Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, something off with Assetto. NO public lobbies and "error, could not create" when I tried to make a private lobby, which I could always do solo. I'm was afraid Kunos might be a little shaky on the servers.

Actually, I don't have the AC disc, but others on the AC Forum stated that they have the disc, and that it works IF you don't have the internet connected. As soon as they connect to web, the game stops. It's always been a server issue with AC, and now it's shown it's ugly head again. Really disappointing since we all were just getting to have some enjoying times with AC. Have not checked it today (FRI) but hoping for the best.
If I was a paranoid freak, I would say that FM7 sales are slow, and pC2 and AC are gaining ground, and MS is clamping down. Even if you look at MS "new releases coming up", you don't even see pC2 as an item. Maybe AC just can't pay their server bill. LOL MS status page (and xbox network page) said it was having Purchase and Content issues yesterday, but given the fact that AC works off-line but not on-line is very strange. I wish I had bought the disc now, but I'm already burned out on just hot lapping by myself. The AC leagues that are going on now are the real fun. Hope SUN will work out. Fingers crossed.

Actually, I don't have the AC disc, but others on the AC Forum stated that they have the disc, and that it works IF you don't have the internet connected. As soon as they connect to web, the game stops. It's always been a server issue with AC, and now it's shown it's ugly head again. Really disappointing since we all were just getting to have some enjoying times with AC. Have not checked it today (FRI) but hoping for the best.
If I was a paranoid freak, I would say that FM7 sales are slow, and pC2 and AC are gaining ground, and MS is clamping down. Even if you look at MS "new releases coming up", you don't even see pC2 as an item. Maybe AC just can't pay their server bill. LOL MS status page (and xbox network page) said it was having Purchase and Content issues yesterday, but given the fact that AC works off-line but not on-line is very strange. I wish I had bought the disc now, but I'm already burned out on just hot lapping by myself. The AC leagues that are going on now are the real fun. Hope SUN will work out. Fingers crossed.
I completely agree with everything you said.

It's a perfect car and track combo IMO. BUt you have to restrict the Engine power and turn he turbo down (below 80%), along with a 6-7 rear wing and -2 in the front, along with softer (and quali compound) tires (mine are15psi).

Oh, and yes...lobbies are back to full working order.

That's some great advice there! I'll try that on SAT. Today was good, did a 1:19.554, and it ended up using about 1.8Liters per lap. Changed up my FOV to 48 and that has really helped also. My TV is too far away, but I can't change it, so I need a low FOV to compensate.

Good to hear the game is back up and running. Hopefully I will be back in time to join you on track although the pace is bound to be lacking.

I tend to go stiffer on suspension for Brands as I like the responsiveness that gives. It will be interesting to find how the track compares to the pCars version.

Strange. Tried again just now and the game won't even open. Tired quitting, re-inserting the disk. Nada. All other games work fine.

Assetto seems possessed. That the game will not even open is perplexing. I've never seen that. I have the disk.

Good to hear the game is back up and running. Hopefully I will be back in time to join you on track although the pace is bound to be lacking.

I tend to go stiffer on suspension for Brands as I like the responsiveness that gives. It will be interesting to find how the track compares to the pCars version.
Yeah, I have one click up on the Front Springs, and BHGP is really nice, one of the best in AC I think, (when AC works, LOL)

Strange. Tried again just now and the game won't even open. Tired quitting, re-inserting the disk. Nada. All other games work fine.

Assetto seems possessed. That the game will not even open is perplexing. I've never seen that. I have the disk.
This is really weird and yet anther sign of the quirkiness of the game on console. I bet the forums are full of it. Not a good time for Assetto to screw up with so much new coming to console in the next month or so.

I just can't believe that after an update they don't actually send out the beta update to some users for pre-release checking. Sounds like the gaming industry needs some control standards to provide their customers with a satisfying product. Seems like all the game companies are just marketing anything and everything they can at will without regard as to how to satisfy customers, and retain them. Just get all the revenue you can at any cost to the consumer. Same thing happened when Win95 came out, patch on patch, on patch. Then MS got smart and started refining the programs before consumers stop buying their products. Just think about how many people bought AC, played it once, then threw it in the rubbish pile, never to be played again due to a bad first buy experience.
When I worked for SONY, we did extensive product trial runs so that when it hit the market it was free of major issues, and customers were satisfied, and were retained. I know I'm ranting off, but it really is out of control. I mean, it took two days for Kunos to even acknowledge this latest issue. And now it's the weekend and who knows if we'll get our race on.

I just can't believe that after an update they don't actually send out the beta update to some users for pre-release checking. Sounds like the gaming industry needs some control standards to provide their customers with a satisfying product. Seems like all the game companies are just marketing anything and everything they can at will without regard as to how to satisfy customers, and retain them. Just get all the revenue you can at any cost to the consumer. Same thing happened when Win95 came out, patch on patch, on patch. Then MS got smart and started refining the programs before consumers stop buying their products. Just think about how many people bought AC, played it once, then threw it in the rubbish pile, never to be played again due to a bad first buy experience.
When I worked for SONY, we did extensive product trial runs so that when it hit the market it was free of major issues, and customers were satisfied, and were retained. I know I'm ranting off, but it really is out of control. I mean, it took two days for Kunos to even acknowledge this latest issue. And now it's the weekend and who knows if we'll get our race on.

I agree, the console market is rife with sham artists and half-assed attempts. The tech world, in general, is pumping out substandard crap, particularly because they know all their intellectual information will be stolen by China in about a year, and partially because console gaming consumers are mostly driven by hype, tend to be younger (no attention span, or jump from trend to trend) and will mortgage their shoes to buy the latest cool game. In the case of Assetto, I think, at least partly, this was a money grab, pure and simple. They sold the company shortly after the release, so it has always smelled to me. In fact, this very circumstance (take the money and run, both on release and after the sale of a company who's price was inflated due to the console endeavor) was why I'm very skeptical about the servers being reliable. They are expensive to maintain and require on going rental. The game itself is on a precipice. Too bad, since it's the best handling model on the console, on pavement.

Very bad news indeed. As Peter had intimated a fix would seem very unlikely with the weekend now upon us :thumbsdown:. It seems various methods have worked to get the game running for people but not on a permanent basis.

With F1 races for 3 of the next 4 weeks that puts the series on an unfortunate delay just when it was getting some legs. Fingers crossed there is some overtime being put in and it gets resolved in the next 24 hours :unsure:.

One thing it seems to have highlighted is that this has been a bigger problem for those with the digital version. Never really thought about lack of internet being an issue there so is that a general problem with digital or is that specific to Assetto?

Very bad news indeed. As Peter had intimated a fix would seem very unlikely with the weekend now upon us :thumbsdown:. It seems various methods have worked to get the game running for people but not on a permanent basis.

With F1 races for 3 of the next 4 weeks that puts the series on an unfortunate delay just when it was getting some legs. Fingers crossed there is some overtime being put in and it gets resolved in the next 24 hours :unsure:.

One thing it seems to have highlighted is that this has been a bigger problem for those with the digital version. Never really thought about lack of internet being an issue there so is that a general problem with digital or is that specific to Assetto?
Assetto. I have a disk.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years