1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

Continue reading the Original Blog Post
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Do we uninstall the last preview and then install this one?
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

To be sure everything works correctly I'd always go for a clean install. You can however also try to overwrite the files.

If you go for a full re-install make sure you always first backup your \documents\assetto corsa\lic folder and place it back after installation.

Saves you another license request :)
  4. Yep, that`s how we do it. Your settings in C:\username\Documents\ACTechPreview won`t be affected. Just uninstall as you would normally under windows.
  5. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Tx guys Got it :)
  6. Nice going to give it a go.
  7. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Has anyone noticed that the game needs to be installed in the C drive else it won't work? It happened to me the first time as I install all my games in my D drive. With the second release, I installed it again in the D drive and again it didn't work, so I just moved the installation to the C drive and started just fine.

When installed in another drive, once started it shows a white page with the drive files on it. The files look like links, but they are not.
  8. Still getting the same amount of spikes and now some micro-stuttering also....this game hates crossfire it seems
  9. museumsteve

Premium Member

I didnt grab this version yet but I have 0.98 on my PC in D drive no problem. I just tried to test and it's fine.
    Did you maybe install very first version in C and it left settings files in your docs folder perhaps? This version is the 3rd one now.
  10. And I thought I was going to bed early tonight... no chances...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Thanks for the replay. I installed my version first in my D drive and it didn't work. Since that happened once before with another game, I tried the default location and it worked. With the second one they issued, I tried again, this time making sure to restart after installation (which the first time I didn't do because I didn't see the prompt) and yet I had the same issue.
    At this point, I am not sure what can be causing it, but as far as I am concerned, C drive is where it goes. It's the only game there anyway since I have an SSD I try to install all my apps on D.
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Mine is a sat on my F drive outside of windows. it works fine on my machine.:)
  13. Mine is installed on drive K:, no problems at all....
  14. Runs a lot better on my AMD 955 and 6870 ..

Getting hardly any spikes atm.
    Used to get a lot with the previous build especially while watching replay cameras 6, 7 and 8.
    Now its silky smooth :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I am REALLY eager to see how this engine will handle with more cars on track ..
    Test the collision detection etc. Atm its allmost to good to be true.

Whats the catch? .. there must be a catch!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Same here! On my 5850 it's now even better than 096. Just perfect. :thumbsup:
  17. Finally peeling myself away after a 100+ laps....By disabling crossfire I am able to run HDR and driver head locked to horizon unchecked and get 70+ frames smooth almost to the point of silky smooth. Don't know if anything was tinkered with on the tire model but it somehow seems even more responsive and just overall all somehow better. (could be placebo effect, who knows)
    The waiting gets even harder now, this sim is genius.

18. Well, as a number 0.9.9 is extremely close to 1.0...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I believe only 3-4 weeks are separeting us from a final release.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. @ Michael i think the responsive feeling has a lot to do with the frame rates .. So far AC is looking like a true gem. Again i cant wait to test more ..

Going to be a good year for us Sim lovers. Lots of interesting stuff just around the corner!