Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa Press Event 005.jpg

RaceDepartment is present today in Bella Italia to witness the Assetto Corsa press event. With a live blog we'll do our best to inform our readers what's going on at the Vallelunga Circuit, where the top gaming magazines and websites are attending.

For RaceDepartment @Marco Bijl and @Ole Marius Myrvold are visiting the headquarters of Kunos Simulazioni and will return loaded with stunning photographs, (on board) footage of exclusive racing cars and of course the latest about the game it self.

Timeline:

16:40 CEST: Live blog closed for now. Time to get into the real racing cars, strap that GoPro camera where it should be and do some recording for our YouTube audience. After the racing its time for a (goatee?) party at the circuit!

16:32 CEST: Toyota GT86 confirmed for the game.

16:31 CEST: Pit Stops will be multiplayer only so far.

16:30 CEST: There will be a completely new sound engine, for exterior sounds especially. To include a lot more of the sounds that Assetto Corsa lacks at the moment.

16:05 CEST: Spotted in the on site Assetto Corsa Beta Build and on the racing circuit, the mighty Toyota GT86. Click here for the image.

15:50 CEST: Facepalm of the Day. Going out on track to drive the McLaren MP4-12C and then you set the engine on fire! Click here for the images. It wasn't us we swear :)

15:23 CEST: We are making (on board) video footage at the event as well. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out when the videos are released.

15:00 CEST: Kunos are weighing between two different career modes. 1) A more forced. That you have to score a certain amount of points to progress. 2) Or another that's more free. So you can choose between events to progress. With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily.

14:56 CEST: Confirmed: "The LaFerrari is using KERS as Traction Control. When the car notices wheelspin. The KERS will brake to reduce wheelspin. And by doing that. It will also recharge when doing that. That's working ingame!"

14:54 CEST: Stefano Casillo starts his lecture about "Simulation" and why its different in Assetto Corsa. Click here for the images

14:38 CEST: Drooling over the Ferrari. Can we take her for a spin today?

14:26 CEST: Official Oculus Rift support confirmed

14:21 CEST: Flatspotting is coming!

14:16 CEST: Press conference is starting....in Italian :) Noi parliamo italiano Kunos! click here for the images

14:12 CEST: The Nissan GTR will come to Assetto Corsa in two versions. A free for all Nissan GTR Road Car and a paid Nissan GTR Race Car as DLC.

14:07 CEST: Confirmed on paper, the new Nissan GT-R, now laserscanned in the game in real life on the track. click here for the images

13:55 CEST: How the simulator developed over time.

13:30 CEST: First pictures are in!

For more on Assetto Corsa make sure to visit the forums, up- and download your favorite mods and share your videos and photos with the rest of the community.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,723
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,056
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,030
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,642
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,635
Last edited:
Just wow...

You obviously don't know how the gaming industry works and instead start offending us that do with remarks about corrupt journalism. I mean you didn't really just write that did you?

If Kunos wants to announce their v1.0 release themselves thats fully up to them and not up to us. Regardless of what Marco and Ole might have heard on track yesterday.

The Kunos guys, as you can see on the "cake-photo" are happy with their product and very proud. I think its more than normal that they get the credits for their work as well and not let RaceDepartment or another site spill the beans on a release date or other info.

If it were my game I have build with passion over the last couple of months I'd ask any journalists to respect an embargo as well.

Has nothing to do with corrupt journalism but with mutual respect. Try looking up that word before offending people even more with your blunt ignorant posts.

i was pointing at journalism
in the hope that the RD team sees ,thats not the way to go
thats whats wrong in the world today.

its a done thing in the real world too,to invite people for treats and other gifts ,to keep them in the pocket and shut them up

anyways ,,embargo seems out of place ,after the game was early released
we had a period of updates and got multiplayer,,and a handfull of promises.

so instead of embargo ,it would be nice to hear how the team is doing

its up to Kunos to keep their secrets ,not to RD team,or journalists
since it goes against what they are there for
gathering information for the people

its a done thing in the real world too,to invite people for treats and other gifts ,to keep them in the pocket and shut them up

anyways ,,embargo seems out of place ,after the game was early released
we had a period of updates and got multiplayer,,and a handfull of promises.

so instead of embargo ,it would be nice to hear how the team is doing

its up to Kunos to keep their secrets ,not to RD team,or journalists
since it goes against what they are there for
gathering information for the people

I don't think you understand what the point of news embargo is. It is not for corrupt journalists to hide information from the public. I work for a scientific organisation, and our press releases are (almost) always released a couple of days in advance to the journalists under embargo, to give them some time to actually do their own research and write their articles. That's why embargo exist.

For the sake of transparency both Marco and Ole paid for their own trip which has cost them quite a lot of money traveling from The Netherlands and Norway all the way to Southern Italy.

On site they choose to report back for the greater good of the community.

This site is in no-ones pocket if thats what you are insinuating. Never has, never will be.

" Thats whats wrong in the world today " . God, I'm so full of that kind of thinking and attitude. I assume you are those people who think every knowledge and information belongs to everybody right now at this instant. Whether is just a game launch or government seacrets.

Do you really think that world would be a better place if you know everything?

Do you wan't the truth? You can't handle the truth!

PS. Sorry for off topic

You seem to be confusing a time sensitive embargo. As previous reports have stated Kunos have one or two things that still haven't been nailed down for the final release. IE: the single player game.

Journalists giving out details on the single player elements they saw could cause problems if those details end up not making it into the game.

Remember these guys were invited to see the game, Kunos weren't required by law to have the press inspect their game they simply asked journalists if they'd mind waiting before releasing some details, the people who went agreed to hold off on releasing details. There's no injustice or conspiracy in that, it's a friendly agreement.

You seem to be confusing a time sensitive embargo. As previous reports have stated Kunos have one or two things that still haven't been nailed down for the final release. IE: the single player game.

Journalists giving out details on the single player elements they saw could cause problems if those details end up not making it into the game.

Remember these guys were invited to see the game, Kunos weren't required by law to have the press inspect their game they simply asked journalists if they'd mind waiting before releasing some details, the people who went agreed to hold off on releasing details. There's no injustice or conspiracy in that, it's a friendly agreement.

How dare you use logic and reasoning?!!

*Brandishes pitchfork*

Would that mean, more accurate than it is now @Marco Bijl
Not that I am saying, it is not very accurate in its current state.
Probably... There is more info we have gathered, but we need to sort it, check it, and as said somewhere above, see how we make a nice article about it. There is also a lot more footage (especially photo) of the event I need to sort out.

Do not expect any dates though... Simply said, I can not give, that what was not given to me ;).
We do NOT have an exact release date of ANYTHING. Not the content, not the game. Thats up to Kunos to decide, and release in the public.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%