Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to my original set up after some trials. Just couldn't keep control over it. Ended up with 80% Turbo and 9 Eng Limit.
The whole "server" thing with AC seems a bit weird considering that I can get 114mS from Miami to Rome, but all the drivers in a typical UK lobby (including myself) are running about 320mS on average. Seems to say that AC servers are pretty weak, and maybe they are pulling some sort of averaging trick to keep all the cars in a lobby about the same? I don't know.... Just really sort of blows the whole game this way. It has to be their servers, there is no other explanation.
Yesterday at the start of the race there was quite a bit of heavy lag and drops. Then it sort of settled down. And today, Micko reported that there was the same sort of thing where all the sudden his car just got slammed from sever lag. Micko and I were going to do a test today with just two of us in a lobby, but before we could get it going, the servers crashed, and then my internet crashed.
Not sure if we will ever get to do the 98T at BH, but I sure want to try at least.
I have a feeling that on 9/22/17 there will be such an influx of traffic that it might be nearly impossible to do anything in pC2. There's already a Day1 patch, but don't try to load it at the same time as the game load. Probably better to load game, hard re-set, load patch, hard re-set, then try game.

Good thing is I got the whole setup for a hundred bucks.my neighbor and the guy at work I got thr pc from are big gamers always up grading.so im quite happy with the hand me downs.lol. yea the steam thing is cool.seems to have frequent sales..still going to run on xbox with you guys but im now deciding which to get pcars 2 pc or Xbox..

Went back to my original set up after some trials. Just couldn't keep control over it. Ended up with 80% Turbo and 9 Eng Limit.
The whole "server" thing with AC seems a bit weird considering that I can get 114mS from Miami to Rome, but all the drivers in a typical UK lobby (including myself) are running about 320mS on average. Seems to say that AC servers are pretty weak, and maybe they are pulling some sort of averaging trick to keep all the cars in a lobby about the same? I don't know.... Just really sort of blows the whole game this way. It has to be their servers, there is no other explanation.
Yesterday at the start of the race there was quite a bit of heavy lag and drops. Then it sort of settled down. And today, Micko reported that there was the same sort of thing where all the sudden his car just got slammed from sever lag. Micko and I were going to do a test today with just two of us in a lobby, but before we could get it going, the servers crashed, and then my internet crashed.
Not sure if we will ever get to do the 98T at BH, but I sure want to try at least.
I have a feeling that on 9/22/17 there will be such an influx of traffic that it might be nearly impossible to do anything in pC2. There's already a Day1 patch, but don't try to load it at the same time as the game load. Probably better to load game, hard re-set, load patch, hard re-set, then try game.
There's always a day 1 patch but the second patch coming hopefully early Ocober is a big and very important one so look out for that one. Looking forward for some good feedback over the coming days :thumbsup:

That's a shame about the AC servers but no real surprise to me unfortunately. I hope it is more stable for us on Sunday..

The whole "server" thing with AC seems a bit weird considering that I can get 114mS from Miami to Rome, but all the drivers in a typical UK lobby (including myself) are running about 320mS on average. Seems to say that AC servers are pretty weak, and maybe they are pulling some sort of averaging trick to keep all the cars in a lobby about the same?

What's happening, IMO, is that we are seeing the ping to the server, not each other. I know the number seems very high, but 200+ on a server (which mitigates lag) is akin to a 100+ ping on a P2P network, like all the other games we play. So, as far as the numbers you see go, I'd not worry about them, because one a group is on the server...as long as they can maintain the server connection, then there should be no to little lag. And out experience bears this out. I'd not get obsessed with the numbers. Forza, for instance, in stable, and does not show ping rates. It's a vestige of the PC server system, which, in an ideal world, is why RD has "Europe" "American" and "Aussie" servers. But I don't think we need to focus on geography, if the game is stable, which it is, as far as I can tell.

I have a feeling that on 9/22/17 there will be such an influx of traffic that it might be nearly impossible to do anything in pC2. There's already a Day1 patch, but don't try to load it at the same time as the game load. Probably better to load game, hard re-set, load patch, hard re-set, the

Sadly, I hear they royally screwed up ovals too. Figures. Why IndyCar gave their license to a British company which knows squat about oval racing, is beyond me, but I guess they have no choice. In the future, I'm sure they will seek a dev that understands IndyCar and F1 are night and day, while F1 will quickly kill itself.

Good thing is I got the whole setup for a hundred bucks.my neighbor and the guy at work I got thr pc from are big gamers always up grading.so im quite happy with the hand me downs.lol. yea the steam thing is cool.seems to have frequent sales..still going to run on xbox with you guys but im now deciding which to get pcars 2 pc or Xbox..

Sorry to lose you, but the way the console devs are acting these days, I'll not be far behind.

What's happening, IMO, is that we are seeing the ping to the server, not each other. I know the number seems very high, but 200+ on a server (which mitigates lag) is akin to a 100+ ping on a P2P network, like all the other games we play. So, as far as the numbers you see go, I'd not worry about them, because one a group is on the server...as long as they can maintain the server connection, then there should be no to little lag. And out experience bears this out. I'd not get obsessed with the numbers. Forza, for instance, in stable, and does not show ping rates. It's a vestige of the PC server system, which, in an ideal world, is why RD has "Europe" "American" and "Aussie" servers. But I don't think we need to focus on geography, if the game is stable, which it is, as far as I can tell.
Ping is to the server as that's the thing that counts here. However, regardless of that Pete's report from his race is the concern here though Rob.. not just the numbers but the poor performance with bad lag. I think there were only about 10 in the race so it wasn't exactly overloaded but we do tend to only have 6-8 of us racing so maybe that will play to our advantage while this problem remains.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%