Assetto Corsa reaches version 1.3 with a new DLC

12096554_1239921319367517_1849109780227623333_n.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have updated their popular racing sim with 64-bit support and the Dream Pack 2 DLC.

The update weights almost 500MB on Steam and brings along a revised tyre model, visual and audio improvement, and new multiplayer features.

Dream Pack 2 includes the Circuit of Catalunya (2 layouts), 4 racing cars and 5 road cars.

Be sure to check out our Weekly Whip for your 1.3 racing needs, and come join us now on our Public Server to give the new GT3's a test run!

Here is the full changelog straight from the devs:
  • "64bit build
  • Car physics is now calculated in separate threads
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane
  • Added soft locks (use [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini)
  • Added support for DRS zones
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low res timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • acServer is now using Go 1.5, faster GC
  • Added server welcome message
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH)
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP
  • Fixed acServer not creating "results" folder automatically
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen
  • Added downshift protection to gearboxes
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency
  • Exposure settings are now persistent
  • Fixed audio clicks on surface events
  • Tyre flat spots are now taking into account tyre softness
  • Windscreens now receive shadows
  • ksEditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • ksEditor: added project menagement
  • ksEditor: added user personalizations
  • ksEditor: added floating windows and layout system
  • ksEditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader
  • ksEditor: added recent files/project management
  • ksEditor: added node filter in scene panel
  • ksEditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel
  • ksEditor: added scene icons and side function buttons
  • ksEditor: added texture detail on Material panel
  • ksEditor: added Texture Review windows in Utilities
  • ksEditor: fixed reload texture function
  • ksEditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, ect)
  • ksEditor: added FOV, Near Plane Slider, Mouse sensitivity, camera angle and position under Viewport
  • ksEditor: added Dashboard tab
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear
  • acServerManager: added welcome message
  • acServerManager: added qualify limit
  • acServerManager: added fixed setup management
  • acServerManager: fixed upload on ftp. Now cfg folder is not deleted.
  • Fixed driver textures on serveral cars
  • Fixed circuit outline on track selection UI
  • Camera Dev App now save F1 cameras' exposure and pitch, F6 cameras' exposure, fov and position and angle
  • Removed background from Performance Delta App
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging
  • Updated Tyres V5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, should give less understeer.
  • Zonda R and Ferrari 599XX and Formula Abarth now have V5 tyres.
  • Less lift off oversteer for Evora S on street tyres V5
  • GT3 and GT2 cars updated aero stalling for front splitter and diffuser
  • GT3 slight performance balancing
  • Mclaren MP4 GT3 tyre corrections
  • Fixed TC digital item showing 0 based index when multiple TC level are available
  • Now showing Cold and Hot pressure readings in setup status
  • Added "NA" for IMO temps reading when no set has been swapped out
  • Added support for track dynamic objects
  • It is now possible to join a server using admin passoword and be automatically granted admin rights
  • Joining a server with admin password will override the session "closed" status
  • Added "ban_id" admin command to ban a user and send straight to blacklist
  • Remote cars in multiplayer now generate skidmarks
  • Fixed EDL wrong calculation order"
Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

Last edited:
I can shift fine, just try not to shift GT cars like they have F1 boxes. After the update I notice shifting to 2nd from 3rd you gotta keep the revs controlled otherwise the safety thingy stops you from exploding the box by dropping into gear at heavy rpm, i.e. it won't go into 2nd until the revs are safe... can see this being an real issue for all the left paddle molesters out there that spam it through downshifts. :p

Back on topic, game drives better than before as the general feel has been improved by a bunch so nothing much to be said there. Although I was expecting a bit more from the new sound recording technique hype but maybe I was expecting a bit too much... just that sector 3 have spoiled me when it comes to the noise department. Certainly an improvement but the M4 akrapovic especially just sounds a bit generic to me. Barcelona is done brilliantly, old layout ftw! Ford GT and the Miami Vice Mobile are an absolute joy to drive. The Huracan and R8 are brilliant, Huracan probably my favorite sounding thing in the pack so far. Haven't driven the Ruf and SCG yet, will get to them later so can't comment on those.

Performance neither increased or deceased for me, stays well at my 60 fps lock on triples, have to yet see it drop below 55 even with a full grid AI bunched together and smoking their tires at race starts... reflections still seem to be the major performance hog though, low seems to be the way to go just as it was the case before if you intend on racing with other beings, but if you like to play with yourself then ultra or low makes little to no difference.

Overall a very nice little pack and update combo, and cheap as usual. A well deserved +1 from me.

Last edited:
I reckon driving has been hugely improved, and it is interesting to do 2h+ endurance or open wheel races with the new tire model (once they get updated.). Driving does feel more natural, like kunos stated, more prdictable especially in slow speeds. Downshift protection may balance online racing a bit I feel. Under steer enhancement really compliment the new v5 model.

All in all color palette seems more vivid and better (64bit build side effect?)

So minor issues tho, I see that car skin color may affect the audience shirt's color in Barcelona track, I was thinking "people really like yellow,here" driving the new BMW with the fancy exhaust on it.
There is no door shut sound when getting in.

@asteroulis & @Conrad Miller , find it strange that u guys are happy that gamepad users not longer supported by the game, of course i want a proper wheel but not everyone can afford it and until then they(me) want to enjoy a game that i payed for and no where was it posted before paying that gamepad not supported or will not be in future .
:( bummer because i really was enjoying AC very much after update 1.2

Had 15 laps GT3 race at Silverstone tonight here on RD and it was great! I don't think any of us have met any real issues. I'm not accustomed right now to the downshift protection, but I think I'll get used to it sooner. Somehow I feel the downshift protection is a little bit over-protecitve that sometimes I swear I won't over-rev the engine but the car still refuses to change gear.

I'm having 2 major issues now:
1. Many apps are broken and I'm eagerly awaiting updates: Odometer, Mapdisplay, Spotter, etc. Haven't tested the ACTI telemetry tool yet but I assume it needs update too.
2. Still not a large number of US racers on RD compared to EU. C'mon guys!

@asteroulis & @Conrad Miller , find it strange that u guys are happy that gamepad users not longer supported by the game, of course i want a proper wheel but not everyone can afford it and until then they(me) want to enjoy a game that i payed for and no where was it posted before paying that gamepad not supported or will not be in future .
I think that was a joke... don't take it seriously or personally.
AC is coming to consoles now it is impossible that it is Kunos intention to drop controller support or make it worse than before, right?

:( update 1.3 made it unplayeble for gamepad , huge oversteer, tyres lock at every small brake, none of my previous apps for hud tyres etc work :(

Nothing has changed for me. It's even better now ( xbox 360 gamepad ) .

Try this :

STEER_THUMB=LEFT
STEER_GAMMA=2.2
STEER_FILTER=0.85
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0.28
STEER_DEADZONE=0.05
STEER_SPEED=1
RUMBLE_INTENSITY=0.65

Oh wow!

I think this 64-bit version has fixed a lot of stuff for me. The stuttering, that ruined the experience for me, is gone. Cars load much more quickly, I can glance left and right (whoop!) and up the AA and anisotropic filtering and world detail and still run with vsync on. Hallelujah!

The AI is more human (random) now, too, which improves the offline experience greatly.

The sounds are still meh, though. The Alfa DTM sounds like a 50cc motorcycle
smiley.png

The gamma seems low to me, like the screen is a little dark...

Nothing has changed for me. It's even better now ( xbox 360 gamepad ) .

Try this :

STEER_THUMB=LEFT
STEER_GAMMA=2.2
STEER_FILTER=0.85
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0.28
STEER_DEADZONE=0.05
STEER_SPEED=1
RUMBLE_INTENSITY=0.65

thx for posting setup i'm not a noob i will try it even i have a pretty spot on setup my self set as a wheel.
I'm currently involved in a League with BMW 235i and we reach already round 6 and before there were 3 pretest races, and i was along side fast wheel guys as lap times and race results.
Just that after update same settings, same setup same track on witch i did quite a lot of laps in this week , i find my self 10 seconds slower per lap at SPA, tyres sqeerk non stop (i did make a mistake in my original post it is huge understeer not oversteer-my mistake sry) and the brakes lock up at every touch of the brakes. (and same xbox 360 wired controller)

Last edited:

It seems they still are and will be in the future also, supported and imo over supported. There is no way in a simulation that you should be able to drive a real car as fast with a hand controller as with a wheel and pedals. This is nothing simulation for me and ruines my experience.

I am sorry that you cant afford a wheel if that is so, but that really doesnt make it right to ruin a good sim just to be able to use it in a way that shouldnt be possible.

Enjoying the new 1.3 update tbh. Had an hour or so on it lasties, and for me the FFB through the tyres felt VERY good, could really feel the front / rears losing traction through the wheel (T300). Nice !

Update to my post... just drove the SCG... Holy balls the noise of the thing is wicked. All the squeaks and rattles and scraping sounds are top notch for "immersion" value. It actually sounds mechanical and not digitized like most of AC cars... best sounding car in this pack for me now. And the Ruf is a mental machine, much prefer the rear wheel drive version though, the 4wd thing feels quite weird and fidgety on exits. Maybe that's my wheel settings, I just left everything on default like Aris said on his thread, may have to tweak some stuff. :o

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back