Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

thanks for the info guys. I am using the sequential shifter on my DFGT so that makes sense. Hopefully in the next couple months I can get a cockpit and a Thrustmaster shifter...thought I was losing my mind when I heard people talking about grinding gears and i couldn't...back to making laps for me!!!!!!!!

The track lacks some atmosphere, it's like driving around after a zombie apocalypse. Hopefully by the time the demo is rolled out this will be addressed. I've seen a few people with sli issues and with motion blurr so hopefully Kunos will pick that up.

But the main strengths of the tech preview is the excellent handling and ffb. totally nailed it for me. I did increase the ffb on my g27 from the suggested settings but it's now spot on!

Graphics are good but can be better but these can be tweaked and refined.

Very impressed with this. It has the elusive "hop in the car and drive as if it were real" feeling, as opposed to "when is the car going to be lowered so that tyres touch the ground" feeling. Sounds are the weakest point, hopefully its only boring audio samples instead of something in the code.

This is a treat on triple screens. Turning off HDR and using medium shadows brings average FPS average to around 80. With everything maxed, average around 60. With further optimizing of the final product, this graphics engine should really shine. Of course it remains to be seen how adding 30 cars to the mix will affect things.

This is the first sim that has got me excited since joining iRacing almost five years ago.

First impressions are very good! The car feels right, FFB feels right, graphics are good. Only concern is input lag, it's not huge, but noticable. Would be perfect if Kunos god rid of it.

The same feelings here. Really good first impression on many areas, even menu style looks great, but I have also noticable input lag which stops me a little bit with use a full potential of the car.

What's cube?

Geeky time: Cube map is a 6-square texture that wraps around the cube, practically, a texture that can cover the whole view field. So it is most commonly used for skies and reflections.

For real-time reflections, the whole space around a certain point is rendered onto the cube map, at each frame (depends on setting) and then used on reflective material's shaders to give a feeling that things are being reflected. In AC specifically, there is only one real time cube rendered from the camera position and used on all reflective shaders (for performance). Cube map reflections are not ray-correct, but are cheap and give a great effect.

In short: "Cube" is all the reflected things you see on the reflective material (eg. car body)

Here the difference between low and high quality cubemap reflection (look at fps and you'll know where is high or low setting)

The difference is in the cube map resolution, you can see that object edges are jagged in low quality. It's not obviouse on smooth car bodies, but if you have concave surfaces the cube would be shown blown up so you would see the poor quality.. IMO I'd use high only for making videos... To expensive to be used every day.

The same feelings here. Really good first impression on many areas, even menu style looks great, but I have also noticable input lag which stops me a little bit with use a full potential of the car.

to me it looks like the visual input lag depends a lot on the graphic settings and how it runs on your pc. I tried many settings until I found a good one for my system but when you find a setting which suits you, you don't want to stop driving.... :D

I've been testing the Asseto Corsa Tech Preview on two different i7 setups one using a Nvidia GTX 680 and the other using a AMD 7970. The Nvidia based setup is using the latest 314.07 drivers and the AMD 7970 is using the 13.2 beta 6 drivers, both are running on fresh installs of Windows 8 Pro 64.

Much to my amazement Asseto Corsa is preforming better on the AMD based setup than it is on the Nvidia GTX 680 based machine. Other than the DirectX 11 releases from Code Master (Dirt3, F1 2011,2012) and iRacing the AMD 7970 has always taken a back seat to the GTX 680 with every other racing sim I run.

Damn. Thank you Kunos. I downloaded, installed, and had up and running on three monitors with 80 fps and no problems. Sucks to hear the issues others are having. I have been doing lap after lap after lap and I know I should be practicing for the iracing daytona 500 tonight, but I cant stop driving this damn lotus. The ffb is perfect with my csr elite.

One question, how do I turn off the auto shifting and the guide line around the track? Thanks for help in advance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back