Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Sad news for those of you that are (im)patiently awaiting the arrival of Assetto Corsa as Kunos just announced on Facebook that pre-orders are on hold due to typical bureaucracy reasons that are nowadays very common in the EU/EUSSR.

Unfortunately in Italy where Kunos Simulazioni is based things aren't any different than to the rest of Europe where honest hardworking small companies get buried under a massive pile of legislation.

Time to make some clarification about the rumors...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Without knowing the details of the regulations, the intentions behind them are probably good - there to make sure unscrupulous vendors can't take in the cash from phantom products or vaporware and then do a runner perhaps? I can't imagine how gutted and exhausted the Kunos guys must be right now though. They've slogged their guts out and put all their own cash into it, and just as they can see the finish line a legal anvil comes down on them. This must surely be the final challenge, the last hurdle before they start to reap the benefits. Stick in guys, nearly there! The silent majority is behind you 110%!!!

Without knowing the details of the regulations, the intentions behind them are probably good -
Except this is the Italian government we're talking about, probably forgot to send the brown envelope to the relevant politician.

Assetto Corsa and GTA V PC are the only two games I eagerly await, I'm somewhat disappointed with rFactor2 and have high hopes for this game.

All the best to Kunos, but I think the hype around this title including the tech demo and pre-order has blown a bit out of proportions. I would expect such hype a couple of months before release, but with no release date in sight (after "Spring 2013" was announced in the tech demo), I will now just ignore any further news and wait patiently for the guys to finish the game and then make a decision of whether to buy it or not. I personally would never buy a game in advance without reading at least a couple of reviews and user experiences, but anyway I can understand people think differently. Either way we will all get the final product at the same time.

All the best to Kunos, but I think the hype around this title including the tech demo and pre-order has blown a bit out of proportions. I would expect such hype a couple of months before release, but with no release date in sight (after "Spring 2013" was announced in the tech demo), I will now just ignore any further news and wait patiently for the guys to finish the game and then make a decision of whether to buy it or not. I personally would never buy a game in advance without reading at least a couple of reviews and user experiences, but anyway I can understand people think differently. Either way we will all get the final product at the same time.
I think the sim racing community created most of the hype. Not Kunos themselves.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%