Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster T300 Settings

jpg.jpg

Hi everyone, here we are with my personal settings for the Thrustmaster T300 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa. If you want more infos about the FFB, I suggest you to read this post of Luca Sodano from @kunos and this article on Reddit. Have a look at the settings below or download the files for an easy setup.

Download-Button-PNG-Background-Image.png

Thrustmaster Control Panel
Cattura1.JPG cp.png

• Degree of Rotation: 900°
  • Overall FFB: 100%
  • Constant: 100%
  • Periodic: 100%
  • Spring: 100%
  • Damper: 0%
  • Auto-Center: by the game

In-game Settings
  • Gain: 75%
  • Filter: 0%
  • Minimum Force: 2%
  • Kerb Effects: 0%
  • Road Effects: 0%
  • Slip Effects: 0%
  • ABS effects: 0%
  • Gamma: 1.00
  • Filter: 0.00
  • Speed Sensitivity: 0.00
  • Brake Gamma: 2.40
Enabled Gyro
gyro.png
Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.12
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

Post Processing
pp.png

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.8

[LUT]
CURVE=mylut.lut
pp.png

I hope this helps someone else with the T300 to get a more immersive FFB feel.

Last edited:
Hi,

@michael and Gio (and all others of course ;) )
Thanks for your suggestions for the T300.

What do you think about setting "Gamma" = 1 (enabeld) in ff_post_process.ini? I did it and my times went down by nearly a second on a 1:43min lap (Nürburgring Sprint GT with M3 e43). Thats quite a lot. So i like it of course. But i am still not sure what Gamma really dows?!

And does anyone know how it interacts with gyro?

Michael, is it possible to set the "DAMPER_GAIN=1" in the gyro sttings to 0.5? It felt ok, but i really didn't notice any difference. I like the gyro effect, but the dampening is too strong for me. I feel like i lose some details with full gyro.
My fastest laptime was with Gamma enabled and Gyro disabled *thinking*

Thanks in advance :)

I tried the settings suggested from Luca Sodano in this post, but honestly I can't tell you where is the improvement over the settings I'm using right now. Personally the kerbs at 50% is something to avoid, but the min force to 0 and the min damper to 0.15 seem a sightly improvement in road feel, but so sightly that I can't be more specific.
Uh, and Gamma=1 is bad, you don't want to play with that activated.

Hi everyone, here we are with my personal settings for the Thrustmaster T300RS for the PC version of Assetto Corsa.

Thrustmaster Control Panel
  • Overall FFB: 100%
  • Constant: 100%
  • Periodic: 100%
  • Spring: 100%
  • Damper: 0%
  • Auto-Center: by the game

In-game settings
  • Gain: 55%
  • Filter: 0%
  • Minimum Force: 6%
  • Kerb Effects: 0%
  • Road Effects: 0%
  • Slip Effects: 0%
  • ABS effects: 20%
  • Gamma: 1.00
  • Filter: 0.00
  • Speed Sensitivity: 0.00
  • Brake Gamma: 3.80
GYRO trick (thanks to @Michael Hornbuckle)
Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

Have a look at the settings below (sorry for some italian UI :D)
I hope this helps someone else with the T300 to get a more immersive FFB feel.
View attachment 177057 View attachment 223113 View attachment 230197
I have a T300 since little time ago and with this config -except Damper=0 for me- is the best I tried so, many thanks, Michael.

I have to take a look putting some value to Spring, as some of you said.

So, for over two years we did not have any change in the game coding and wheel driver that modified the FFB?
I am still tweaking myself and I do appreciate when someone else is sharing what works best for her/him.

Last edited:
So, for other two years we did not have any change in the game coding and wheel driver that modified the FFB?
No, nothing has changed enough in the base code to warrant different wheel settings.

Nothing wrong with constantly tweaking on your settings, especially if you aren't really sure what feeling the ffb should be trying to convey to you, but doesn't make sense to share them as something definitive when you constantly change them.

Last edited:
No, nothing has changed enough in the base code to warrant different wheel settings.

Nothing wrong with constantly tweaking on your settings, especially if you aren't really sure what feeling the ffb should be trying to convey to you, but doesn't make sense to share them as something definitive when you constantly change them.
Nothing is definitive. Maybe I tried iRacing or rFactor 2 for some hours before playing with the same track/car in AC and then I'm playing with the FFB a little bit. Or I read some articles online talking about the FFB.
But the changes are never massively, as you can see it's a matter of few %.
I can't understand why it doesn't make sense.

Actually, I have something to say.
I love AC and I am eager to try ACC.
Nevertheless, within the GT3 cars, I find the last releases of RRE, PC2 more revealing on the wheel when braking. I can feel more of the inertia of weight transfer and tyre grip. It feels more natural and closer to real life {not GT3}.

In this respect, might have room for improvement and post here if worth to share.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000