Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 1 - 918 Spyder Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche 918 Spyder.png

Kunos Simulazioni have released a short 1 minute 40 second trailer of the upcoming Porsche 918 Spyder, due to form part of the Porsche Volume One DLC for Assetto Corsa.

In just five short days Porsche will make its return to the world of sim racing in Assetto Corsa following a 12 year absence, as the Italian development team look to release their opening DLC offering containing the famous German manufacturer. With seven cars due to be released as part of the Volume One DLC, and a further 17 vehicles from Stuttgart to follow, those five days can't come soon enough for many.

In order to ease the wait, Kunos have released a delightful trailer for the 918 Spyder, showing off the beautiful (in some people's eyes anyway) machine as it tears round Assetto Corsa's laserscanned Nordschleife, a circuit that the real life 918 lapped in under seven minutes, impressive by anyone's standards.

The full release statement and video can be seen below. Porsche DLC Volume One will contain the following vehicles: 911 Carrera S, 935 Moby Dick, 918 Spyder, Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 718 Cayman S, 917/30 and the 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 from 1974.

The Porsche Panamera G2 and a 1960's version of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit will be added t to Assetto Corsa as free content in conjunction with the upcoming update to the game, expected to be release at a similar time as the Porsche Volume One DLC.

"After more than 12 years away from the hardcore sim-racing world, the Porsche Brand is coming to Assetto Corsa, as part of three DLC packages. The first of these packs, the Porsche Pack Volume 1, introduces some of the most iconic Porsche cars ever created, coupled with some of the most recent models of the Porsche 2016 line-up, with the aim to offer a perfect mix between road cars, hypercars, as well as modern and historic GT and racing models.

Let us introduce you to the 9...18 Spyder, which embodies the essence of the Porsche idea: it combines pedigree motor racing technology with excellent everyday utility, and maximum performance with minimum consumption.

The main source of propulsion is the 4.6-litre, eight cylinder engine that produces 608 hp (447 kW) of power. The engine is derived directly from the power unit of the successful RS Spyder, which explains why it can deliver engine speeds of up to 9,150 rpm. Because of its parallel hybrid configuration, the 918 Spyder can be powered at the rear axle either individually by the combustion engine or electric motors or via both drives jointly, thus giving it a total power of 887 hp (652 kW). The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h is performed within 2.6 seconds, and the top speed is reached at 345 km/h.

The 918 Spyder has conquered the 20.6-kilometre lap around the Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than seven minutes. Achieving a time of exactly six minutes and 57 seconds, the super sportscar shaved an incredible 14 seconds off the previous record."

Porsche 918 Spyder

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The Porsche Pack Volume 1, containing 7 Porsche vehicles is scheduled for release on October 25th for PC, then in November on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. Check out our many downloads, pick from a range of custom setups and come join in the fun in one of our spectacular racing club and league events!

Do you like the look of the Porsche 918 Spyder? Looking forward to Volume 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this but crikey these guys are getting as bad as Sector3 with the teasing us routine! :laugh:

I would rather them tease than do nothing like ISI, or Reiza that just shows someone playing a game on their rig, in which you can't see the product they are trying to sell, keep doing what you are doing Kunos, having excitement over your product is better than no excitement at all, it's called modern day marketing it works.

[And no this isn't having a go at you Andrew Harper]

I would rather them tease than do nothing like ISI, or Reiza that just shows someone playing a game on their rig, in which you can't see the product they are trying to sell, keep doing what you are doing Kunos, having excitement over your product is better than no excitement at all, it's called modern day marketing it works.

[And no this isn't having a go at you Andrew Harper]

So according to you, in a racing simulation, a "teaser video" of 1 minute with few clips here and there shows more than a physics expert driving the cars, explaining the handling and its characteristics, etc.

To be clear, I am fine with these teasing videos, but your comment is a joke...

So according to you, in a racing simulation, a "teaser video" of 1 minute with few clips here and there shows more than a physics expert driving the cars, explaining the handling and its characteristics, etc.

To be clear, I am fine with these teasing videos, but your comment is a joke...

So according to me IS your opinion, maybe ISI and reiza should learn from the other developers when it comes to marketing their product, I wasn't on about a video I'm talking about the complete marketing of a complete product, full game or dlc...Physics expert where?

So according to me IS your opinion, maybe ISI and reiza should learn from the other developers when it comes to marketing their product, I wasn't on about a video I'm talking about the complete marketing of a complete product, full game or dlc...Physics expert where?

That is totally unrelated to what you originally said. You claimed that you can't see the product when Reiza shows "someone playing on his rig" (Niels), compared to this AC video.

It looks nice indeed, but nothing beats Moby! :D That iconic shape and power is hard to beat hehe. How fun does this not look? (1:56 race starts):

You know you've been playing AC too much, when at 8:35 in this video you keep expecting to see big red letters stating 'slow down to 21 mph before the end of the current lap'. :D

Last edited:
in which you can't see the product they are trying to sell
Implying that how it drives, how it behaves and performs, and the physics and background that goes into it are immaterial next to seeing a high quality render of the badge in slow mo with generic hype music playing in the background.

Weird comment. I was also just thinking I wished I could watch someone do a talk and drive like how Niels does it for the new cars. The 918 sounds so interesting with all its electronics underneath it could make for a great talk and drive by the guy behind that aspect of it.

teaser video is there to tease, .. not to explain how physics works, ..just saying

Exactly Patrik Marek and well said, when a game doesn't have anything more to offer in interesting content that no body is interested in, you cant market physics in a video, that's not going to get potential customers interested and excited that they are going to want to spend money, show your content don't hide behind it unless your ashamed of how it looks in a video.

I like teasers. I like to see what I'm maybe going to buy before paying. It's like film trailers.

What's wrong with people criticizing ALL? If you don't want to, don't play the vid. I still haven't seen it, and screenshots are on steam, so not like they are teasing but exposing their product to sell it as much as they can. And is Porsche, everybody pretty much wanted this since years ago.

I like teasers. I like to see what I'm maybe going to buy before paying. It's like film trailers.

What's wrong with people criticizing ALL? If you don't want to, don't play the vid. I still haven't seen it, and screenshots are on steam, so not like they are teasing but exposing their product to sell it as much as they can. And is Porsche, everybody pretty much wanted this since years ago.

Nobody has criticized the video.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years