Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa Press Event 005.jpg

RaceDepartment is present today in Bella Italia to witness the Assetto Corsa press event. With a live blog we'll do our best to inform our readers what's going on at the Vallelunga Circuit, where the top gaming magazines and websites are attending.

For RaceDepartment @Marco Bijl and @Ole Marius Myrvold are visiting the headquarters of Kunos Simulazioni and will return loaded with stunning photographs, (on board) footage of exclusive racing cars and of course the latest about the game it self.

Timeline:

16:40 CEST: Live blog closed for now. Time to get into the real racing cars, strap that GoPro camera where it should be and do some recording for our YouTube audience. After the racing its time for a (goatee?) party at the circuit!

16:32 CEST: Toyota GT86 confirmed for the game.

16:31 CEST: Pit Stops will be multiplayer only so far.

16:30 CEST: There will be a completely new sound engine, for exterior sounds especially. To include a lot more of the sounds that Assetto Corsa lacks at the moment.

16:05 CEST: Spotted in the on site Assetto Corsa Beta Build and on the racing circuit, the mighty Toyota GT86. Click here for the image.

15:50 CEST: Facepalm of the Day. Going out on track to drive the McLaren MP4-12C and then you set the engine on fire! Click here for the images. It wasn't us we swear :)

15:23 CEST: We are making (on board) video footage at the event as well. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out when the videos are released.

15:00 CEST: Kunos are weighing between two different career modes. 1) A more forced. That you have to score a certain amount of points to progress. 2) Or another that's more free. So you can choose between events to progress. With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily.

14:56 CEST: Confirmed: "The LaFerrari is using KERS as Traction Control. When the car notices wheelspin. The KERS will brake to reduce wheelspin. And by doing that. It will also recharge when doing that. That's working ingame!"

14:54 CEST: Stefano Casillo starts his lecture about "Simulation" and why its different in Assetto Corsa. Click here for the images

14:38 CEST: Drooling over the Ferrari. Can we take her for a spin today?

14:26 CEST: Official Oculus Rift support confirmed

14:21 CEST: Flatspotting is coming!

14:16 CEST: Press conference is starting....in Italian :) Noi parliamo italiano Kunos! click here for the images

14:12 CEST: The Nissan GTR will come to Assetto Corsa in two versions. A free for all Nissan GTR Road Car and a paid Nissan GTR Race Car as DLC.

14:07 CEST: Confirmed on paper, the new Nissan GT-R, now laserscanned in the game in real life on the track. click here for the images

13:55 CEST: How the simulator developed over time.

13:30 CEST: First pictures are in!

For more on Assetto Corsa make sure to visit the forums, up- and download your favorite mods and share your videos and photos with the rest of the community.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,723
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,056
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,031
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,642
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,636
Last edited:
Ouch.
Sorry you didn't get to drive any of those cars, real bummer. :(
I hope they took you around in them anyway. :)

Nah wasn't any 'Ouch' for me, I was prepared for it, and if I'd been given the chance to drive, it would've been a huge bonus for me.
Ye, I got a spin in a GT86 (and I mean a spin, he lost control of the car ^^,) was amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the write up; glad to read and see you all had a sublime time with the Kunos people. Kunos really do appear to be a great group of people and deserve great success with AC.

Q:You mentioned new modes and the career mode. When will they come?

A:The career mode will be available in the Release Candidate that will come soon and it will give the possibility to start a series of events obviously starting from less performing cars and arriving to more interesting championships. Regarding new game modes, we're looking forward to release new content like more events, more complex career, more game features, (all developed after 1.0, like using the pitstops not only for multiplayer but for single-player mode too), free and DLC, for the next years too. The career mode has a granturismo-like approach to help casual gamers and to make it more interesting offering different choice schemes.

So with V1.0, am I correct when I say we can expect only 5-10 lap races? Because of the lack of pit stops in single player. For me, the career mode is the most important feature in the game and a low lap career mode would be a big let down for me. The special events (racing against AI) are great but it sucks that they end after 5 laps.

So with V1.0, am I correct when I say we can expect only 5-10 lap races? Because of the lack of pit stops in single player. For me, the career mode is the most important feature in the game and a low lap career mode would be a big let down for me. The special events (racing against AI) are great but it sucks that they end after 5 laps.
Most cars should be capable of 40 minute stints, so lack of pit stops shouldn't necessarily mean super-short races. Yeah, you won't be able to do 'endurance' races against the AI, but that will just take patience, I suppose.

From one of those that attended yesterday posted on the AC forum:

"Yes, pit stops are in for Multiplayer - whether they are fully in for Single Player depends on how testing goes in the coming weeks. The clear demand from the community and the desire to get this working for 1.0 led to the devs burning the midnight oil over the past few weeks and to get it here so quickly is highly commendable."

To me that says that while it might not be ready for 1.0 Singleplayer, they are working on it.

From one of those that attended yesterday posted on the AC forum:

"Yes, pit stops are in for Multiplayer - whether they are fully in for Single Player depends on how testing goes in the coming weeks. The clear demand from the community and the desire to get this working for 1.0 led to the devs burning the midnight oil over the past few weeks and to get it here so quickly is highly commendable."

To me that says that while it might not be ready for 1.0 Singleplayer, they are working on it.

...and they are working hard from what i see.

What universe are you living in? I would suggest most racing cars can run for between one and two hours before they need a pit stop. Unless you are racing on the Nurburgring that is way more than 5 laps. Indeed if we assume a 2 minute laptime - that's 30-60 laps.

What universe are you living in? I would suggest most racing cars can run for between one and two hours before they need a pit stop. Unless you are racing on the Nurburgring that is way more than 5 laps. Indeed if we assume a 2 minute laptime - that's 30-60 laps.

Planet Earth and you? :)

As much as I know the AI cant handle more than a few (10) laps unless you disable fuel. And open wheeler go pitting 2-3 times per race because of the tyres.

There's also quite a few cars we know will be in the game, but not sure whether 1.0, added as free content later, or added to DLC.

Nissan
Nismo GTR 2014 - will be added free, no note as to when (fingers crossed here for 1.0 as I love that car, but happy to wait for them to nail it properly before adding).
GTR Nismo GT3 - confirmed for Dreampack DLC with Nords.

Toyota (status of expected release unknown).
Production:
GT-86
SUPRA MK IV
CELICA
AE-86
Racing models:
GT-86 GT4
TS040 HYBRID

Alfa Romeo (stated as at least 1 will be included in 1.0, more models to be unveiled later)
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI

Corvette C7R (release status unknown)

Also the Audi R8 LMS has been heavily hinted at but not officially confirmed as far as I'm aware.

Next to the above list of brands/cars, also RUF has been confirmed, pictures of the RUF Yellowbird can be found on Facebook.

I think except these brands nothing has been officialy confirmed, but when checking out for example Marco Massarutto's FB, you'll see pictures of McLaren P1, an old abarth 595 car and pictures of other cars that might be involved in the future. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back