Assetto Corsa: Praga R1 Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Praga R1 Assetto Corsa 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Licensing Project Manager Marco Massarutto has shared two brand new images of some interesting upcoming content for Assetto Corsa, the little known Czech built Praga R1 sportscar.

Weighing in at 592kg and producing 210bhp from a Renault Sport Formula 2010 2.0 Engine, the Praga R1 is designed as an "Lightweight, Extreme downforce, Full-carbon, High safety, Low running cost" sports car designed and built by Czech car manufacturer Praga Racing. Inspired by endurance prototype race cars, the R1 is a full-carbon track car designed around a composite monocoque and competed in the Supercar Challenge series, a series of endurance and semi endurance events held worldwide.

Praga R1 Assetto Corsa.jpg

Massarutto posted the above work in progress images showing off the fine detail Kunos are developing in order to bring this unique car to Assetto Corsa. Not a lot of information is known about how many variants of the car will be coming to AC as Praga produce both the R1 and its bigger, more powerful, brothers the R1R and R4S, or indeed when players might expect the new car to be available in game. Be sure to keep an eye out at RaceDepartment for more news on this as and when it becomes available.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

A very interesting change in direction from Kunos with the latest teasers, do you think the R1 will make a good addition to the sim? Are you glad to see more vehicles from less high profile manufacturers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
While an interesting car, first time I heard about this car coming to the game I thought, "why not the BAC Mono". Though lightweight, its still too low on power IMO. We'll see. Looks wise, I though its a little odd. I hope a few more track day cars show up in the game.

While an interesting car, first time I heard about this car coming to the game I thought, "why not the BAC Mono". Though lightweight, its still too low on power IMO. We'll see. Looks wise, I though its a little odd. I hope a few more track day cars show up in the game.
oh it'll do fine up until 200km/h, then its just a snail, like the Tatuus Abarth.

I knew this was coming in a future a DLC, though it's surprising to see it this early and in between major updates. Still an astounding car that is more or less a miniature LMP car
It's one of the console release cars, possibly free for PC users. Screenshot from the AC dev diary: http://prntscr.com/bv2csk

The date is obviously old info, console release is by the end of August, and 1.8 should be out on PC around same time. I'm suspecting we get to drive this car, FXX K etc. along with that (Monza Oval config too)

Awesome! Great looking car, and as czech looking forward to have oportunity to drive "our" car. Well, I think it is more czech trademark then the car, but still makes me proud. At least a little. For now. :roflmao:
Pity nowhere is truly czech racing truck Buggyra. Whole European Truck Champ. serie would be nice. Thank you. :cautious::laugh:

If all this makes kunos is very nice but, as do the same botched that with the dlc REDPACK no way to regulate suspensions in the ferrari ST15 and F138, the image becomes crazy, promises fix in the next update and go three and not solve it, release the untested dlc is easier to charge 9.99 euros for a poor finish product, so I do not expect much from their new dlc watching what they do, sorry for my English.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.1%
  • < 5 years