Assetto Corsa: Spa License and Pre-Order Info

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
Giving away one of the best tracks in the game that way... is not something I would not like to see.
It is one of the important tracks everyone should appreciate.
They are a business, not a charity.

And they're not a dictatorship either, thus not "forcing" anyone to preorder. I'm amazed how some "know-it-all" still complain when they get free stuff, it's ruining the pleasure I have to read good news on these forums.

Technically the game is not shipped yet, so they cannot really be considered as post production,they are on the edge. It's a conscious choice to use as DLC,but I can't find anything wrong with that,the original release will have many similar cars. In contrast with tracks,which will be very few.

All I want, right now, is pre-order.:)
Efforts like AC have to be encouraged any way we can, I hope it will be profitable for them so they can continue to provide us quality SIMs for a long time and be rewarded for their passion.
I also hope that unlike many other making available half baked software, AC will present a SIM that is pleasant to use from the get go.
Long live AC:D

Guys wake up....BUSINESS PEOPLE ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY....and nothing wrong with that as long as at the very minimum they're ethical about their products and services, but in the case of sim racing, there's literally only a handful of people who either know how or care about making their living by building PROPER RACING SIMS.

Remember, success will breed success here, so the more V1.0's that are sold the more high quality content via DLC, and if AC is successful enough, one would assume that another bigger and better game will ship in 3-5yrs, plus, Kunos will put all other sim developers under pressure to build high quality games with good car and track lists.

We should always want our favourite game developers to be successful, and we should judge DLC by it's quality, not by it's release date, especially as this type of DLC doesn't detract from the main game.

I encourage Reiza to plan for DLC as well, always aim for 20+ unique cars per sim IMO.

I always wonder the micro tiny group of simracers that always nags about money do that in real life as well? How do they walk through the supermarket for example?

Omg that pack of milk is E1.48!!!!!!! Then run to the store owner and debate for two hours about the pricing model of milk?

Somebody should make a nice parody movie about that, will go viral in no time :)

People that don't have money to buy the current racing games shouldn't have simracing as their hobby, and that is a fact!

And to be honest I really don't understand why people complain so much about what THE FEW simracing developers do with their games... I don't believe that they are so mad and crazy with their marketing/selling strategy as some says. If it was EA or Codemasters or any other big company on gaming industry that kind of strategy in the end, being fair or not for the customer, makes sense!

Bad advertising is not good for any new product specially when the product is done by such a small team (11 people) and that product is something that will make your hobby much better....

Sorry if I sound rude it was not my intention just my point of view.

so you assume everyone interested in racing games is a rich guy with a multi thousand euro rig?
Please just stop now, we know your opinion, and if that pricing model does not suit you, just don't buy the damn game.
I personnaly am a student and make no solid money atm, but will happily throw some bucks towards these guys in Italia, it seems like they're making an awesome game with all their passion and deserve to be rewarded for that.

I don't even understand the discussion... should they release all the new content for free over the next 5 years ??? or what?? If you don't want to pay for professional upgrades... then you need to stuck with the free mods... that may be sometimes as good as professional things.. but sometimes.. they are also very amateur like or bad...

I have another hobby for example.. or in my case it's even more then a hobby it's already a way of life or so.... music production... After buying the main DAW (the sequencer software (digital audio workstation)).. it's not over... there are alot of synths and effects and such stuff released as plugins... some are freeware some are made by a professional company which costs money... sometimes the freeware is as good as or maybe sometimes even better... but there are also some plugins where you can't get the same depth and quality in a plugin in a freeware like in the payware.. so sometimes if you want for example a good reverb or compressor... then you pay sometimes 250€ for a Reverb plugin for example... but if you want it then you are happy with it...

Or should they just release the game... you pay for it and that was it.. no upgrades/dlcs and so on... just the basic game... for the next 5 years till a new game comes out.. no new cars no new tracks...

because at somepoint the development of the basic game needs to be over.. otherwise it wouldn't be released ever.... so at some time... they need to release new stuff as DLC.. even if the work is already done before the release of the main game...

there are also other games.. which have as basic game.. just a few (I mean realy few compared to the whole package) cars and tracks.. and that was it ... every additional car and track needs to be bought...

I(ce)Racing for example.. before I finaly subscriped for it I thought myself omg thats an extreme expansive thing... and yes maybe it is quite expansive compared to other games.... but on the other hand... you don't buy all at one time... after 2 and 1/2 years in it now... it doesn't feel expansive at all... even if the numbers may look differend if you summing them all together... but it isn't ... it's not like there comes a track or car every week....

ofcourse in a game like GT5 or so... you get alot of cars and tracks for a very little price (compared to PC sims) .. but first.. they sell MILLIONS of copys ... so it works out at the end... thats not possible in the real or PC Sim Market... because they don't sell even somehow nearly that much... so they need to release pay DLCs...
and second.. the depth and quality and detail under the hood.. maybe not as indepth and high like in a pc sim

don't know how you would feel if you suddenly won't get paid for your work anylonger.. because they don't like that you get money for you work...

indeed.. I think you are paid way too much...they should cut your income... (would like to see your reaction to it)

or is the discusion about.. you get the spa pack for free for preordering... well just see it as a thanks for the trust of preordering the product

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%