Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Sad news for those of you that are (im)patiently awaiting the arrival of Assetto Corsa as Kunos just announced on Facebook that pre-orders are on hold due to typical bureaucracy reasons that are nowadays very common in the EU/EUSSR.

Unfortunately in Italy where Kunos Simulazioni is based things aren't any different than to the rest of Europe where honest hardworking small companies get buried under a massive pile of legislation.

Time to make some clarification about the rumors...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
I'm more than happy to wait for Assetto Corsa; I just wish I could give them my pre-order money now so it helps with development costs and/or obtaining vehicle licences.

Even more about the Situation from Aris on Facebook:

Particularly unhappy with it, as I had pre-order website, e-commerce pages and everything else ready to go, just to find out at 1 o'clock in the night about that little "font 6px" things that would have severely hurt our business and the AC project.

Back to the drawing board and I guess we need to do something special for all you people patiently waiting

hmm that doesn't sound good regarding a quick fix, looks to me like the whole pre order needs to be revamped totally....that's gonna take some time.
He may just be saying they need to rework how they want to go through with the preorder. That's what this law seems to be affecting. Keep your hopes up!... Been watching too many youtube videos of Rome Total War... My first thought is, general inspire your troops!...

• Deleted member 151827

Something special for the people patiently waiting..... Hmmmm....Wonder what he is speaking of? :)

Hello,
I do not understand where the problem is. If they can not do pre-order, why do not they leave the game? They can use the commercial structure of steam. I know that my reasoning may seem simplistic, but ... I do not see why it should take their pencils ... By reading the post Aris was the mpression the game has taken a severe blow. So in the end, it seems that this is only the pre-order off steam that was the problem!

They said they will announce the release date with the preorder. Also, they should know the date. Why the preorder problem seems to be so critical ? They just have to announce the date and to sell the game at this date with steam without the preorder... But from this point of view, it does not much change from the originally planned preorder.
Of course, I think the difference is commercial, because they have to live to finsh the game, and the preorder was maybe a solution for this...

Last edited:
Just a reminder of what we are waiting for! Well worth the wait! Doesn't get much better than a Ferrari Italia drifting around a larger sweeping turn! :)

Nice, I had not seen that video before. :)
This gives me hope that we finally will get a game that actually have realistic handling, none of the current games really come close to having the physics for handling a car correctly, especially when on or close to the limit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back