Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
With AC out of commission for now on the online front we should all have a bash at the latest Hotlap Challenge over at the Console Lounge of the AC forums:-

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/weekly-hotlap-45-oldtimer-gp.46844/#post-913337

The Challenge.
Car: Ferrari 312T
Track: Nordschleife

That's got to be a helluva lot of fun :thumbsup:.. who can take the highest placing amongst us. I haven't done any of these challenges for some time but this one is a must do.
Huh? Mine will not start.

Oh I thought you could do the same as me and run it offline? I can do that fine as it's online that is causing the issues it seems. Just go to your settings, network and select offline.
It's not getting played if I can't go online. I'm going to dig into career F1 and classics until you lot decide 2017 is playable. :laugh:

Well, regardless of the problems they have at Kunos the game is still massively fun whenever you get in any car and on any track. I have always adored the Lotus classic cars but oh boy does that Ferrari 312T comes very close to them. What a joy to drive and especially around the Green Hell lol.

If anyone fancies giving it a try, and I suggest you do if you enjoy a fun drive and tough challenge post your time on the Hot Lap Challenge thread... my opening gambit was a 7:18.285. Most guys are under 7 minutes so plenty of time to come off that but not a bad start.

Last edited:
Offially anounced a fixed, issue was with Xbox live. Even pC1 was screed last night. Should be good now. EDIT: Just got on for a race and servers are working, game is ok, saves are gone again, so keep your paper files again.

Last edited:
Offially anounced a fixed, issue was with Xbox live. Even pC1 was screed last night. Should be good now. EDIT: Just got on for a race and servers are working, game is ok, saves are gone again, so keep your paper files again.
That's good news I guess. Although I played every other game I had last weekend and it was fine. Did Microsoft admit they were to blame?

As with Rob I had no issues with anything else during this period. My pCars problem was a well established one that has been there since the start with that game. I think there is something underlying with Assetto that is just a bit fragile tbh. I have asked on the forums that an outline of what caused the problem be given but they have remained silent. I haven't seen them claim that XBL was the cause just that the problem is fixed.

As with Rob I had no issues with anything else during this period. My pCars problem was a well established one that has been there since the start with that game. I think there is something underlying with Assetto that is just a bit fragile tbh. I have asked on the forums that an outline of what caused the problem be given but they have remained silent. I haven't seen them claim that XBL was the cause just that the problem is fixed.
I guess we have to go race to race seeing how assetto is so unreliable.

I have get the feeling they support xbo last, and could care less about its users, but it is fantastic handling, as everyone seems to agree.

I guess we have to go race to race seeing how assetto is so unreliable.

I have get the feeling they support xbo last, and could care less about its users, but it is fantastic handling, as everyone seems to agree.
For whatever reason I think the Xbox seems to be more difficult for these developers to get a stable online experience for. You just have to look back to the online issues there were with pCars when that came out and for some time afterwards. Let's hope this is just a one off glitch and not something that will occur again but when they refuse to explain the cause it does worry me.

It worked well today at the Ferrari race on DSRL. No issues. They kept it simple with no changes from lobby race1 to race2, and no streaming, etc... There were a few articles about MS and the MS Live being out yesterday for a number of games, not just AC. pC1 was a disaster last night too. Just hope our race will go off ok. Oh yeah, NO saves again, at least on my side.

Reactions: Rob
For whatever reason I think the Xbox seems to be more difficult for these developers to get a stable online experience for. You just have to look back to the online issues there were with pCars when that came out and for some time afterwards. Let's hope this is just a one off glitch and not something that will occur again but when they refuse to explain the cause it does worry me.

And I think Microsoft is to blame for much of it, but not in the case of Assetto...at least on balance. Microsoft is all about forcing people to use their platform and making them connect to the net regardless of whether they want to. In that respect, it's a good argument for PS4 (plus lower fees for the privilege of playing on line) or PC.

In the short term, at least Assetto is better (it does not inspire confidence, though, however, I would not put it past Microsoft to sabotage a game like Assetto or PC2 because of Forza 7).

ASSETTO CORSA SERIES
Race Three: September 10; 4p EDT; 9p BST
Car - Lotus 98T
Lotus-98T-Renault_5.jpg

Track - Brands Hatch GP

Format: 30 minute practice; 20 minute qualifying; 35 Lap Race. Weather: Clear.
___NO Assists unless Factory installed on a given car___
Factory TC/ABS; Other Assists: Off; Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
; Stability Control: Off​

I don't really go along with the whole conspiracy thing in relation to all this but who really knows ;).

You don't have to connect to the internet to play games on Xbox, I have played plenty of times with all my games without internet before, especially during that spell when I had major internet problems. Of course it is better if you are connected but not something that is forced on you. This latest issue with Assetto is definitely an odd one and maybe it will prove to be XBL related in some way, there have been problems in the past but it isn't usually specific to one title and the fact that other games have been fine would indicate it was more to do with something in the game itself. Of course we may never know that for sure so it's kind of whistling in the dark when it comes to apportioning blame.

As for PS4.. it's actually no cheaper to sign up for their online service.. at least not here in the UK and the price for XBL has always seemed fairly reasonable to me at around 3 quid per month. My main reason for avoiding that platform though has always been that the community has tended to be younger and forums more full of angst plus racing games in general over the years have been less stable on that platform. Assetto having been the exception of course lol.

Xbox remains where i'll be staying for the foreseeable as much as anything for the simplicity.

Last edited:
The 'Ready to Racer' DLC is now available on Xbox (£6.39):-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/assetto-corsa-ready-to-race-dlc/c306mn953tws

Giving it to us first perhaps as a way to say thankyou for your patience ;)

Description
Our all new RTR DLC provides a great variety of models that mix technology, power, history and design from Italy, Germany, Great Britain and Japan, resulting in a package designed to meet all your wishes!
CARS INCLUDED *
Audi R8 LMS 2016 *
Audi R18 e-tron quattro *
Audi TT Cup 2016 *
Audi TT RS (VLN) *
Lotus 3-Eleven *
Maserati MC12 GT1 *
McLaren 570S *
McLaren P1 GTR *
Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo *
Toyota TS040 Hybrid

This is not just a game. This is real sim racing. In collaboration with the most prestigious car manufacturers, Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes with a focus on pure driving realism, with pin-point accuracy across every aspect of the game. All rendered to an obsessive level of detail, each with bespoke handling and performance modelling taken from manufacturer’s real-life data and telemetry.

Last edited:
One thing I just thought: Did not have any "saves" until the "reserved" space was previously added. Then the game started crashing recently, MS has a massive core services "Live" situation, it gets sorted out, and now AC works "without" saves again. Maybe when the save data fills up locally and then tries to update to the cloud it won't do it and crashes. I'm done worrying about it, just back to paper files and no saves.
Yesterday it would save in a current ongoing session, but not when going from current car to another car and back again. So, I had to be in the right car, and file loaded when I wanted to race in the OMP league race. This was a comment from McDuff: Had a bit of difficulty with the lobbies and xb1 parties tonight chaps. Could only host public server with password, otherwise it would change the car or just not create the lobby. Party chat kept dropping folks too and a couple of us got disconnected.
It's nearly there, but it's not perfect.

On another note, the Ferrari 458 GT2 has positive toe in the front. Any thoughts on that? Seems to work ok, but I don't understand it. I'm sure you guys know more about it, and I would like to be enlightened also.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back