Assetto Corsa reaches version 1.3 with a new DLC

12096554_1239921319367517_1849109780227623333_n.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have updated their popular racing sim with 64-bit support and the Dream Pack 2 DLC.

The update weights almost 500MB on Steam and brings along a revised tyre model, visual and audio improvement, and new multiplayer features.

Dream Pack 2 includes the Circuit of Catalunya (2 layouts), 4 racing cars and 5 road cars.

Be sure to check out our Weekly Whip for your 1.3 racing needs, and come join us now on our Public Server to give the new GT3's a test run!

Here is the full changelog straight from the devs:
  • "64bit build
  • Car physics is now calculated in separate threads
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane
  • Added soft locks (use [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini)
  • Added support for DRS zones
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low res timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • acServer is now using Go 1.5, faster GC
  • Added server welcome message
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH)
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP
  • Fixed acServer not creating "results" folder automatically
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen
  • Added downshift protection to gearboxes
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency
  • Exposure settings are now persistent
  • Fixed audio clicks on surface events
  • Tyre flat spots are now taking into account tyre softness
  • Windscreens now receive shadows
  • ksEditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • ksEditor: added project menagement
  • ksEditor: added user personalizations
  • ksEditor: added floating windows and layout system
  • ksEditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader
  • ksEditor: added recent files/project management
  • ksEditor: added node filter in scene panel
  • ksEditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel
  • ksEditor: added scene icons and side function buttons
  • ksEditor: added texture detail on Material panel
  • ksEditor: added Texture Review windows in Utilities
  • ksEditor: fixed reload texture function
  • ksEditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, ect)
  • ksEditor: added FOV, Near Plane Slider, Mouse sensitivity, camera angle and position under Viewport
  • ksEditor: added Dashboard tab
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear
  • acServerManager: added welcome message
  • acServerManager: added qualify limit
  • acServerManager: added fixed setup management
  • acServerManager: fixed upload on ftp. Now cfg folder is not deleted.
  • Fixed driver textures on serveral cars
  • Fixed circuit outline on track selection UI
  • Camera Dev App now save F1 cameras' exposure and pitch, F6 cameras' exposure, fov and position and angle
  • Removed background from Performance Delta App
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging
  • Updated Tyres V5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, should give less understeer.
  • Zonda R and Ferrari 599XX and Formula Abarth now have V5 tyres.
  • Less lift off oversteer for Evora S on street tyres V5
  • GT3 and GT2 cars updated aero stalling for front splitter and diffuser
  • GT3 slight performance balancing
  • Mclaren MP4 GT3 tyre corrections
  • Fixed TC digital item showing 0 based index when multiple TC level are available
  • Now showing Cold and Hot pressure readings in setup status
  • Added "NA" for IMO temps reading when no set has been swapped out
  • Added support for track dynamic objects
  • It is now possible to join a server using admin passoword and be automatically granted admin rights
  • Joining a server with admin password will override the session "closed" status
  • Added "ban_id" admin command to ban a user and send straight to blacklist
  • Remote cars in multiplayer now generate skidmarks
  • Fixed EDL wrong calculation order"
Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

Last edited:
No need to change anything in the sim.
Just add some aids for gamepad input and leave everything else alone.

It's not just aids it's an inferior controller mechanically in terms of precision. Aid is one thing, cheat and compensation is another. That latter is needed to make the hand controller work. This is added in various ways in the game to try to make it believable and possible to compete between hand controller and wheel.

I really dont care much for being rammed, competed with by people online using hand controllers. It's ridiculous and not fair terms any way you turn it. You just need such different rules that you can never meet in a middle term. It's like putting an arcade crash bandicot car into a sim trying to meet in the middle, not physics wise but only grip wise.
At least it should be possible to regulate allowed controllers in the servers online.

Ya, and the H-pattern shift guys say it's unfair to compete with paddle shifters.
150€ wheel drivers complain about lack of feedback the 2000€ wheel drivers get.
28 FPS users complain about the smooth driving experience 120 FPS users have...

There is no leveled competitive ground in random MP anyways.
Leave alone those who intentionaly crash into others because it's fun to them.

Get into racing clubs, leagues and you will not have to struggle with any of it and you can leave the gamepad "cheats" in the game without even bothering.
There's a very good reason why people pay for iRacing or RD premium...

So because someone dont have paddles and have to use the h-shifter you should allow a completely unrealistic controller that forces completely different algorithms to even work? That doesnt make the slightest sense to me.

It's like saying just because someone has longer legs in running competition some other guys should be allowed to use a bike to compete against runners.

I'm not saying exclude all hand controller users. That would both be mean and stupid economically for the title. But at least you should be able to force controllers in a server if you want to. Who uses what should be easy to see and if you run a league it should be transparent and easy to see who is using what.

Ya, and the H-pattern shift guys say it's unfair to compete with paddle shifters.
150€ wheel drivers complain about lack of feedback the 2000€ wheel drivers get.
28 FPS users complain about the smooth driving experience 120 FPS users have...

There is no leveled competitive ground in random MP anyways.

Performance is nice, but then again I never had issues in the first place.
For a mediocre racer like myself I immediately notice how much easier the cars are to drive. Perhaps this is more realistic, perhaps it is not. I have no idea, but at least it makes me feel a more competent race driver. lol!
Seriously though, I get the same vibe from AC now that I've got from pCars and Forza while driving as far as car handling goes. And for a title that claims to be a pure sim I am not sure if that should be the case...

There's a huge difference if you use clutch + left hand steering while switching gears or if you can just move your fingers. There's no denying in that. Especially when it comes to Heel-Toeing doing it with 2 feet rather than 1 it's an intense advantage. (At least in the first ~100 hours - after mastering it i imagine having all 3 paddles at your feet to control the car gives you quite an edge)

I know the first time in Race07 my friend with keyboard (!!!) beat me because i simply couldn't control the car with the wheel and all aids turned off.
But that's public MP in a nutshell - mix in all kinds of input devices and skill levels and that's what you get.

But at least you should be able to force controllers in a server if you want to
100% agree with you on that.
Server admins should have full control over who's joining.
(That's also why i beg for some sort of safety rating in every racing sim)

Performance is nice, but then again I never had issues in the first place.
For a mediocre racer like myself I immediately notice how much easier the cars are to drive. Perhaps this is more realistic, perhaps it is not. I have no idea, but at least it makes me feel a more competent race driver. lol!
Seriously though, I get the same vibe from AC now that I've got from pCars and Forza while driving as far as car handling goes. And for a title that claims to be a pure sim I am not sure if that should be the case...

thousand % agree this has moulded itself into a simcade pcars forza rival. Shame.. but if they want the fame and popularity that what they need to do.

I've tried a quick race on my gamepad and I think it's even better now, I don't know why some users are reporting the opposite. No aids, same old gamepad settings. Runs better on x64 too, I believe.

My bad then for reporting my problems i though that is why forum exists . I did not report it after my first laps, but after a few month of doing laps almost everyday in AC and because that what v1.3 did to my driving experience.

And second for those that think pad drivers are a mess , think twice because some of us play so smooth that u will not even notice that we are not on wheel , even less wreck anyone so do not put us to the wall for your presumed ideas. (off course there are exception but so are for bad wheel drivers that wreck everyone :ninja: )

Peace ;)

Last edited:
I'm away at the mo amd won't get chance to purchase the pack till Sunday. Can anyone give me an idea about the rufs? Are they racing cars? Or road cars? Do they fit in to any particular class? Thx chaps.

Can anyone give me an idea about the rufs? Are they racing cars? Or road cars? Do they fit in to any particular class?
Seems to be in a class of its own. Lots of horse power, but a lot of understeer, H pattern shifting. Not my favorite car so far, but could be fun to master. For me it's a road car (trackday if you will). A very powerful one, though! Other than that, I think you'll enjoy that new DLC @Si!

Will try tonight after uninstalling previous version again last week as the jerky motion even when synced 60fps problem was still there. That problem (probably related to physics/render threading) has ruined my experience in AC since first beta. I even created a thread here on it.

If this new threadmodel and 64bit compile solves that jitter i will celebrate for ten days straight, knowing i can put all that frustration behind me and finally enjoy this title.

So i am hoping for the best. Gonna reinstall this evening and try it out.

Too much power, under steer and huge brake distances in the RWD (if not remembering bad)
I'm away at the mo amd won't get chance to purchase the pack till Sunday. Can anyone give me an idea about the rufs? Are they racing cars? Or road cars? Do they fit in to any particular class? Thx chaps.

My bad then for reporting my problems i though that is why forum exists . I did not report it after my first laps, but after a few month of doing laps almost everyday in AC and because that what v1.3 did to my driving experience.

And second for those that think pad drivers are a mess , think twice because some of us play so smooth that u will not even notice that we are not on wheel , even less wreck anyone so do not put us to the wall for your presumed ideas. (off course there are exception but so are for bad wheel drivers that wreck everyone :ninja: )

Peace ;)
Keep strong brother. I competed on keyboard for years in leagues and had as much fun as people driving on wheels. And as soon as I focused on consistency I noticed people took themselves out of races too much so at the end of the league I was running for P2 or P3 in the championship lol
And I was one of the drivers had had less incidents even on the race starts ;)

It's a high performance road car @Si Comes in AWD and RWD variants, however they do have some body kit differences. They both sound absolutely fantastic! In fact all the cars in DP2 sound bril.

It's a high performance road car @Si Comes in AWD and RWD variants, however they do have some body kit differences. They both sound absolutely fantastic! In fact all the cars in DP2 sound bril.

I fully agree if we talk about the external camera, but the internal sound of most cars in AC I find far too synthesized or electronic sounding.

Some big performance hits compared to previous build. "Heavier" than rF2 even with 15 less cars on track :confused:
Was going to unninstall anyway so it just helped to take the decision :speechless:

Heavier than RF2 ??? Are you really comparing Assetto corsa with RF2 graphics ?
Do you know that there are options to lower the graphics ? Assetto Corsa Runs Great on Lower settings on a laptop 850m with 60 fps locked . And even in Lower settings it looks way better than maxed out RF2 .
Unless if you have an 15 years old PC , then yes you can uninstall it .
Or you can use RF1 ,RF2, GSC these kind of games have a good FFB and runs great on Very old PCs .
Or you can just upgrade your PC and see how a proper sim must look like . Its 2015 not 2005, people want to get amazing graphics with 300 euro PC , that's not the case.

For me even Assetto Corsa looks out dated imagine how I feel about this RF2 graphics. Yeah Yeah I know it has good physics and ffb... and that's importand agree on that. But we have to look forward Simulating a Race its not only the feeling but how it looks and sounds to .

Heavier than RF2 ??? Are you really comparing Assetto corsa with RF2 graphics ?
Do you know that there are options to lower the graphics ? Assetto Corsa Runs Great on Lower settings on a laptop 850m with 60 fps locked . And even in Lower settings it looks way better than maxed out RF2 .
Unless if you have an 15 years old PC , then yes you can uninstall it .
Or you can use RF1 ,RF2, GSC these kind of games have a good FFB and runs great on Very old PCs .
Or you can just upgrade your PC and see how a proper sim must look like . Its 2015 not 2005, people want to get amazing graphics with 300 euro PC , that's not the case.

For me even Assetto Corsa looks out dated imagine how I feel about this RF2 graphics. Yeah Yeah I know it has good physics and ffb... and that's importand agree on that. But we have to look forward Simulating a Race its not only the feeling but how it looks and sounds to .
Calm down fanboy. It's just a game. And no, my PC is not 15 years old.
And yes, before this build it ran "smoother" than rF2 even with higher settings (not by a big margin). Now it's inverted, rF2 runs fine and with more cars on track just like before while AC is not doing well, but considering that one is a real simulator I won't miss AC that much. I'll give another chance to AC in 6 months or a year, just like I have been doing since the early access, they are just not there yet and seeing some quotes from Kunos I don't think they ever will, it's a matter of philosophy and they just don't have the right one :)
I believe they'll fix the performance issue anyway. Seems something wrong with the 64b thing. But anyway it's gone already. Nuff said.

Unplayable with gamepad? It's always a good sign. Another step toward realism....
Here is something I'd like to say people are wrong when they think like this. You can drive anything with a gamepad or even keyboard and that won't change the level of realism on the physics (something AC does not have anyway IMO). It's all up to the amount of digital imput support the developer will give you. Example, back in GTR2 my settings with a keyboard were:
Steering 15%
Throttle 18%
Brake 75%
Speed sensitive 40%
I could drive any car with TC and ABS off. Too hard to control? Do some gear management instead, use 3rd instead of 2nd gear in a corner and accelerate earlier, make them a bit shorter or longer ratio, etc.
It's just like True Crime is far worse on controls than GTA, didn't make it more "real" :p
Now being faster with this is a whole different history :D but there could be gamepad users beating your times and you just are not aware of that. Happens quite a lot.
I now have a wheel but I still always laugh when some leagues accept only people with a wheel. They are missing some good people ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back