Assetto Corsa: Steam Pre-Order Price 40-45 Euro

RaceDepartment

Administrator
Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
Where else there are demos for DLC's? Or demos in general?

I think some of you are a little overboard with demands. And how would that work?

As I keep saying, this could be the next big thing in sim racing, a game that could last 3-5yrs, and yet some people are concerned with the reasonable price Kunos wants.
Btw, in Australia, the pre-orders for the next gen PS4 games are $118......so I'm very price sensitive, but not for great games with serious modding and longevity.

I think whoever is in doubt about the quality of the game: go to the doctor and get yourself checked. And how can you people really believe that 40-45 is too much?! Trust me: this is a full blown simulation and not even worth being called a game: I would seriously pay 200 bucks for it. Cause I can imagine the work and skill that is put into it!
If you seriously want to bitch about prices, please visit the appropriate forum: iRacing!

How are you qualifying "quality"?

Do you think casual gamers care about laser scanned tracks or licences? This is what AC have pushed so far.

Or do you think they care about career modes which we have no specifics about, online modes; achievements; Kunos' ability to support; how quickly games are patched, frequency of DLC etc etc

The Steam online community can be brutal if a game fails to deliver promises; If it is delayed; If it doesn't work or if patches aren't brought out fast enough. But then saying all that the game from what I've seen is not appealing to casual racers and the price maybe off-putting.

You have to just read about incidents with Sim City or DayZ to realize how demanding the Steam Casual community can be and those games were a mixture of established and hyped AAA titles. Furthermore, it led to DayZ being pulled from Steam for a short while and compensation offered to gamers who purchased Sim City.

Steam is nothing but a distribution method, so I do hope that there will be other ways to purchase AC without the fees Steam charge on top for having it distribution through them.

i found out when i got a new computer
steam forces you then to choose between the 2 accounts
so i had to close the account on my old computer

from there things worked smooth on my new i7 core

Clearly not true, sure you can´t transport games from accounts but you can use your account on any computer you like. Just need the code they send you to verify it´s actually you.

Majnu is also wrong about DayZ. Maybe you think about WarZ, a cheap knock-off that did not hold their promises.
The real DayZ is not released yet. And the one everyone´s been playing has been a mod for Arma 2.

It´s also not "just a distribution method" it´s way more then that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%