Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

Damn. Thank you Kunos. I downloaded, installed, and had up and running on three monitors with 80 fps and no problems. Sucks to hear the issues others are having. I have been doing lap after lap after lap and I know I should be practicing for the iracing daytona 500 tonight, but I cant stop driving this damn lotus. The ffb is perfect with my csr elite.

One question, how do I turn off the auto shifting and the guide line around the track? Thanks for help in advance.
when you select drive, there is a realism setting..you can turn aids on and off and such..will post a screenshot if needed

feels just perfect here ... the only bug i found is that ABS is allways on no matter if you set off in config menu ... have to press CTRL-A everytime i go on track

Athlon 3.2 (4 cores unlocked)
HD6850 overclocked to 940/1150
dual monitor but AC runs just in one screen (1980x1050)
i tested in default video config first and i got 83 fps average
in the lowest video config i got more then 150 (dont remember exactly)

physics feel just perfect to me without the TC and ABS on
need to find the perfect FFB balance but it felts very good already in G27 with 75 Gain (100% in profiler)
engine sounds and graphics are nothing special but they are more then ok for me
i love the tires sounds ... specialy on braking without ABS

Very good job:thumbsup:

This is just awesome. Reminded me a lot of iRacing in the way the car felt. Hard to say accurately ofcourse since there is no Elise in iRacing but the general response of the car feels familiar. Graphically, AC is easily the best looking sim out there ever. The amount of detail is incredible. I don't know if it's better than the console sims (Forza 4 or GT5) but I think it could be better.

There are a few bugs I've found already though so I'll report those using the ingame bug reporter.

Figured out a method to removing the large AC logo on the bottom right. Go into AC's root folder \content\texture and replace the watermark.png file (though I've made a backup) and insert the watermark.png file that's attached to this post and BAM! no large AC logo. I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the FPS monitor though.

EDIT: I thought I should mention that the watermark file can be ANY png file you choose so you can add your own touch to AC's GUI if you wanted to do that.

Attachments

• watermark.png
    watermark.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 396
bow_down_before_you-960.gif

Kunos Simulazioni, you have done it. This is like no other. The feeling I got driving this game, was something unbelievable. The superb FFB, physics, graphics, beautiful UI, performance, everything is top notch, you guys have done a fantastic job.

Coming down the main straight hard on braking, you feel the car dancing under brakes, you feel the turn in and scrub of tires, the way you can easily and controllably powerslide...my god everything is outstanding I could go on forever.

The sound of the car needs improving, but the sound effects of everything else is superb. Now while the sound of the car isn't that great, after you have done a few laps only to realize you have been smiling all along, you kind of forget about the sound and enjoy the beauty of what is driving. Amazing. Well Done.

I absolutely love it!! There was so many things that had me ear to ear. Tires sounds are awesome, really, the FFB was preetty good, and physics are incredible. Ran great on an i3570k, evga 660ti superclocked, 8gb RAM. The interface in game is just out of this world, it's so easy and usable.
There was a few effects in the FFB which didn't seem to come into play with the car's movement, but very minor. Still quite good.
Awesome job Kunos, this is definitely my new sim of choice.

Edit: I just have to post again. I was playing some Zeppelin and watching some replays in 4x slow motion. I made it a point to have some good sunset drifts while i just watched and listened to music. This seriously just revolutionized racing on a computer. I kept thinking to myself, "I HAVE to be watching a movie". Last corner before the long back straight, with the static camera 8, had a slide that ended up going back and forth, unable to stabilize the car, and it just looked so freaking incredible watching this little car fight down the sunset path for speed. A true breakthrough in that experience. Wonderful job!!

Holy Crap! This is good..

I wasn't going to bother with the Tech preview because I didn't want to be disappointed. But given the glowing feedback here, I decided to give it a shot.

Downloaded, installed, triple monitor setup.. in mere minutes. Looking, sounding, feeling.. Great!

Cannot Wait until I can share some asphalt with some of you guys again!

I just loaded ACTP and drove a few laps.
I like it very much overall.
The car's handling is as it should be.
It is also the very first simulation I've driven which (by default) addresses the driver's ability to go through a corner at low speed without 'fighting' to retain control of the car. That's always been a point of frustration for me as a simracer...(race cars on hot or even cold slicks simply DO NOT 'swap' the back end at 40, 50 or even 60 mph. Thank you Kunos for finally getting this right.
It looks really good maxed, has a good-looking easy to navigate menu system. The framerate is very good.. I love the way the car responds...with it's ability to catch slides as is done in the real world.
The weight transfer is very nice as well..
I only found one thing I didn't much care for. It was the exaggerated body roll relative to the horizon as seen from the cockpit. The frequency seems wrong and a bit high. It's as if the windshield has rotated around the driver axis.
Still that's why the preview is released...to address these things.

As much as the Tech Preview only is... a preview, I believe it already proves them right to be an independent software company.
Gather clever people together, give each of them the freedom to do what he is good at, and you are on track to deliver a product of an unmatched quality.

Congratulations to Kunos! I wish your business model is sustainable because I just dream about a continuous flow of new content in AC for the years to come and I would be more than glad to pay for the hard work ;)

I haven't had a chance to try the TP yet, but even before I do, I can't say how chuffed I am for Stefano, Aris and the rest of the crew. The feedback has beeen so overwhelmingly positive, even from names on the net that I've never seen say anything nice about anything, that it must be an amazing feeling for them, even with the exhaustion kicking in! The level of interaction with us here as well has really made it feel as if we were along for the ride too, and I'm really happy for them on a personal level. A lesson in what talent, dedication, hard work and the ability to ' take the leap' can achieve. Top job guys.

The tech preview is only a taste of AC yet you can feel the passion and hard work that has gone into it.....for me it has already lived up to every bit of the hype and we haven't even begun to get the good stuff yet...My wife drove a few laps (very slow and with aids on, just like if she got in that car at the track and just wanted to drive around) and made lap after lap; she has never touched my wheel before and isn't that great of a driver in real life. Just the fact that she was able to make laps and drive just like she would a real car speaks volumes about just how good this is. Major kudos to Kunos, I really don't know what else to say.

I'm going to be honest, it is great but it's not drastically better than rfactor 2 or Ircaing. I think it's got great graphics (like Iracing) and I absolutely love the way you can drag on info e.g. delta times (like fuzzy felt).However, I don't feel the connection with the road that I do in rfactor 2. Its nice and smooth like in Iracing but in Rfactor 2 I feel every bump. I appreciate that this is a TP and not the finished article.THe force feedvack is good for me in all of those games - perhaps AC edges that.

I think Iracing vs rfactor2 vs AC can only be good for us in 2013 and I'm guessing that serious sim racers will buy at least 2 of those. Personally I will be playing AC and RFactor 2 as I don't like the subscription element of Iracing and AC offers a nicer alternative.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%