Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg

Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:
Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
you need data, not contact with manufacturer .. as I understand lots of modders are getting data from racing teams ...
But... In order to get data you need contact first. Sure, some modders have contact with racing teams, and that's really nice, but my point is, I think it's much easier for KS to get what they need from most manufacturers.

contact with some racing team .. if you don`t wanna licence why would you bother with manufacturer that is probably not gonna give you data without licence ... sure lincence will open the doors for you but it doesn`t necessary mean you can`t do equaly good physics without licence
I'm not saying that you can't do good physics (as in: the car handles like you'd expect) without having a lot of data. Again my point is that you can get the physics more identical to the real car when you have data from the real car. And that's where ks has an advantage.

• Deleted member 130869

You have already paid for a community mod if you bought the japanese pack. I don't really mind to be honest. Remember KS do have access to a lot of physics data.

I didn't get the Japanese pack.

But... In order to get data you need contact first. Sure, some modders have contact with racing teams, and that's really nice, but I think it's much easier for KS to get what they need from most manufacturers.

You have no idea. Like David said, some modders do get data and have contacts, you'd be surprised. Sometimes modded content has more in-depth work than first-party contact. The only issue I had with the 787B was that it was too fast but the way these cars worked in real life was based on a varied choice of tracks and length of time, which the game doesn't support, so a Balance of Performance can overpower or underpower a car. That's concern 1. Now concern 2 with this possibility, is the Porsche 962C not/only having the Long Tail version. Remember the Sauber C9? We only have the understeering dog LM version.

But... In order to get data you need contact first. Sure, some modders have contact with racing teams, and that's really nice, but my point is, I think it's much easier for KS to get what they need from most manufacturers.

Just think about it, one of the things Kunos repeats more is the advantages of having the office in a race track. There you are in contact with engineers, not with the marketing guy of whatever brand.

Anyway my point was that modders can access to a lot of data too. Even from cars that are coming from the brand we are talking about in this thread :)

I got this from a very reliable source. Apparently, Stefano held a gun to Wolfgang Porsche's head and then Marco assured Wolfgang that either his signature or his brains would be on that contract...

...and the rest is history! We've got Porsche coming to AC! :cool:

Just think about it, one of the things Kunos repeats more is the advantages of having the office in a race track. There you are in contact with engineers, not with the marketing guy of whatever brand.

Anyway my point was that modders can access to a lot of data too. Even from cars that are coming from the brand we are talking about in this thread :)
Well I have to agree then ;).

I just hope it'll be one race car and one road car DLC, not both types in each of the two...
If I were running Kunos, I would mix them to better the chances of selling both packs. However, if they're both being released on the same day maybe they will keep street & race cars separate. We shall see.

Yeah depending on the vehicle they send a ton of stuff. One of my mates that was doing something with a btcc car got invited to drive the car, take measurement, record sounds etc. Not all of them are like that sadly

Great news, well done to Kunos. I would imagine once you sign up a few big manufacturers it helps signing others as well.

No rush on the 919, the URD version is great fun but group C's, maybe even classics like the 959 would be cool (nostalgic Test Drive Amiga moment!:D)

Yeah depending on the vehicle they send a ton of stuff. One of my mates that was doing something with a btcc car got invited to drive the car, take measurement, record sounds etc. Not all of them are like that sadly
yep .. sometimes it is just pure luck ... I gathered access to one racing team through one photography job (shooting girls, not cars) just by "accident" .. so if 911 sounds will reach only "AC standards" I might get some talented sounds modder to 911 Cup car :D ...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%