Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa Press Event 005.jpg

RaceDepartment is present today in Bella Italia to witness the Assetto Corsa press event. With a live blog we'll do our best to inform our readers what's going on at the Vallelunga Circuit, where the top gaming magazines and websites are attending.

For RaceDepartment @Marco Bijl and @Ole Marius Myrvold are visiting the headquarters of Kunos Simulazioni and will return loaded with stunning photographs, (on board) footage of exclusive racing cars and of course the latest about the game it self.

Timeline:

16:40 CEST: Live blog closed for now. Time to get into the real racing cars, strap that GoPro camera where it should be and do some recording for our YouTube audience. After the racing its time for a (goatee?) party at the circuit!

16:32 CEST: Toyota GT86 confirmed for the game.

16:31 CEST: Pit Stops will be multiplayer only so far.

16:30 CEST: There will be a completely new sound engine, for exterior sounds especially. To include a lot more of the sounds that Assetto Corsa lacks at the moment.

16:05 CEST: Spotted in the on site Assetto Corsa Beta Build and on the racing circuit, the mighty Toyota GT86. Click here for the image.

15:50 CEST: Facepalm of the Day. Going out on track to drive the McLaren MP4-12C and then you set the engine on fire! Click here for the images. It wasn't us we swear :)

15:23 CEST: We are making (on board) video footage at the event as well. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out when the videos are released.

15:00 CEST: Kunos are weighing between two different career modes. 1) A more forced. That you have to score a certain amount of points to progress. 2) Or another that's more free. So you can choose between events to progress. With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily.

14:56 CEST: Confirmed: "The LaFerrari is using KERS as Traction Control. When the car notices wheelspin. The KERS will brake to reduce wheelspin. And by doing that. It will also recharge when doing that. That's working ingame!"

14:54 CEST: Stefano Casillo starts his lecture about "Simulation" and why its different in Assetto Corsa. Click here for the images

14:38 CEST: Drooling over the Ferrari. Can we take her for a spin today?

14:26 CEST: Official Oculus Rift support confirmed

14:21 CEST: Flatspotting is coming!

14:16 CEST: Press conference is starting....in Italian :) Noi parliamo italiano Kunos! click here for the images

14:12 CEST: The Nissan GTR will come to Assetto Corsa in two versions. A free for all Nissan GTR Road Car and a paid Nissan GTR Race Car as DLC.

14:07 CEST: Confirmed on paper, the new Nissan GT-R, now laserscanned in the game in real life on the track. click here for the images

13:55 CEST: How the simulator developed over time.

13:30 CEST: First pictures are in!

For more on Assetto Corsa make sure to visit the forums, up- and download your favorite mods and share your videos and photos with the rest of the community.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,723
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,056
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,031
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,642
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,635
Last edited:
IpzSP4L.jpg

apWP1MX.jpg

PCZhcEi.jpg

So, with the Assetto Corsa-cake, our hosts from Kunos for the day, and our drivers/driver instructors, I think it's time to relax for Me and Marco, and go through our recordings and photos that haven't been posted.

I really have to thank @Bram Hengeveld and RD for getting the chance to go to Italy. And of course to Kunos who wanted us there, and also for all of you guys that have followed it, it's made the day perfect knowing that you appreciate what we've done today! :)

- Pinky

Thanks for your efforts it's fully appreciated . Will second the request for a photo of somebody using DK2 if you would be so kind . Can't describe how happy that will make a lot of people including me :)
Edit i've just seen this posted on the forum via noseybook
10633228_710656942351331_9202062506410227430_o.jpg

Doing some google searches late, and seeing myself here xD Thanks for my Colleague Manu for taking it :) Glad to see our product on the web :) Oculus is HUGE, despite the resolution no that good atm. Thanks from rSeat Europe for the pics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
RD mod .. "1Karl1" is on my friends list I think most people can see we were joking around ....
Confirmed case of sarcasm spotted .
Doing some google searches late, and seeing myself here xD Thanks for my Colleague Manu for taking it :) Glad to see our product on the web :) Oculus is HUGE, despite the resolution no that good atm. Thanks from rSeat Europe for the pics ;)
How was is it in DK2 if your allowed to say please say it all and then some :)

not expecting the nordsleife to be finished soon

but since it was last years gift to us
Kunos at least could have mentioned how it progresses and set a new date

and also they should have said something about 1.0 release

a new show with future promises doesnt cut it no longer,

im not saying they should deliver on the many promises straight away

but adress them at least in a press event,just for all that you promised it to.

not expecting the nordsleife to be finished soon

but since it was last years gift to us
Kunos at least could have mentioned how it progresses and set a new date

and also they should have said something about 1.0 release

a new show with future promises doesnt cut it no longer,

im not saying they should deliver on the many promises straight away

but adress them at least in a press event,just for all that you promised it to.
the remarks you make show me that you where not there :).
A lot is answered to those there.
As said, wait for the full report to come. We need to write some stuff, and are travelling as well....

I am back in the Netherlands again. Almost home, and then i can take a look at the other pictures, and read back my notes i made.
It was a nice experience. The game is so accurate, its almost scary ;-)

Full report will follow soon!
whats scary is ,,that you agree to keep an embargo

just like corrupt journalism does these days.

scary is ,that to you guys this seems normal behavior,,and you go along with it.

for the rest ,a great report and i hope you guys had some fun on the track
the remarks you make show me that you where not there :).
A lot is answered to those there.
As said, wait for the full report to come. We need to write some stuff, and are travelling as well....
Well ,,those would be the first things you should have mentioned ,yesterday in the short report
if they where mentioned.

I'm sorry but are you mentally challenged? :cautious:
Or did I not see the funny part in that?
after some searching on the net

i find 1.0 release is THIS FRIDAY

but the guys that where sent on our behalf ,,take extra time to keep that BIG NEWS hidden for a bit longer

if they wait 2 more days,,they dont even need to write a report at all
and they will be lapped by reality

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not get it with the negative stuff here!
Ask yourself a question or two!
Do you still believe in the fairy godmother and all the other stories your parents, teachers told you. Yet you tell your children the same stories.
Does you wife still believe you are the guy you made out to be, back in the day? Yet she still loves you!
Do you still believe everything the politician promised, yeah the guy you voted for and still do?
The world is a constant state of flux!
There is hope and dreams and there is reality, life is a compromise, have a bit of patience and hope.
Hope you all take this in the the lighthearted way I intended this to be!

whats scary is ,,that you agree to keep an embargo

just like corrupt journalism does these days.

Just wow...

You obviously don't know how the gaming industry works and instead start offending us that do with remarks about corrupt journalism. I mean you didn't really just write that did you?

If Kunos wants to announce their v1.0 release themselves thats fully up to them and not up to us. Regardless of what Marco and Ole might have heard on track yesterday.

The Kunos guys, as you can see on the "cake-photo" are happy with their product and very proud. I think its more than normal that they get the credits for their work as well and not let RaceDepartment or another site spill the beans on a release date or other info.

If it were my game I have build with passion over the last couple of months I'd ask any journalists to respect an embargo as well.

Has nothing to do with corrupt journalism but with mutual respect. Try looking up that word before offending people even more with your blunt ignorant posts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back