Assetto Corsa System Requirements

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Has Kunos already revealed some information about the system requirements for AC? I think my current PC setup is still good to go for most upcoming sims but I do worry about my video card performance seeing the graphics of this game :)

What shoud be the recommended minimum?

You mean another 4870?.....u can't XF 2 diff cards and if they have diff ram, it'll default to the lower value{512mb}.

How much would a 6850 I gig cost you...?

Yes & no David:).

I can Crossfire my 4870 with the 4890 and yes it would only use 512mb of the ram on the 4890. That would give me total useable ram of 1028mb.

But a 4890 CF with a 4870 is faster than 2 XFired 4870's. This wasn't originally the case, but since the more recent drivers it has been possible. The GPU will not clock down to the 4870 speed, but the memory will.

The thing is I can get a 4890 quite a bit cheaper on eBay than a 4870 and I'm on a very tight budget at the moment!!

I was under the impression one could not simply double their ram even though they have an extra card?

I thought it only used one cards ram. If that´s not true then i have some settings to turn up in iRacing.
Yes you're right!! I looked that up and didn't realise this:(.

Pretty pointless then. I'll just have to wait until I can afford a better card which will be a long time!!

Thank you for pointing this out to me. It was too good to be true as a 4890 can be had for around £40 2nd hand:cautious:.

Yes you're right!! I looked that up and didn't realise this:(.

Pretty pointless then. I'll just have to wait until I can afford a better card which will be a long time!!

Thank you for pointing this out to me. It was too good to be true as a 4890 can be had for around £40 2nd hand:cautious:.
I would aim for a 3gb card, should be plenty of cream in one of those.

Unfortunately i only have 1500 in my GTX580´s, should have waited as soon after a 3gig card was released.

I was under the impression one could not simply double their ram even though they have an extra card?

I thought it only used one cards ram. If that´s not true then i have some settings to turn up in iRacing.

Not sure with Xfire but that's the deal with SLI, although it will use some of the RAM in the second card but only as a framebuffer for any outputs connected directly to it.

The thing is I can get a 4890 quite a bit cheaper on eBay than a 4870 and I'm on a very tight budget at the moment!!

I'm thinking a 7850 2 gig's gotta be close to the performance of a 4890XF, but 48xx have no DX11.
Me, I have a 6850 and it's serving me well, I run everything on 1080p, not always fully maxed, but things look good, but I want to bypass this gen, I really want something as fast as 7970XF as a single card.

I also have a HDTV tuner and sound card in my PC, so XF could be tricky, plus I'm not convinced microstutter is non existant.

The 7950 would be the better card in the long run as it's pretty future proof. If the 7 series of AMD are anything like the last generation aswell, it should unlock to a 7970 with some software. Either way i would recommend a single fast card over 2 cards in x-fire or SLI.

I recently bought another GTX570 for SLI after reading the scaling is better nowadays but for me at least there is still too many problems with SLI, way too much stuttering in games. I have since gone back to the single card and have no stuttering, gonna sell the other card to a mate and sell mine and buy a 680 if i can. I have tried both that and x-fire before with a 4870X2 and few years back had the 295GTX. When two cards works it is brilliant but seriously take a single fast card everytime if you can.

The 2nd hand market you will pick up some great deals. You can pick up the older gen 6 series now for buttons. Philip if you are UK based i can PM you some sites where you will get a bargain 2nd hand.

Thank you Lee that would be gr8:).
Ok mate i will PM you. Do you have a budget in mind as i'm always looking for stuff myself so can also keep- an eye for you at the same time. £150 is a good budget and will get you one of the top last gen cards which will be more than enough for stuff like AC

I'm just looking at a 6950 now that sold a couple of days back which had the unlocked 6970 shaders and that went for £130, so as you see, you can get a nice card for buttons and will get better performance than you would with your card and another

If you're still on XP you owe it to yourself to upgrade to win7 ASAP. Buying a OEM license (which can now be done whenever you want, not only when you buy hardware, and will last you as long as your motherboard) is pretty inexpensive and one of the cheapest upgrades you can do to your computer (bar getting more RAM if you've less than 4GB). I've bought 2 win7 licenses due to upgrades of my hardware so far and I regret none, it's a awesome OS!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back