Assetto Corsa: Porsche, Porsche, Lovely Porsche - More Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images.jpg

Porsche DLC Volume One for Assetto Corsa seems to be getting closer, and once again another little preview image has been released by Marco Massarutto, showing a rather blurred shot of "one Hypercar, two GT cars, one GTR car, three historical race cars".

Fans of the genre are chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, a game that proclaims to be a thoroughbred racing simulator, and feel what the power of what Kunos simulation can do with the German marque. Coming in the form of three separate DLC release packages, containing 21 cars and three separate free vehicles, the first volume looks (although somewhat out of focus) to be a big release for the studio.

Although no cars and allocations to each pack have been revealed, it should be a bit of fun to look at the above picture and take a judgement on what's on show. Its a fair assumption that the above images show at least some of the first volume package, and it looks to be a good one!

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions. Join in with our community, download a mod or two and even better, have a race in one of our epic club and league racing events!

How many times can I ask the same question in a new way? Porsche, its coming soon, its exciting, are you excited? Looking at the pictures, can you tell which cars are shown? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
:cry: Old tracks are the best tracks (especially yours)!
I agree I prefer old tracks too, but I need a slight change of pace. Rebuilding old tracks is incredibly hard to do accurately. I need to switch it up so I don't get burnt out. My next track has already been announced in other threads and it's very off topic for this one already. I'll just say it is a small club track and shouldn't take very long to build.

... Classic cars need classic layouts because they where actually built for the track type of the day. It honestly makes zero sense to be driving these cars on modern billiard smooth clinically clean renditions of sorta-race tracks :)

oh boy .... tell this to the ACO officials and/or organisers of Le Mans Classic. And while we're at it, tell this also to the guys from the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. :rolleyes:

Couldn't identify. What track is this? Very interesting.

RIR or Riverside International Raceway, as noted in a prior post. It was also on the NASCAR Winston Cup calendar in the shorter version, along with being used in other series such as TRANS-AM.

I have this track for AC and want to point out the accuracy of the surroundings. I live in the area now. When I first got the track I got onto the highest point and stopped the car. I then took a look around and I can say that the surrounding terrain is a near exact match for the real thing.

There are a few things missing, such as the M (for Moreno Valley, the city that was built on and around the old site) on Box Springs Mountian (the highest point to the NE of the old track.). Just sitting at that virtual spot and seeing a representation of the area as it once was, was cool.

RIR or Riverside International Raceway, as noted in a prior post. It was also on the NASCAR Winston Cup calendar in the shorter version, along with being used in other series such as TRANS-AM.

I have this track for AC and want to point out the accuracy of the surroundings. I live in the area now. When I first got the track I got onto the highest point and stopped the car. I then took a look around and I can say that the surrounding terrain is a near exact match for the real thing.

There are a few things missing, such as the M (for Moreno Valley, the city that was built on and around the old site) on Box Springs Mountian (the highest point to the NE of the old track.). Just sitting at that virtual spot and seeing a representation of the area as it once was, was cool.
The M is there in 0.8. It was always there just wasn't quite aligned correctly.

oh boy .... tell this to the ACO officials and/or organisers of Le Mans Classic. And while we're at it, tell this also to the guys from the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. :rolleyes:

Phew here we go.... again with a pointless counter argument (yours) to a non-argument statement (mine) that was made... so just for the pedantic folks in the audience let me literally spell it out....

In. the. context. of. a. driving. simulator. slash. game. where. time. travel. IS. possible. and. it. IS. possible. to. visit. venues. in. there. historic. layouts. - Classic cars need classic layouts because they where actually built for the track type of the day. It honestly makes zero sense to be driving these cars (such as these upcoming Porsches) on modern billiard smooth clinically clean renditions of sorta-race tracks.

Honesty, Mapu, why would you even need to go there? Just to see your own words in type?

In real life it is NOT possible to run the 1973 layout of Laguna Seca in 2016... Uhm, mostly because 2016 is not 1973. So if you happen to own a 917/30 you are, well sort of obligated to drive the car on a modern surface/layout since that's all you have access to and for this reason real life modern historic series run on, shock - horror - modern circuits.

Its this is the type of pendatisism that gets very tiring defending oneself against and whyI sometimes just avoid the entire online scene for months at a time.

hehehe

Phew here we go.... again with a pointless counter argument (yours) to a non-argument statement (mine) that was made... so just for the pedantic folks in the audience let me literally spell it out....

In. the. context. of. a. driving. simulator. slash. game. where. time. travel. IS. possible. and. it. IS. possible. to. visit. venues. in. there. historic. layouts. - Classic cars need classic layouts because they where actually built for the track type of the day. It honestly makes zero sense to be driving these cars (such as these upcoming Porsches) on modern billiard smooth clinically clean renditions of sorta-race tracks.

Honesty, Mapu, why would you even need to go there? Just to see your own words in type?

In real life it is NOT possible to run the 1973 layout of Laguna Seca in 2016... Uhm, mostly because 2016 is not 1973. So if you happen to own a 917/30 you are, well sort of obligated to drive the car on a modern surface/layout since that's all you have access to and for this reason real life modern historic series run on, shock - horror - modern circuits.

Its this is the type of pendatisism that gets very tiring defending oneself against and whyI sometimes just avoid the entire online scene for months at a time.

hehehe

Relax mate, I'm sure we'd all love to race the vintage cars on the vintage tracks but we can only take what we get. It might make "zero sense" to you, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, but I'm going to be happy to just get my virtual hands on them regardless of if it's on a modern or vintage track. I certainly wouldn't want them to hold these vintage beauties back while they make some vintage track layouts for us to race them on (lord knows how long that could take). That being said, I can't wait to hoon that 917 around Riverside. For the modern tracks I'll just pretend I'm at a SVRA event. :)

Relax mate, I'm sure we'd all love to race the vintage cars on the vintage tracks but we can only take what we get. It might make "zero sense" to you, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, but I'm going to be happy to just get my virtual hands on them regardless of if it's on a modern or vintage track. I certainly wouldn't want them to hold these vintage beauties back while they make some vintage track layouts for us to race them on (lord knows how long that could take). That being said, I can't wait to hoon that 917 around Riverside. For the modern tracks I'll just pretend I'm at a SVRA event. :)
For sure I am not rejecting the vintage Porsches :) Looking forward to them - just sharing my opinion about the layouts these cars beg for - so thankfully we have Riverside et al to get us going ::)

sorry but what a lot of rubbish. but if you like to restrict yourself, you're free to do so. I'm saving any comment about that pedantic part just saying that you have to make it clear about what you're talking.:unsure:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%