Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

Framerates is a bit ankward at the moment, maxed out I do 35-40 FPS with this:

ASUS P8H61M
Intel Core i5 3470 4x3.6GHz
Turbo 2x4Go DDR3-1600 Kingston
GeForce GTX 660Ti 2Go
At 1920x1080

Also, I find the fastest way to go around lower speed corner is to kinda throw the car in there and let it scrub down the speed, bite again and back on power, feels a bit "excessive" !

Otherwise it's pretty good, will play some more after my day of sleep, lol

Tip: don't run your first laps with all settings maxed out. Start from bottom to top and to find the balance between fps and graphics.

You'll see that even on lower settings the game still looks very good. :thumbsup:

If SLI 670's have problems running this then I'm worried. It's definitely a bug mate. Anyway I'll be doing more tests and capturing screen shots with fps for each custom setting and submitting it to Kunos.

Does anyone know how to use NV Inspector to get a 2nd gpu running with this game?

Downloaded, here goes nothing... Dual Core 6000+, ATI HD 4670 :cry:
Lowered all the details, 1280x720, and I'm getting 70FPS average :eek:
Not only can I play it, I can actually turn some of the graphics options on :D

Not a good simracer, so can't comment much on the physics, apart from saying that I am enjoying it :)
The UI was pretty slick, as was the controller setup procedure.

Also, very pleasantly surprised with how it's running in general. I can Alt+tab without issues or any slowdowns. Rare for me, with my poor computer quoted above :)

Looking forward to seeing it on Steam :thumbsup:

Isn't that more of a problem with Thrustmaster's horrible programming?
TM in every other game has been absolutely perfect.

Got some settings now that introduced the automatic movement of the wheel when oversteering.
But still a little too springy but that can be fixed.

Very close now to getting was i assume everyone else feels. Took a second of instantly and there´s plenty more with better settings.

Ffb feels very very good here. G25 100-0-0. On oversteer it works fine!

150fps 1 screen 1080p with i5 3570k+gtx 660 ti, 8gb ram, aa 4x, aniso 8x, no hdr, no motion blur, high shadows, low reflection.

How to change the fov? The setting on the .ini doesn't work.
Also, how I can cap the fps? Nvidia inspector doesn't work with acs.exe
How to set the refresh rate? Only on the ini?

Btw with 150fps@120hz there is a very little noticeable lag on virtual wheel, it is slightly worse with vsync (120fps@120hz).

Very good work guys, compliments! ;)

FFB makes it completely unplayable imo.

to explain the feeling it´s like running except you have a harness and someone is trying to slow you down.

Really sorry to hear mate, with G25 FBB is top notch...

You don't have the "invert" option ON by any chance???

invert.JPG
settings.JPG

Getting 60fps on my humble PC (GT-545) at high detail so I'm happy and positive about the full game. I'm not good with drifty cars and rwd but feel pretty good. Driving on Pro setting the back end is a little too lose IMO but I expect playing with the setups will sort that out.

DFGP set up fine once I figured out how to invert the axes (FFB seems a little boring on straights compared to how much I see the car bumping around, but that's just relative to how everything feels right in corners). With a NVidia 460GTX, AMD X6 1035T @ 2.8GHz, I can get 60fps on medium settings @ 1920x1200.

The main menu though, only giving me around 2 fps. Some of the sub menus same problem, others fine - I am gonna try good old "turn the computer off and on again" later and see if that improves with nothing else running.

I set the assists to 'racer', which includes traction control, will have to play with that setting to find something more comfortable cause at 50% it's forcing a lot of understeer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back