Assetto Corsa: Porsche Vol. 3 Releases 20/12 - Details Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche Pack Vol 3.png

Well we all like information don't we? After the long wait to see what Kunos and Porsche have in store for fans of the game, we now finally have all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. Once again thanks to the official Assetto Corsa Steam Store page, we see that Volume 3 of the Porsche DLC packages releases on December 20th, and again contains a goodly selection of the manufacturers finest examples of road and race machinery.

Unlike the previous two DLC's, Volume Three leans heavily towards purpose build race cars, interestingly even including the new for 2017 911 GT3 RSR and 911 GT3 Cup, cars sure to take the national and international headlines when they hit the world stage next year. Of course as can be seen in the included images in this article, fans of classic content have something to look forward to as well, with the inclusion of the 908LH (bottom of page) and 917K (below) - a car made famous as the machine that took Porsches first overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1970 and 1971.

In a bit of a disappointing move however, Volume Three contains the 2016 919 Hybrid, the car that Mark Webber will make his final WEC appearance in next month at Bahrain, that many people will feel rather similar to the 2015 variant offered in the Volume Two package. Ok ok I know its nothing to get too upset about, seeing as the car has undergone substantial 'under the hood' chances since the previous season, but personally I feel a little disappointed as I would have liked to see another model from the brand in its place. Saying that, if the three DLC packages sell well, nothing to say Kunos won't consider releasing further cars from the brand in the future...?

Assetto Corsa Porsche 917k.jpg

Porsche Volume 3 DLC Contains:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
Assetto Corsa Porsche 908LH.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The
  • Porsche Pack Volume One, containing seven Porsche vehicles is scheduled for release on October 25th for PC, then in early November on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
  • Porsche Pack Volume 2, containing seven Porsche vehicles across nine configurations is due for release November 22nd on PC, with release on console to be announced.
  • Porsche Pack Volume 3, containing seven Porsche vehicles is due for release on December 20th for PC, with release on console to be announced.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Just like busses, wait ages for one then all three come at once! So now we know, question is, which is your favourite from Vol.3 and which is the most anticipated across all three packs? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's the modern 911 R (2016), just like all road cars are modern versions.
None of the DLC packs includes any vintage road cars.

911R-static-large_trans++LTkG7pL2NUWJj_hwxU54iHLjar9PvHbIXyhj7LgXEd4.jpg

Personally, I am very much looking forward to it although I am usually not a fan of the road cars in the game. However, if Aris nails the physics here then this should be a treat for all of us.

It's the modern 911 R (2016), just like all road cars are modern versions.
None of the DLC packs includes any vintage road cars.

911R-static-large_trans++LTkG7pL2NUWJj_hwxU54iHLjar9PvHbIXyhj7LgXEd4.jpg

Personally, I am very much looking forward to it although I am usually not a fan of the road cars in the game. However, if Aris nails the physics here then this should be a treat for all of us.
I agree with you, however, some people like to point out that the Carrera RSR 3.0 was street legal. I had no idea.

Myself? I actually prefer the street cars over strictly race cars. Maybe that's why AC is such a good fit for me... It would have been really nice to get a few older Porsche street cars. Carrera GT, 959, 944 Turbo and Carrera RS 2.7 Touring all come to mind.

there is no way the new one a turbo. unless this is a test mule and they're going to slap a new engine in it come the roar.

There has been much speculation about the 17 RSR being turbo charged, that video to me also backs it up. Yes the exhaust are now split between banks but have you not heard the current RSR? It screams over the vettes! That is more dull and deep sounding which is what turbos do to exhaust notes

There has been much speculation about the 17 RSR being turbo charged, that video to me also backs it up. Yes the exhaust are now split between banks but have you not heard the current RSR? It screams over the vettes! That is more dull and deep sounding which is what turbos do to exhaust notes

Yeah, people expect turbos to still have the whistle and wastegate chatter that 1980's cars had but that's really not the case any more.

I'm really confident, that we'll get the new 991 GT3. The main fact is that this car launched at May around last year and it's running this season.
The other machine type 997 would be declared as Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.

And yes, the description Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015 is definetaly an indication that it would be the new one. Usually Kunos use the years were the cars launched.

For sure there's no guarantee but bascially we should be positive now.

WTF are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Nobody questions the cars we get, it's all in the OP.

• Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015

These are Porsche's three current 911-based race cars.
The only small question mark is behind the RSR as that car hasn't been officially unveiled yet (engine position, turbo or not).

No idea what you are talking about old 997s etc. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The only small question mark is behind the RSR as that car hasn't been officially inveiled yet (engine position, turbo or not).

In previous posts some silly people thought 2015 GT3 R meant the 997 and not the most recent 991 based GT3 car so I think he's just trying to re assure himself that it will be the current spec GT3 R...which it will be :D

The only small question mark is behind the RSR as that car hasn't been officially inveiled yet (engine position, turbo or not).

at the end of the day they are all still 911's :)

Yeah, people expect turbos to still have the whistle and wastegate chatter that 1980's cars had but that's really not the case any more.

Unfortunately... :cautious: One of the greatest sounds in the automotive world is hearing wastegates chatter through the forest as rally cars scare the life out of every furry woodland creature within 5 miles. Well, IMO anyway. :whistling:

NSFW

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing