Assetto Corsa: Porsche Vol. 2 Releases 22/11 - Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche Pack Vol 2.png

Kunos Simulazioni, by way of the Steam DLC store page, have revealed the second instalment of their three part Porsche DLC extravaganza is due to release on the 22nd November, adding an additional seven new Porsche cars across nine configurations to the title - including the 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship and Le Mans 24 Hour winning 919 Hybrid.

The latest information comes hot on the heels of the imminent arrival of Volume One tomorrow afternoon, and no doubt comes as good news to fans eager to take in yet more Porsche content for Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015.jpg

Much like the first Porsche instalment, Volume Two caters for plenty of different tastes as it offers up gamers a nice choice of new, old, road and race cars from the German manufacturer. Models of note from Volume Two include Le Mans racers from the 80's, 90's and 00's in the form of the 962c, 911 GT1 and last years winner the 919 Hybrid respectively. Also included is perhaps one of the finest road going supercars ever created, the beautifully striking 911 GT3 RS. Automotive heaven...
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 GT3 RS.jpg

Porsche Volume 2 DLC Contents
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Porsche 718 Spyder RS
  • Porsche Cayman GT4
  • Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
  • Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Porsche 962c long tail
  • Porsche 962c short tail
It has not yet been announced by Kunos at this early stage what free Porsche model will be included with Volume Two. Stay tuned to find out...

Assetto Corsa Porsche 962C Long Tail.jpg

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The Porsche Pack Volume One, containing seven Porsche vehicles is scheduled for release on October 25th for PC, then in early November on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Porsche Pack Volume 2 is due for release November 22nd on PC, with release on console to be announced.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Assetto Corsa Porsche 718 Boxter.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche 718 Spyder RS.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 GT1.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4.jpg

So we now know what Vol. 2 has in store, which one are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Do the cars, at least the 962C, 919 and 911 GT1 have brake pressure settings in the garage menu?

Edit: Nevermind, I learned no AC-released cars will because it's not considered realistic. :thumbsdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i know.. but then it means we get no actual GT4 class car

yeah but thats the clubsport..

so clubsport in pack 1
regular road cayman gt4 in pack 2

but no actual gt4 racing class car as in gt4 series is what i meant...
The GT4 Clubsport is used in GT4 class series. The Pirelli World Challenge in the US and the SRO GT4 European Series (now called Competition102 GT4 Euro Series) have drivers with the GT4 Clubsport in it.

The racing pace should be comparable and just fine for a race against the Maserati, maybe with ballast. The GT4 Clubsport raced team-prepped in British GT in the GT4 class before Porsche and Manthey Racing released the MR package for SRO GT4-homologation that makes slight changes - so I don't see this as a big issue. I don't think Porsche themselves expected homologation to have such hick-ups (same as the late deliveries, British GT Caymans were half a season late). Considering the time-frame of the MR package release in real life and the release date of this DLC it was very unlikely that Kunos would include the MR in the DLCs.

I see, yeah i wasnt bickering about it..
its just the whole gt3 and gt4 names without they actually being that class sometimes confuses me.
so to be clear we dont get a gt4 class racing car according to Aris... but its close enough :) which clarifies my question.

Do the cars, at least the 962C, 919 and 911 GT1 have brake pressure settings in the garage menu?

Are you really asking whether cars that arent released yet have certain garage settings available?

Besides that though, do any other cars in AC have brake pressure adjustment currently? No? Then it would be best to not expect these to unless Aris suddenly has more hours in a day and changes his mind on including it.

I see, yeah i wasnt bickering about it..
its just the whole gt3 and gt4 names without they actually being that class sometimes confuses me.
so to be clear we dont get a gt4 class racing car according to Aris... but its close enough :) which clarifies my question.

They've used GT3 Cup LONG before GT3 class was as popular as today.

I don't see how people can get confused between the Cup and the R. I can see how the R and the RSR might be slightly confusing, but the cup and the R aren't even remotely close to being the same car.

They've used GT3 Cup LONG before GT3 class was as popular as today.

I don't see how people can get confused between the Cup and the R. I can see how the R and the RSR might be slightly confusing, but the cup and the R aren't even remotely close to being the same car.
well when you are looking at names and not actual pictures... and you are not a porsche geek.. its all symbols to me!

im good with a steering wheel and pedals... not that much with names

The GT4 Clubsport is used in GT4 class series. The Pirelli World Challenge in the US and the SRO GT4 European Series (now called Competition102 GT4 Euro Series) have drivers with the GT4 Clubsport in it.

Actually they use it along with the Cup cars in the canadian gt3 series as well. Something which turns out to be a joke when you watch them in person because

a) speed differential is huge between them and the cups
b) too quiet
c) they just get in the way of the cups when the leaders blast through.

It's bad enough they had to mix the 991 cups and the 997.2 cups together (but not that bad because the crap of the 991 crop have a hard time going faster than the 997s in some cases); but to add the cayman to bring the car count up wasn't exactly the smartest of ideas. It also doesn't promote the product as it should when the lap time differential is significant.

I've read something about that, gotta agree that is a total joke, like don't get me wrong that they are trying to promote the cars and how fast they are and believably or not, Canada's tracks actually aren't all that bad. So it's weird to see that.

Actually they use it along with the Cup cars in the canadian gt3 series as well. Something which turns out to be a joke when you watch them in person because

a) speed differential is huge between them and the cups
b) too quiet
c) they just get in the way of the cups when the leaders blast through.

It's bad enough they had to mix the 991 cups and the 997.2 cups together (but not that bad because the crap of the 991 crop have a hard time going faster than the 997s in some cases); but to add the cayman to bring the car count up wasn't exactly the smartest of ideas. It also doesn't promote the product as it should when the lap time differential is significant.
hahahha i have no idea what you just said!
just give me a 9..something for an hour and ill tell you if i like it
ill go back to porsche simberia now,, ithink im better off there

I've read something about that, gotta agree that is a total joke, like don't get me wrong that they are trying to promote the cars and how fast they are and believably or not, Canada's tracks actually aren't all that bad. So it's weird to see that.

when all is said and done, it's a product that caters to the gentleman drivers. At that sticker price, you can get a decent 991 (the 13-16) cup for similar amount. Mind you, the learning curve is completely different as you have TC and ABS in the cayman while you have none of that in the other.

The schedule wasn't bad. Two races running combined grid with the Americans were fun. Racing in support of F1 was definitely fun. Just wish one of those two mosport weekends were in support of Weathertech instead of Nascar trucks :poop:

Not sure how one can be sad when we already have so many GT3 cars, and now we get the first detailed Porsche's for a sim in a looong while. Legendary cars, group C/7 and our first LMP1's! Yes its always nice to have it all, but the GT3 grid we have is good enough to have fun races with while we wait for moar (i want full grid of group C/7 cars and LMP so im waaay behind lol). :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back