Assetto Corsa Porsche Update and Other News

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulzioni's Stefano Casillo recently completed a substantial online chat discussing in great detail some of the many upcoming features and content pieces for Assetto Corsa.

Look what the Cat Hacked In Summer Special runs for an impressive 2 hours 16 minutes and covers a great many interesting topics. Those of you who wish to watch the episode again can do so by clicking the video image above, however for the vast majority of you who don't have a couple of hours in the day spare catching up with the Kunos guys, I've attempted to summarize the most interesting bits here for you to digest.

Coming in 2016 (confirmed)
  • The Ferrari FXX K and Ferrari 488 GTB. The FXX K we've already seen preview images of and previously knew it would appear in the console release. The 488 GTB is new news.
  • Praga R1 was recently teased by the studio and reported by RaceDepartment to much community excitement.
  • Audi A1 S1. Another new item previously unknown.
All the above are due to be released alongside the upcoming console launch as part of a mini DLC package. Price unconfirmed.

As well as the above mentioned cars, Casillo has confirmed a new laserscanned circuit will be joining the sim in 2016. No details have been forthcoming with regards to which circuit will be included.

Version 1.8
Build version 1.8, expected to coincide with the upcoming console release, could feature potentially improved optimization and framerates. The optimizations are currently undergoing extensive testing and subject to successful tests will be included as part of the 1.8 release. The new build will also include improved reflections and shadows, potential further development in blue flag functionality and, dependent on testing, a first stab at a custom championship tool.

In addition to the features and fixes for v1.8, Casillo has confirmed the new addition of an historic Monza Grand Prix track complete with the original banking.

In line with the latest Red Pack DLC release all GT3 spec cars will also receive the update treatment and find themselves with the latest tyre model version.

Complementing the historic content already in game, fans can look forward to a free 1967 version of the Silverstone Grand Prix track, due to be brought to the game before the end of 2016, possible alongside another as yet unannounced DLC offering from the studio.

Porsche
Everyone has been talking about the Porsche announcement from Kunos back in June. Finally some details are starting to emerge from the studio on what content structure fans can expect in the coming months. It has been confirmed Kunos will release three Porsche DLC packages containing a total of 24 cars from the German marque. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalized, however we do know the first volume of Porsche DLC releases should be available in September this year. To help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will give season pass owners a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Confirmed Porsche models so far include (curtesy of @Epistolarius)
  • 917/30 Spyder - 1973
  • 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 - 1974
  • 935-78 "Moby Dick" - 1978
  • 919 Hybrid 2015 and 2016
  • 911 Carrera S - 2016
  • Cayman GT4 ClubSport - 2016
  • 911 Carrera Cup
  • 718 - 2016 (likely Boxster S)
  • Panamera II - 2017

In Development
Kunos Simulazioni's Stefano Casillo has also confirmed a number of new vehicles currently at various stages of development at the studio, some already known and some are quite a surprise for many interested in the sim. Confirmed to be in development and due for release in 2017 are the BMW M6 GT3, Audi R8 LMS 2016 and Toyota TS040 Le Mans prototype as well as at least one new manufacturer to join the simulation next year. Obviously work is ongoing to negotiate with manufacturers and more announcements may be forthcoming as 2017 progresses.

The studio have also hinted that development work is being undertaken to virtually recreate cars such as the Maserati MC12 GT1, Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, Lotus 3-Eleven, Audi TT Cup, McLaren P1 GTR, McLaren 570S, Audi R18 e-tron Quattro and Toyota GT-86 GT4 all at various stages of completion. No dates have been attached to these models but one can safely assume these won’t be seen until mid-2017 at the earliest, once the massive three part Porsche DLC has been released and the other proposed updates and content have been included in the sim.

The developer live stream did go on to mention another Black Cat County style free location will be added to the game at some stage in the future, however any sort of detailed information on what sort of scale and type of track we might expect is not available at this stage. Early suggestions are the circuit could be located in Scotland, so get ready for some dramatic scenery if it is!

Assetto-Corsa-Logo.jpg

Stefano has certainly given fans of the simulation much food for thought over the final weeks of summer as this is by far the largest information release we've seen from the studio in a long time. Of course much of the information contained within the stream could be subject to change so it would be wise to wait and see when some of these things are available to try out in game, but even so it looks very much like Assetto Corsa is fast becoming the PC sim racing equivalent of Gran Turismo. The future looks very bright indeed...

Check out the Assetto Corsa forum here at RaceDepartment to view all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos Simulazioni's racing simulation. We have hundreds of topics created by community members discussing many aspects of the Italian simulator. Why not check out our Assetto Corsa Mods forum while you browse? Take a look at the many high quality user created cars and tracks available for download, or if making these mods is more your thing, take a tour of our Modding Discussion forum for WIP projects, advice and guidance and general discussion around the world of AC modding.

RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events with a wide variety of content for the sim. All you need is a premium membership and a desire to have a good time on track! Check it out today!

Exciting news from Kunos, do you think the future plans for the sim are positive? Will you be buying the Porsche DLC pack(s)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No thats not it. Kunos have enough rep now that they dont have much issues getting what they want. They made the choice based on what most people voted for.
Erm...not really....they were priced out of Suzuka and Le Mans, Marco said Sebring is off the cards....they couldn't reach an agreement with Aston...they have plenty of issues getting what they want (as with any company).

Pity that they didn't reached and agreement with Suzuka and LeMans... laser scanned Suzuka would be amazing... One of the most amazing tracks along with Spa and Imola IMHO... And LeMans well the name says it all...
And pity about AM too... I own the URD mod but this is just the GTE variant... i would liove to have the GT3 and GT4 variants too to complete the GT3/GT4 rooster...

After those bunch of European flat F1 circuits something like Laguna Seca is pretty good, but my personal favorites are Road Atlanta, Road America and Mosport. However I wouldn't mind a laser scanned Watkins Glen. :D Other nice NA tracks are Sebring, Sonoma, Mid-Ohio, VIR.
So plenty of choices from NA.
Spa is not so flat... And Zadvoort or Imola too...

Yeah the MC12 was really a race car first then turned into a road car (if you could call a car with 1" ground clearance a car! ;)) Whereas the McLaren although very advanced was a road car first. The longtail version might put up a bit of a fight but as Lorenzo says they were from different eras of development in the GT1 class.

I suppose an ideal match for the MC12 is probably the GT1 version of the Porsche 911 or the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 (but I would imagine that's licensed to iRacing).
I think it still might be competitive enough to put the fire on the Zonda R. It depends maybe on who is driving which car
:rolleyes:.

I wanted to mention the C6.R GT1, but that's in iRacing already, the 911 GT1 is not a fair car, the AM DB9 GT1 is in iRacing too (note: Both cars are not iRacing exclusive so they can come to AC soon), the Murciélago can come too, the GT-R GT1 as well or the old Ford GT GT1 but NO ONE MENTIONS ONE SINGLE PARTICULAR CAR...

THE SALEEN
s7r-arrow-slot-12837.jpg

NO LOVE FOR THE SALEEN THEN HUH? Won LeMans already but no love found for this guy huh.
I for one was a great enthusiast of the GT1 series and had the tremendous privilege of watching them at Zolder circuit (which would actually be GREAT to have as laserscanned bonus track). I also communicated regularly and intensive that the former GT1 series would be a lovely contribution for this game. I will NEVER forget about the cars of GT1 and they have a place in my racing heart. You forgot one monument too. ...the infamous 650hp Viper GTS-R
images
or was that the "GT-R" you were referring to? Then I haven't said anything :unsure:

To be fair, the only real redeeming feature of Laguna is the Corkscrew. It doesn't have many overtaking opportunities apart from T1 and the last corner...unless you're suicidal and want to overtake at the Corkscrew...:whistling:

Overrated or not, it's a well known track and a lot of people like it. I am however on the Sebring hype train like others so I understand how people might be disappointed about it.
Road America, always. But my highly speculated guess....Daytona Speedway inner course.

Road America, always. But my highly speculated guess....Daytona Speedway inner course.
Daytona and Indianapolis too... Both oval and road course...
I love European tracks but it will be fun to drive on laserscanned asian, oceania and american tracks too...
In particular the tracks would like are
Suzuka
Fuji
Motegi
Autopolis
Tsukuba
Sugo
Bathurst
Melbourne
Adelaide
Montreal
Philip Island
Albert Park
Eastern Creek
Laguna Seca
Sebring
Road America
Road Atlanta
Daytona
Indianapolis
Watkins Glen

I want a lot of circuits! :D

But if i have to choose 1 circuit from each nation my choices are
Suzuka
Bathurst
Montreal
Laguna Seca

Circuits from the new countries (Malaysia, Abu Dhabi, and so on) are usually ugly computer designed nightmares so i will pass...

so ac gran touring field is looking great:
GTE (GT2) -- 4
-C7.R GTE (v)
-458 GT2 (v)
-M3 GT2 (v)
-glickenhousenburger p4/5 (gt2-ish) (v)

-Porsche 911 GT3 RSR -- hopefully future ac content? :)

GT3 -- 10 (12 confirmed)
-r8 lms ultra 2014(v)
-z4 gt3 (v)
-488 gt3 (v)
-mp4-12c gt3 (v)
-650s gt3 (v)
-sls amg gt3 (v)
-amg gt3 (v)
-huracan gt3 (v)
-gtr nismo gt3 (v)
-glickenhousenburger scg003 (gt3-ish) (v)
-r8 lms 2016 (v soon)
-m6 gt3 (v soon)

-camaro gt3 (mod)
-bently continental gt3 (mod)
-911 gt3 r or 997 gt3 r ---- hopefully future content? :)

GT4 -- 3(5)
-MG MC gt4 (v)
-2-Eleven gt4 (v)
-g55 gt4 (m)
-gt-86 gt4 (v soon)
-cayman gt4 (v soon)

Misfits:
-evora gtc (v)
-evora gx (v)

so even without the questionable gt3 mods.. thats currently 17 car options for a GT mixed class grid! awesomely healthy!
first months next year with confirmed content its gonna be....... 21
and if we are lucky and get a gt3 or a gt2 porsche.. oh yes you that know complicated math know this one---> potentially 23 gt car options ^.^
i know everyone wants this and that.. im just celebrating what we already have!

edit: corrected names and added glickenhousenburgers

Last edited:
GTE (GT2) -- 4
-C7.R GTE (v)
-458 GT2 (v)
-M3 GT2 (v)
-Evora GTE (v)

GT3 -- 9(11)
-r8 lms (v)
-z4 gt3 (v)
-488 gt3 (v)
-mp4-12c gt3 (v)
-650s gt3 (v)
-sls amg gt3 (v)
-amg gt3 (v)
-huracan gt3 (v)
-gtr nismo gt3 (v)
-r8 lms ultra (v soon)
-m6 gt3 (v soon)

-camaro gt3 (mod)

GT4 -- 4(6)
-MG MC gt4 (v)
-evora gtc (v)
-2-Eleven gt4 (v)
-g55 gt4 (m)
-gt-86 gt4 (v soon)
-cayman gt4 (v soon)
Evora is not a racing GTE, its a road car.
I personally would count out the last generation GT3's.
Evora GTC is not a GT4 because its too fast.
Other than that, yeah its looking "more" alright.

I can't believe the poor consideration for Laguna Seca. :confused:
I've always seen the track as a classic; something like a living legend, someway.
Well... i was wrong.

No you were right. Of course it is a classic. It did very well in a poll in the AC forum. But sadly human nature is such that those who are not happy with the choice are more likely to complain than those who are happy are to post.

Evora GTC and Evora GX what class of cars are?
In between everything actually. Though I will have a good look at the AI driving the Evora GX vs MC GT4 vs 2Eleven GT4. Sometimes after about 30min of racing some cars start to overperform and others underperform compared to the starting laps. The GTC Evora is like a GT3.5... it lacks the speed of a GT3 and has too much grip for a GT4. Maybe the VLN races are the most suitable together with the SCG cars though that SCG003 is close to GT2 pace at the right track.

GTE (GT2) -- 4
-C7.R GTE (v)
-458 GT2 (v)
-M3 GT2 (v)
-Evora GTE (v)

GT3 -- 9(11)
-r8 lms (v)
-z4 gt3 (v)
-488 gt3 (v)
-mp4-12c gt3 (v)
-650s gt3 (v)
-sls amg gt3 (v)
-amg gt3 (v)
-huracan gt3 (v)
-gtr nismo gt3 (v)
-r8 lms ultra (v soon)
-m6 gt3 (v soon)

-camaro gt3 (mod)

GT4 -- 4(6)
-MG MC gt4 (v)
-evora gtc (v)
-2-Eleven gt4 (v)
-g55 gt4 (m)
-gt-86 gt4 (v soon)
-cayman gt4 (v soon)

so even without the questionable gt3 mods.. thats currently 17 car options for a GT mixed class grid! awesomely healthy!
first months next year with confirmed content its gonna be....... 21
and if we are lucky and get a gt3 or a gt2 porsche.. oh yes you that know complicated math know this one---> potentially 23 gt car options ^.^
i know everyone wants this and that.. im just celebrating what we already have!

edit: shits i forgot both glickenhousenburgers dont know what categories they are, obviously probably close to gt2 and gt3 but different here and there?
anways if u count them thats 19 current, beginning next year 23 and im feeling lucky->25
Some notes: The Audi GT3 ingame is the 2014 'R8 LMS Ultra'. The GT3-class R8 model previous to 2012 was the 'R8 LMS'. The upcoming 2016 one is again called 'R8 LMS'. The Lotus Evora GTE in AC is actually the road car, not the race car. The Evora GTC (Grand-Am GTC class) and Evora GX (Grand-Am GX class) are both based on the Evora GT4 but faster than GT4 class cars. And in GT4 class the BMW M235i Racing could also be counted (even though irl it's not homologated as a GT4 car I believe). It's slower than the Maserati but about as quick as the 2007 Lotus 2-Eleven GT4. I also found the old DTM cars to be pretty comparable to the GT4, so if you don't mind an unrealistic field that's worth a consideration. You won't get around using ballast to BoP GT4 races online though.

As for mods, you can add the Corvette C6.R (free mod from URD) to the field.

The SCG003C should be comparable to a GT3 car, the P4/5C to a GT2, though I don't know if they're BoP'd as such in AC. Also, LOL at glickenhousenburgers. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back