Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche .jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have, by way of Kunos own Marco Massarutto, revealed a pair of new preview images from the upcoming Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa, as well as confirming the Black Cat County track and Maserati Levante as free console downloads.

Can you tell what car is featured on the two images in this article? I'm no Porsche expert but I think I might already know... what do you think?

In other AC news, the studio have confirmed the upcoming patch for the console edition of the game will include the fantasy Black Cat County circuit, a twisting road section set in impressive rugged countryside and featuring sweeping turns protected by unforgiving steel Armco barriers. A familiar, and popular, circuit in the PC version of the game.

AC Black Cat County.jpg

As well as a the substantial list of promised bug fixes and improvements to the console version of AC, Kunos have also confirmed the upcoming update will make available the Maserati Levante free to players, another vehicle already available in the PC version of the title. The Levante is the new 3.0L V6 Sports Utility Vehicle from Italian supercar manufacturer Maserati. New for 2016 and pitched at an impressively expensive £50,000 - £60,000 price point, the car does actually produce a very interest driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

With plenty of new, free, content coming to console and a wide range of fixes designed to improve the playing experience, Assetto Corsa fans have plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

PC fans need not worry, Kunos are hard at work on a new build for the game and of course the much anticipated Porsche DLC packages will be heading to the sim in the near future.

The first Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC package is due to hit the sim this Autumn.

AC Porsche.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, mods, racing clubs and everything Assetto Corsa related.

Looking forward to Porsche joining the sim? Which car do you want to see the most? Will you be purchasing the season pass, or waiting to find out what will be contained in each pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Oh, well now you've really got me on your side of the argument. :rolleyes:

I'm just pulling your leg m80, you were the one making it sound like they somehow wasted the license by including a free novelty car. They did say the MC12 GT1 is in the works so as far as I'm concerned the Maserati license is doing just fine. And it's not like that Levante is the last Maserati to be included in the game so why care so much? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or do you want them to not hold their end of the deal for the license because you get offended by an free SUV. :D

EDIT- Like I said, (and I repeat again) according to Kunos it was just a thing Maserati asked them to make thereby it exists in the game. And that's why my remark of "it was not made for you" in this case "YOU" includes me as well, because it was not made with it's general "sim racing appeal" in mind because it was a (repeating again) MANUFACTURER REQUEST. You were so busy getting offended by my silly jab that you seemed to have glossed over my (repeating again) "requested by Maserati" line.

Last edited:
Lets not trudge into cliche internet territory where we start hauling out those loaded and silly terms like offended when we're talking about people with nothing but differing views on things.

A discussion I had with a friend yesterday was about which modern 911 race car we'd like the most.
  1. 911 RSR
  2. 911 GT3-R
  3. 911 GT3 Cup
  1. Surely it would be nice to have a modern competitor for the Corvette C7R, so the RSR would be sweet in that regard. However, the GT2/GTE category is so mixed up in AC already that I don't think yet another GTE era needs to be presented.
  2. We already have tons of GT3 cars and I am still waiting for the Lambo Gallardo GT3, so personally I don't think the GT3-R would add a lot of value.
  3. Well, this would be a sweet sweet addition to AC in my opinion. Filling the gap between GT3 and GT4 nicely and the GT3 Cup is of course THE cup car when talking about spec series around the globe. Having driven the absolutely lovely "Assetto991" (afaik) somewhat semi-ripped GT3 Cup car, I would love to get an official Porsche cup racer. The car could even be a great addition to all the GT3 leagues out there where the fast guys keep racing favourite GT3 cars and the folks with less time to invest in setups etc. could drive the GT3 Cup car havig a more equal playing field, yet driving a proper GT car.
However, realisticly the GT3 Cup seems the least likely, I reckon. :(

Last edited:
A discussion I had with a friend yesterday was about which modern 911 race car we'd like the most.
  1. 911 RSR
  2. 911 GT3-R
  3. 911 GT3 Cup
  1. Surely it would be nice to have a modern competitor for the Corvette C7R, so the RSR would be sweet in that regard. However, the GT2/GTE category is so mixed up in AC already that I don't think yet another GTE era needs to be presented.
  2. We already have tons of GT3 cars and I am still waiting for the Lambo Gallardo GT3, so personally I don't think the GT3-R would add a lot of value.
  3. Well, this would be a sweet sweet addition to AC in my opinion. Filling the gap between GT3 and GT4 nicely and the GT3 Cup is of course THE cup car when talking about spec series around the globe. Having driven the absolutely lovely "Assetto991" (afaik) somewhat semi-ripped GT3 Cup car, I would love to get an official Porsche cup racer. The car could even be a great addition to all the GT3 leagues out there where the fast guys keep racing favourite GT3 cars and the folks with less time to invest in setups etc. could drive the GT3 Cup car havig a more equal playing field, yet driving a proper GT car.

that's just your opinion... :D

-snip-
MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.
Read our Terms of Service again before you post in our Forum !!

I am an assetto Corsa fan boy, Hell I own every current driving game I eagerly buy every single DLC I cant help it i'am an addict, however my opinion is 24 Porsche is over the top. I would rather have a few extra circuits, lets not forget ZANDVOORT is not laser scanned and I also have a sneaky feeling the the 60's MONZA is not scanned.

In answer to your -snip- comment if I could I would provide the laser scanned data. Unfortunately I work 40 hours a week to feed my family and do not have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
new track before 2017, they said it takes them months to finish 1 track, because they simply refuse to hire more employees.
More cooks don't make a better meal... and even with parallel work someone still needs to manage all that. There are very good reasons for keeping work teams small.

So we are going to get a flood of Porsche in Assetto Corsa, big deal. how about more tracks or is this a radical idea.
Yes, a track takes a lot longer to make, takes much more resources than one car, laserscanning is expensive and licensing is also to factor in.

I am an assetto Corsa fan boy, Hell I own every current driving game I eagerly buy every single DLC I cant help it i'am an addict, however my opinion is 24 Porsche is over the top.
You'd miss out on that partnership with Porsche and opportunity to put as many cars of that brand as possible in your sim after such a long absence from much of the racing game market? Interesting.

I would rather have a few extra circuits, lets not forget ZANDVOORT is not laser scanned and I also have a sneaky feeling the the 60's MONZA is not scanned.
"60s" Monza is scanned, as in: the parts of the old circuit as they were a few years ago, unchanged and out in the elements for decades. Obviously not how it was in the 60s but as close as possible. And the sopraelevata has since been refurbished anyway.

1. 911 RSR
  2. 911 GT3-R
  3. 911 GT3 Cup
A 911 Cup car (no specifics) has been mentioned by Marco on Stefano's livestream.

Last edited:
Porsche has a great list of modern and classic race and road cars. 10 are not enough. And pretty sure after they release all the 24 (21 with dlc, 3 free) there will be people who wanted a different one or something like that. A good selection of 24 probably will cover any racing/car enthusiast.

One look at AC car list and you see an pretty even split of race and street cars.

Right, so it's only half-fulfilling their own tagline of "your racing simulator". Look, I don't mind having some street cars, but 50% focus on street cars is over-the-top. I also don't care whether the race cars are fast or slow... I thoroughly enjoy SpecMiata and Formula Vee. But, please, to call a sim with 50% street cars "your racing simulator" is a joke. As it stands, it is much closer to "your supercar fantasy trackday hotlap simulator".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back