1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. That is the post they needed to do to get rid of the whiners.
    I am really thankful for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jon Turner

Jon Turner
    Premium Member

I totally agree and i wish more companies could be that respectful of their future clients to keep them informed, i don't mind waiting for a good product if i'm updated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. i am glad, this has nothing to do with the game development

5. I don't understand why you would pre-order a digital download, I mean it isn't like they're going to run out or anything!!

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. because you are having benefits from doing this. it also supports the developer as everyone should know: money today > money in the future

7. Without knowing the details of the regulations, the intentions behind them are probably good - there to make sure unscrupulous vendors can't take in the cash from phantom products or vaporware and then do a runner perhaps? I can't imagine how gutted and exhausted the Kunos guys must be right now though. They've slogged their guts out and put all their own cash into it, and just as they can see the finish line a legal anvil comes down on them. This must surely be the final challenge, the last hurdle before they start to reap the benefits. Stick in guys, nearly there! The silent majority is behind you 110%!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yeah, it is all about supporting the game development

9. Because you'll get first DLC for free.

10. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

Except this is the Italian government we're talking about, probably forgot to send the brown envelope to the relevant politician.

Assetto Corsa and GTA V PC are the only two games I eagerly await, I'm somewhat disappointed with rFactor2 and have high hopes for this game.

11. You're possibly right. I'd assumed it was EU-wide rules for some reason...

12. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

It could be too, I'm just taking a swipe at the Italians and it's a bit fresh coming from an Irish person, our governments nearly as corrupt just without the bunga bunga parties.

13. Well at least now I can stop checking Steam 6 times a day for the pre-order. Hope they get it straightened out soon, looking forward this!!!!!

14. All the best to Kunos, but I think the hype around this title including the tech demo and pre-order has blown a bit out of proportions. I would expect such hype a couple of months before release, but with no release date in sight (after "Spring 2013" was announced in the tech demo), I will now just ignore any further news and wait patiently for the guys to finish the game and then make a decision of whether to buy it or not. I personally would never buy a game in advance without reading at least a couple of reviews and user experiences, but anyway I can understand people think differently. Either way we will all get the final product at the same time.

15. For good reason, that pretty much can be assumed from the text. Not sure if its true at all though. Can be inside the country only too.

16. I cannot imagine why you would be impatient for pre-ordering!

17. because it was linked to a whole new website, including official gameplay videos as well as a full list of cars, tracks and features!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. It will be released one day. Thats good enough for me.

19. I think the sim racing community created most of the hype. Not Kunos themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. In America our corruption is in most cases very craftily concealed, or at least downplayed, by the media. Corruption happens everywhere.

I'm glad it wasn't a software issue.

• Agree Agree x 1