Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

A new version of the popular Assetto Corsa Tech Preview has been released by Kunos Simulazioni bringing the PC simulation up-to-date with version 0.99 which can be downloaded from the game website. This version includes one car, one track, various difficulty levels and two game-play modes: free practice and time attack.

Besides the improved gameplay the development team added 18 news official car skins for the Lotus Elise SC and support for pretty much all available controllers....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
To be sure everything works correctly I'd always go for a clean install. You can however also try to overwrite the files.

If you go for a full re-install make sure you always first backup your \documents\assetto corsa\lic folder and place it back after installation.

Saves you another license request :)

Has anyone noticed that the game needs to be installed in the C drive else it won't work? It happened to me the first time as I install all my games in my D drive. With the second release, I installed it again in the D drive and again it didn't work, so I just moved the installation to the C drive and started just fine.

When installed in another drive, once started it shows a white page with the drive files on it. The files look like links, but they are not.

Has anyone noticed that the game needs to be installed in the C drive else it won't work? It happened to me the first time as I install all my games in my D drive. With the second release, I installed it again in the D drive and again it didn't work, so I just moved the installation to the C drive and started just fine.

When installed in another drive, once started it shows a white page with the drive files on it. The files look like links, but they are not.
I didnt grab this version yet but I have 0.98 on my PC in D drive no problem. I just tried to test and it's fine.
Did you maybe install very first version in C and it left settings files in your docs folder perhaps? This version is the 3rd one now.

I didnt grab this version yet but I have 0.98 on my PC in D drive no problem. I just tried to test and it's fine.
Did you maybe install very first version in C and it left settings files in your docs folder perhaps? This version is the 3rd one now.
Thanks for the replay. I installed my version first in my D drive and it didn't work. Since that happened once before with another game, I tried the default location and it worked. With the second one they issued, I tried again, this time making sure to restart after installation (which the first time I didn't do because I didn't see the prompt) and yet I had the same issue.
At this point, I am not sure what can be causing it, but as far as I am concerned, C drive is where it goes. It's the only game there anyway since I have an SSD I try to install all my apps on D.

Finally peeling myself away after a 100+ laps....By disabling crossfire I am able to run HDR and driver head locked to horizon unchecked and get 70+ frames smooth almost to the point of silky smooth. Don't know if anything was tinkered with on the tire model but it somehow seems even more responsive and just overall all somehow better. (could be placebo effect, who knows)
The waiting gets even harder now, this sim is genius.

@ Michael i think the responsive feeling has a lot to do with the frame rates .. So far AC is looking like a true gem. Again i cant wait to test more ..

Going to be a good year for us Sim lovers. Lots of interesting stuff just around the corner!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back