Assetto Corsa PS4 Controller vs Wheel Comparison Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa PS4 Comparison.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released an interesting side by side comparison video featuring the Sony PlayStation 4 version Assetto Corsa. The latest video showcases the driving experience using both an add-on racing wheel and the standard PlayStation 4 game controller.

Showcasing the game with a lap around the legendary Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Kunos have used the GT3 specification Lamborghini Huracan, and the visual difference in driving style between controller and wheel is less that you would perhaps expect.

Assetto Corsa - PlayStation 4 - Controller vs Steering Wheel Comparison Video

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games are keen to ensure Assetto Corsa will appeal to as many console owners as possible on release, and the latest video is designed to alleviate fears that the advanced driving model within Assetto Corsa could make gameplay for those without peripheral wheels an impossible task. As can be seen in the comparison footage, it looks like the hard work behind the scenes at Kunos has paid off and a satisfactory driving experience can be achievable for players wishing to use the standard PlayStation controller.

Assetto Corsa will be released on August 26th (EU) and August 30th (NA) for PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One. Version 1.7 of the game is currently available via Steam for Windows PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum for news and discussion items regarding all platform versions of the Italian simulation.

Will you be purchasing AC for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One? Will you be using a wheel or controller? Let us know in the comments section below!

@GTAce That's a pretty good lap. You actually take "Les Combes" so much smoother and faster than I do, and you did that with a pad. :p I know a lot of pad users were disappointed with how Pcars handles so I'm sure they'll be happy with AC based off of what I see in your video. Thanks for uploading! :thumbsup:

Generally it is down to the skill of the driver; whether with wheel or game pad.
There are plenty of PC sim racers that use a pad and beat wheel users on a regular basis...also keyboard players can be quick enough to win races!
A wheel just gives you more immersion in a sim. I use a T500rs wheel, but only because I'm crap with a pad. :)

I'm not spending $60 USD on this game with only 12 locations.. can't even run a proper GT3 series with that few of locations. The Controller looks just like it does in PCars on Console, Jerky movements but Controllers can set faster times on TT than Wheel Users in most occasions. That's why I like running Endurance Races to weed out controller users. How does that Hand Feel after 90 mins at Spa?

I'm not spending $60 USD on this game with only 12 locations.. can't even run a proper GT3 series with that few of locations. The Controller looks just like it does in PCars on Console, Jerky movements but Controllers can set faster times on TT than Wheel Users in most occasions. That's why I like running Endurance Races to weed out controller users. How does that Hand Feel after 90 mins at Spa?
Done it... Not on AC though. It was on PCARS and all that really hurts, well it aches actually, for me after that long is the inside of my right trigger finger where I'm always adjusting the throttle.

Can I say, as a pad user (I don't have the space for a wheel... nor the funds really) and having precisely zero experience of AC, that video Kunos put up kinda feels a little insulting. I mean, what's with all that twitch steering? It's ridiculous...
Now, I will be buying the game for PS4 based on how this is answered, so my question is this. Will there be pad setting adjustment available? Because I sincerely hope so.

Done it... Not on AC though. It was on PCARS and all that really hurts, well it aches actually, for me after that long is the inside of my right trigger finger where I'm always adjusting the throttle.

Can I say, as a pad user (I don't have the space for a wheel... nor the funds really) and having precisely zero experience of AC, that video Kunos put up kinda feels a little insulting. I mean, what's with all that twitch steering? It's ridiculous...
Now, I will be buying the game for PS4 based on how this is answered, so my question is this. Will there be pad setting adjustment available? Because I sincerely hope so.
Nothing confirmed at this point, but I would think that they would have the basic settings such as steering linearity, sensitivity, trigger deadzones, etc. I guess you'll find out on the 26th. ;)

Pad settings in the preview console build -

qwf2FgZ.jpg

ZVvHO9L.jpg

Wheel settings in the preview console build -

z2ZLEU5.jpg

BRL1pqf.jpg

Not a console guy myself so I do not know about how much settings can you fiddle with in other games when it comes to wheels but it seems to not have some settings like brake gamma adjustments and things for pedals... but well it is a preview build so maybe does not have all the features in it. IDK what more settings they could include for pads though...
XQtpPmzm.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years