Assetto Corsa: Porsche, Porsche, Lovely Porsche - More Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images.jpg

Porsche DLC Volume One for Assetto Corsa seems to be getting closer, and once again another little preview image has been released by Marco Massarutto, showing a rather blurred shot of "one Hypercar, two GT cars, one GTR car, three historical race cars".

Fans of the genre are chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, a game that proclaims to be a thoroughbred racing simulator, and feel what the power of what Kunos simulation can do with the German marque. Coming in the form of three separate DLC release packages, containing 21 cars and three separate free vehicles, the first volume looks (although somewhat out of focus) to be a big release for the studio.

Although no cars and allocations to each pack have been revealed, it should be a bit of fun to look at the above picture and take a judgement on what's on show. Its a fair assumption that the above images show at least some of the first volume package, and it looks to be a good one!

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions. Join in with our community, download a mod or two and even better, have a race in one of our epic club and league racing events!

How many times can I ask the same question in a new way? Porsche, its coming soon, its exciting, are you excited? Looking at the pictures, can you tell which cars are shown? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You sure about that?? ;)
Just think of this from the cockpit of the 917/30 hehe.
*****wont let me post the link with the time code embedded - skip to 3:31 to start the in car hotlap*****

The old TV commercials were very interesting! Totally different mindset back then...

Laguna is my favorite track of all time, in every game, and this video was really cool - thx!

HA! I already have the 3.2 mod installed - started with 3.0, updated w/ 3.1 > 3.2!!!
I thought the mod showed in the GTR2 menu but actually found a shortcut in a sub folder.
Anyhoo... this car is a lot more fun than the MX5, so that is saying something! ;)

I think I am one of the very few who have (since they were being sold in the '70's) thought that the 914 was a beautiful car. No, they do not have engines behind the rear axles, yes they have the VW chassis, etc...

But they were true mid-engined sports cars that were very capable of beating cars in the same class. The lines were clean and they had a low stance. The only detractor, visually, was their narrow tires.

Every iteration after made the car better. There was a guy in my neighborhood who would take a 914, drop in a flat six, put a 930 nose on it, stuff huge tires on it and cover them up with group 5 bulges then slap a carerra-type rear wing on them. He called it the 914 Scorpion and sold a handful of them. They were put together beautifully and professionally with clean lines.

This was not a garage mod. I know of one that was fairly successful in the local SCCA racing scene for awhile.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%