Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche .jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have, by way of Kunos own Marco Massarutto, revealed a pair of new preview images from the upcoming Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa, as well as confirming the Black Cat County track and Maserati Levante as free console downloads.

Can you tell what car is featured on the two images in this article? I'm no Porsche expert but I think I might already know... what do you think?

In other AC news, the studio have confirmed the upcoming patch for the console edition of the game will include the fantasy Black Cat County circuit, a twisting road section set in impressive rugged countryside and featuring sweeping turns protected by unforgiving steel Armco barriers. A familiar, and popular, circuit in the PC version of the game.

AC Black Cat County.jpg

As well as a the substantial list of promised bug fixes and improvements to the console version of AC, Kunos have also confirmed the upcoming update will make available the Maserati Levante free to players, another vehicle already available in the PC version of the title. The Levante is the new 3.0L V6 Sports Utility Vehicle from Italian supercar manufacturer Maserati. New for 2016 and pitched at an impressively expensive £50,000 - £60,000 price point, the car does actually produce a very interest driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

With plenty of new, free, content coming to console and a wide range of fixes designed to improve the playing experience, Assetto Corsa fans have plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

PC fans need not worry, Kunos are hard at work on a new build for the game and of course the much anticipated Porsche DLC packages will be heading to the sim in the near future.

The first Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC package is due to hit the sim this Autumn.

AC Porsche.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, mods, racing clubs and everything Assetto Corsa related.

Looking forward to Porsche joining the sim? Which car do you want to see the most? Will you be purchasing the season pass, or waiting to find out what will be contained in each pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
More cooks don't make a better meal... and even with parallel work someone still needs to manage all that. There are very good reasons for keeping work teams small.

Yes, a track takes a lot longer to make, takes much more resources than one car, laserscanning is expensive and licensing is also to factor in.

"60s" Monza is scanned, as in: the parts of the old circuit as they were a few years ago, unchanged and out in the elements for decades. Obviously not how it was in the 60s but as close as possible. And the sopraelevata has since been refurbished anyway.

So to summarise that's a no to more tracks as its cheaper to keep churning out many cars from the same manufacture. Fair enough, if that's the business model. I will still end up buying the DLC.

Classic Silverstone better be scanned or I want a refund.

Now that made me smile :)

Right, so it's only half-fulfilling their own tagline of "your racing simulator". Look, I don't mind having some street cars, but 50% focus on street cars is over-the-top. I also don't care whether the race cars are fast or slow... I thoroughly enjoy SpecMiata and Formula Vee. But, please, to call a sim with 50% street cars "your racing simulator" is a joke. As it stands, it is much closer to "your supercar fantasy trackday hotlap simulator".

I can't help but think you're a bit of a doofus for being so attached to and in turn triggered by simple marketing taglines. Sorry. If you want sims filled to the brim with racing cars then we live in a time where there are very many wonderful options on the market to fulfill your heart's desires. Every game on the market does not have to be a clone of one another, AC's uniqueness lies in it's varied street car roster. And a simple reminder would be that you do not constitute the entirety of simracing player base, many enjoy driving street cars just as much as you enjoy purpose built race cars. And you can organize races with street cars in game, the fact that you do not do that personally and only hotlap with them does not mean the tagline is irrelevant. Let it go.

Right, so it's only half-fulfilling their own tagline of "your racing simulator". Look, I don't mind having some street cars, but 50% focus on street cars is over-the-top. I also don't care whether the race cars are fast or slow... I thoroughly enjoy SpecMiata and Formula Vee. But, please, to call a sim with 50% street cars "your racing simulator" is a joke. As it stands, it is much closer to "your supercar fantasy trackday hotlap simulator".

And what is wrong with that? The real costs of tracking your real-life car adds up (the faster the car the more expensive it gets consumable wise) and not all of us are interested in quitting our day jobs to become aspiring race car drivers and as such don't religiously race every online series that comes up, so why not hot lap in cool and fast street cars as well as the odd race car?

But, please, to call a sim with 50% street cars "your racing simulator" is a joke.
But please, to word a rant without actually being aware of the meaning is also a joke... "Racing" is an activity, not a car class. You can race in swimming, running, riding a bike, driving a car of any kind, flying planes, etc. It describes the competitive attitude of what you do, and sure you can be racing ANYTHING. If they put a trolley in there, the slogan would still be valid. ;)

(Trivia: Originally "racing" had the sole meaning of running horses against each other)

Also, in theory, more than half of the race cars are simply street cars tuned to a regulated standard. There are not that many purpose built ones in the game outside of prototypes and open-wheelers.

And on a personal note, I'm happy for everyone enjoying GT3, good for you, keep on. I'll always choose an F40, X-Bow or RX-7 instead and ride those raw, mechanical beasts with an H-pattern and heel'n'toe against similar minded masochists. ;)

Last edited:
But please, to word a rant without actually being aware of the meaning is also a joke... "Racing" is an activity, not a car class. You can race in swimming, running, riding a bike, driving a car of any kind, flying planes, etc. It describes the competitive attitude of what you do, and sure you can be racing ANYTHING. If they put a trolley in there, the slogan would still be valid. ;)
The funny thing is that it's literally impossible to race with street cars in real life because your brakes would be gone after a few laps. Unfortunately Assetto Corsa doesn't simulate that...

The funny thing is that it's literally impossible to race with street cars in real life because your brakes would be gone after a few laps. Unfortunately Assetto Corsa doesn't simulate that...
Now that's a feature issue, not marketing related, and one I'd really like to see implemented. Being able to take care of your brake wear and temps is a skillset on its own. AFAIK they have it on their to-do list. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for you and the few who agreed with your post, in fact AC does simulate brake temps. It's not implemented for all cars yet, but it is for some and in any event the code is present.

Furthermore, brake fade does not categorically eliminate the possibility of racing.

Last edited:
Here is a cool post from Aris facebook about the 918:
Aristotelis Vasilakos
Nerd alert!
Things journalists will never tell you: So how can the 918 keep up with other hypercars of its era (can't say names) while lower in power, heavier, with probably less downforce?

Well, those cars major limitation is tyre grip. So being AWD gives tremendous traction and that helps a LOT.
But there's a tiny detail that I've never seen anywhere written which I think you might like to know. The front electric engine of the 918 is directly connected to the wheels (ok there's a final ratio, but that's it). So there are minimal losses in the torque delivery.

So the 918 has 886bhp, but a bigger percentage of this number arrives at the wheels. So if we measure the direct at the wheels power of each car, the 918 is not last anymore, it might be on par or even the best of the lot. Sure it is a bit heavier and maybe has a bit less downforce, but the AWD makes up for that, plus it also has some extra hidden cards to play...

Unfortunately for you and the few who agreed with your post, in fact AC does simulate brake temps. It's not implemented for all cars yet, but it is for some and in any event the code is present.
Unfortunately, it's only implemented for 3 cars right now. I even tested it with the Maserati Levante when it was released and managed to bring up the brake temperatures to 600°C after a few laps in Monza, but braking distances were still the same...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%