Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
I really struggled in that car last night. Did about 30 laps and only a handful were without incident. I generally rely on engine breaking and actual braking, but with this car it's near impossible to use engine breaking very much.
Managed a 2:54.0xx though. Can this car go any faster? 258km/h was about my max.

I am struggling big time trying to drive this boat. It's ok in a straight line but that's about it.
Try turning a corner...back end goes. Touch the brakes....back end goes.
It's a very tough car to drive fast through the corners. As long as you do the braking and downshifts in a straight line it keeps the car relatively settled and then you can think about turning into the corner. Use the brake to aid turning and to save the spins too. It's a very twitchy car but fun all the same.

It's a very tough car to drive fast through the corners. As long as you do the braking and downshifts in a straight line it keeps the car relatively settled and then you can think about turning into the corner. Use the brake to aid turning and to save the spins too. It's a very twitchy car but fun all the same.
Cheers for those wise words peter, i'll try those techniques tonight, also..... i cannot find where to adjust my wheel settings? I go into options - controls & all i see is button mapping. can anyone enlighten me?

Working from home this morning and just had a little tea/Assetto break :whistling:. Managed to get a decent rythm in the half a dozen laps with a best of 2:51.186. Aiming for sub 2:50 sometime today lol

Wheel settings are definitely under the Options menu... If you've found button mapping it should be a menu from there I think.. I've left my game paused ready for another couple of laps so will look as soon as I get back to the front menu. There are not a great dea of adjustments tbh, mainly FFBand DoR mainly but i''ll get back to you.

Working from home this morning and just had a little tea/Assetto break :whistling:. Managed to get a decent rythm in the half a dozen laps with a best of 2:51.186. Aiming for sub 2:50 sometime today lol

Wheel settings are definitely under the Options menu... If you've found button mapping it should be a menu from there I think.. I've left my game paused ready for another couple of laps so will look as soon as I get back to the front menu. There are not a great dea of adjustments tbh, mainly FFBand DoR mainly but i''ll get back to you.
Yeah i remember adjusting wheel settings last week when we raced online but i could not find them at all last night, my steering just feels really loose at the mo & the car rocks back & forth even in a straight line, probably need to increase the deadzone & linearity

After another little work break for a few more laps ;) I got myself into the sub 2:50's with a 2:49.834. Happy enough with that for a short session improvement.

One other thing to think about with these cars is braking and shifting down at the same time can really unsettle the car so try doing it in sequence... brake, lift, downshift, brake, lift, downshift, turn. It feels a bit alien initially but you soon get used to it and it helps with the cars stability on the approach to the corners so you can then concentrate on the line with the car nice and settled raher than fighting it's attitude.

Here's the lap for anyone interested:-

Just checked and you just have to go to the Advanced tab and that gives you the FFB settings but there are no other wheel settings that I am aware of other than the button mapping where you can go for one of two presets.
I have seen the "advanced " section where you can change FFB etc but i could of sworn i saw something that lets you adjust wheel settings last weekend when we all raced online.

There's no spider in my options ;). I need to check this out as I didn't spot it earlier and have just been running with my wheel at whatever the default is.. maybe I'm missing out on something that can improve my times:thumbsup:

Wow. Really impressed at that time Peter. Sub 1:50 is quite a chore. And don't worry Will, we are all going to struggle, except apparently Peter. :whistling::laugh:

He's right though, from what I know. You have to do either or when you brake (downshift or brake) and you should try messing with the brake balance to see if changing that helps. The setup I saw had it at 72% but I notched it down to 68% I think. Too much in the rear is disastrous. What really helps is to max. your tire pressure all the way. That gained me a few mile an hour on the straight.

Thanks for the diff advice Peter S. :thumbsup: I'll definitely try that. I'm going to get on tonight (just tested F1 setups vis-a-vis changing downforce only, so write anyone with questions about F1 2017) and see if I can improve that 1:56 or so. I have a long way to go to catch Peter. The Parabolica is now hard as hell. lol.

This will be a battle against the track, mostly, as a slight error will send you off into a blazing fireball. But remember, it was something very similar to this car (almost a clone, but tuned a bit different and w/o a monoquocqe chassis) that ran this very track the year before, so someone had to do what we are doing. Whole new level of respect.

Ran some public lobby lotus 25 got two people who were fast was a great race until we each started to tap walls.lol. had it three wide into banking. Could only get a 255.6 so im still way off .heel and braking is more dif with this car than expected. Fun none the less

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back