Hope this new feel lasts :)

Pretty much the same settings are the optimal still as were in 1.3.
Personally, I lowered the ingame gain to 75%, re-check the "per car" FFB on track, and you should be good to go.
I did go back to having emphasized road effect at around 50% , and ~8% slip. They give more road feel for recognizing those bumps that can hamper with your braking, acceleration and cornering, and the slip helps with the issue that BhZ mentions in quote below.

ps. My "call sign" seems to be Golanv here. Tommi Karsikas would be my real name, and the name AC forums uses, where Enagee took the quote from.
Thanks Enagee for that by the way, I dropped the ball on that one. :redface:

Post 1.5, I will remake the FFB for T500 from scratch, and post here if there is anything new to report.
Thanks for the reply. I still have the feeling that the FFB is worse compared to the "pre 1.3". I can't feel the car properly, it seems like i'm not in control of it. I'll try to use the old FFB settings, maybe i understand what's the difference and fix it.

Thanks for the reply. I still have the feeling that the FFB is worse compared to the "pre 1.3". I can't feel the car properly, it seems like i'm not in control of it. I'll try to use the old FFB settings, maybe i understand what's the difference and fix it.

What mobo and gpu you're running? I'm still having huge issues with it...

What mobo and gpu you're running? I'm still having huge issues with it...
I don't remember exactly the mobo, but the gpu is an evga 970. I don't think that the problem is related to the hardware since it's the same since i have Assetto Corsa. I just believe that they changed the FFB in the last update and i still haven't found settings as good as the one i used in the previous patch. As i said in the previous messages, i have some problems understanding if i'm locking the tires. I even noticed that pre-patch i used to understand if i was going to lose the car before it actually spin. Now i have to countersteer after i already have lost the car, which makes me way slower than before.
I'm not sure i made myself clear with this message (i'm not english, sorry).

I don't remember exactly the mobo, but the gpu is an evga 970. I don't think that the problem is related to the hardware since it's the same since i have Assetto Corsa. I just believe that they changed the FFB in the last update and i still haven't found settings as good as the one i used in the previous patch. As i said in the previous messages, i have some problems understanding if i'm locking the tires. I even noticed that pre-patch i used to understand if i was going to lose the car before it actually spin. Now i have to countersteer after i already have lost the car, which makes me way slower than before.
I'm not sure i made myself clear with this message (i'm not english, sorry).

Clear enough mate... neither am I :)
Just asked because this z170 chipset seems to have huge issues with usb :thumbsdown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back