Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
True. I thought the F1 classics thing was a lock. If not, why not? We need to get a schedule and plan together soon if that's going to be the choice.

As for Assetto, no worries. Obviously, we don't want to run classics F1 if that's what you plan on doing with the Codies game. Keeping the format as we have it will work for now...unless and until we get a space in the Assetto aection or another site-wide event is offered/supported.
We've all been busy Rob. We've got next weeks race at Abu Dhabi then maybe two weeks before a potential start of anything else if we are running Assetto the week after AD so plenty of time to put it together.

Nothing new on the site wide stuff since I last spoke to you Rob. That's more long term and I don't expect anything anytime soon so as before no impact on anything here.

Gave up in the end was impossible to drive with the stuttering :(
I feel your pain Boothy:(I had a headache before the halfway point due tho the bad stuttering and feel dizzy as a dog on a roundabout right now:sick:. As much as I enjoy the game that problem kills it for me when it's as bad as that. I had to drive so carefully through the twisty sections, particulariy turns 6, 7, 8 and 9 leading to the Audi S.. I was able to power through the first two of those turns in practice but had to just take them so gingerly tonight which kept Neil and Eric close on my tail for the duration of that first stint :thumbsdown:.

Good job by everyone though. I somehow held the lead through the first dozen laps but it was all I could do to reach the flag after that and did consider parking it in the pits even though I was only a handful of seconds behind Neil and Eric. Good driving from them both who had a real ding-dong behind me In that first dozen laps.

I'm afraid that may be my lot here for this series unless the issue can be resolved.

Just need to go lie down in a darkened room for a while now lol

Last edited:
Good race guys just watched you twitch feed peter that was some bumper to bumper for twelve laps.off the start we were 4 wide for second i wussed out and backed off .lol I think I had a faster pit by just filling tank and not adjusting it.I had engine damage from downshifting to fast into turn one but they didn't fix that in pits for some reason..

Last edited:
Good race guys just watched you twitch feed peter that was some bumper to bumper for twelve laps.off the start we were 4 wide for second i wussed out and backed off .lol I think I had a faster pit by just filling tank and not adjusting it.I had engine damage from downshifting to fast into turn one but they didn't fix that in pits for some reason..
Yeah it was tense that's for sure, one mistake and you were both going to be past me in a flash lol I guessed that's what you had done when you shot off so quickly Eric, dropping the fuel down from that 110 to 70 litres takes too much time, they need to refine that side of the game and make those adjustments much better.

Did you select the option to repair the engine.. it's off by default, the same as the suspension and aero so unless you change it to yes they don't repair.

I've contacted Kunos about the problems myself and Boothy suffered to see if they have any advice to offer in that respect. It's a problem i've seen reported quite often but one of those strange one's that doesn't effect everyone despite the fact we are all on the same hardware.

Well i found both car & track really enjoyable to drive around, i was happy with my qualy lap of a 1.53 as i never had a chance this week to practice until sunday.
It all went tits up after turn 1, there was contact with another car & i got bumped off into the barrier. I had the stuttering really bad in the practice session but for qualy & the start of the race it was fine, but after about lap 7 it came back.
I wrecked my car by trying to grab a drink whilst still driving & ended up flying into the barrier killing my engine. The car wouldn't move & with all the stuttering & the thought of another 3min pit stop was enough for me to call it a day.

With my wheel issue in the practice session i didn't really get many laps in. Quali was meh. My wife came home in the middle of it and reminded me that we had a hockey game to go to at 6pm and wondered why the race wasn't over yet. I had forgotten about the hockey and told her we'd likely miss the first period as we hadn't even eaten yet (i had a roast in the crockpot for dinner). Best lap in the 1:52s i think (just) and a P5 start for me.

The race start was meh as well. Rob was in front of me i think in P3 and didn't get off the line as well as i did, but i had no where to go so just hung back a bit. Lost a couple spots before T1. Had a good view of Wills off then had to slam the brakes on in T4 to avoid the spinning Boothy. I just managed to make it around him without any damage. That put me to P5 and following Rob and Eric. Rob went a little wide in the Audi S entry and I got past him. By the end of lap one i was well behind the leader (6-7 seconds) and Eric was getting away from me. End of lap 4 Boothy came out of the pits just in front of me and it me almost a whole lap before i could get close enough to him. He pulled over nicely out of the chicane and let me by. When i pulled onto the straight i could barely see the leaders anymore and my lap times weren't really improving. I guess i should have done more setup work on the Hards.
Put a few decent laps in but then on Lap 9 I got distracted by Boothys parked car and went off at T4. Just managed to keep the car off the wall but lost position to Rob and almost took him out i think because i was sideways on the track trying to back up and get myself going again. Then i think i almost took Will out coming back on track. Sorry bout that guys.
Anyway i knew the pit stop was coming soon so just tried to catch back up to Rob and was thinking about pitting lap 12 to try and under cut him maybe, but he went into the pits on lap 12 so i stayed out. When i checked my fuel just out of the Audi S on the straight up to the chicane and I had 7 litres, which should have been plenty to make it for another lap and a bit but coming out of the final turn i ran out and didn't have enough coasting speed to make it to my pit box. Purhaps i should have done some lifting and coasting....? In my online practice i always had enough fuel to make it 13 laps with a couple litres to spare....Ah well, Game over with no fuel and stuck in the pit lane so i quit out. Made potatoes, ate roast beef and went to the hockey....only missed the first 2 minutes of the game instead of the whole first period :)

Only did 3 practice laps in the session last night as had some things I was doing but felt pretty good to get a mid 52. Qualifying was tough though with some very bad stuttering but I somehow managed to secure pole with a half second gap to Neil with a 1:51.383.

The start of the race was near perfect, got away well and had enough of a gap behind to not have to worry about anyone into the first corner. Some very close battling in the first stint with Neil and then Eric nipping at my heels but I had a good line through the final corner to enable me to open up enough of a gap to keep safely ahead but I had to brake early for turn 1, 6, 7 and 8 due ot the stuttering which allowed them to close right back up again. Neil pitted at the end of lap 12 while myself and Eric stayed out. He got by me into turn 8 on the in lap and we pitted together but he got away much quicker as a result of not adjusting the fuel level while I reduced mine to 70 litres. Came out just ahead of Neil as he barreled down the start finish straight and that's how it stayed for a lap or two more but then he got me at the same spot as Eric into that tight right-hander. I pushed hard to try to stay close enough to make a move but a slight misjudgement out of turn 3 saw me get squirelly and head for the inside wall but I just managed to keep it together and carry on but lost a few seconds which was enough for Neil to get away from me. With no one else anywhere on the radar behind me it was just a case of staying focused and dealing with those stutters as best I could. I could see the front two but just couldn't push enough to close up. Damn annoying having no clue about the gaps to those ahead or behind :rolleyes::geek:

Here's the race from my view.

Did they change the way the fuel works in the pitstop with the latest patch? Used to be you had to add the fuel from 0-whatever number you wanted. Is it now defualted to Full fuel load?
What is the tyre default now then? Still no change?
Still the same Karl, starts at zero and you have to go up to what you want. You can go to full fuel or zero fuel using the accellerator / brake though.. same for any of the settings in the garage so you can get to either end of the possible settings quickly. E.g.. I went straight up to 110 litres then dropped it down to 70 which is a bit quucker than going up to 70 from zero.

Still the same Karl, starts at zero and you have to go up to what you want. You can go to full fuel or zero fuel using the accellerator / brake though.. same for any of the settings in the garage so you can get to either end of the possible settings quickly. E.g.. I went straight up to 110 litres then dropped it down to 70 which is a bit quucker than going up to 70 from zero.
AH! I didn't realize that was an option.... Good to know.

Still seems strange that you can put 110litres in at the pit stop but when you go to the setup screen it only allows 70litres max for this car. Is it too much to ask for a little continuity? lol

Reactions: Rob

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years