Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche .jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have, by way of Kunos own Marco Massarutto, revealed a pair of new preview images from the upcoming Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa, as well as confirming the Black Cat County track and Maserati Levante as free console downloads.

Can you tell what car is featured on the two images in this article? I'm no Porsche expert but I think I might already know... what do you think?

In other AC news, the studio have confirmed the upcoming patch for the console edition of the game will include the fantasy Black Cat County circuit, a twisting road section set in impressive rugged countryside and featuring sweeping turns protected by unforgiving steel Armco barriers. A familiar, and popular, circuit in the PC version of the game.

AC Black Cat County.jpg

As well as a the substantial list of promised bug fixes and improvements to the console version of AC, Kunos have also confirmed the upcoming update will make available the Maserati Levante free to players, another vehicle already available in the PC version of the title. The Levante is the new 3.0L V6 Sports Utility Vehicle from Italian supercar manufacturer Maserati. New for 2016 and pitched at an impressively expensive £50,000 - £60,000 price point, the car does actually produce a very interest driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

With plenty of new, free, content coming to console and a wide range of fixes designed to improve the playing experience, Assetto Corsa fans have plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

PC fans need not worry, Kunos are hard at work on a new build for the game and of course the much anticipated Porsche DLC packages will be heading to the sim in the near future.

The first Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC package is due to hit the sim this Autumn.

AC Porsche.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, mods, racing clubs and everything Assetto Corsa related.

Looking forward to Porsche joining the sim? Which car do you want to see the most? Will you be purchasing the season pass, or waiting to find out what will be contained in each pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
They can hardly make it everyone's racing simulator if they start leaving out cars just cause 1 person doesn't want them... I mean, if the content list was up to me, there would be no formula 1 past 1968.

Assetto corsa now days:

Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console Console
You do realise it's only just come out on console and they still only have the base pack of cars and tracks? Of course kunos are going to get the stuff they have released for us Yonks ago ready for release for the console players now as it makes business sense. We've had tonnes of releases and a huge amount of mods to keep us occupied. Considering the age of the game we're lucky they are still releasing stuff for us!

Are you talking about the Maserati SUV or about road cars in Porsche dlc? The Porsche dlcs are made of race cars and road cars, in both types with older and modern cars.
The Maserati Levante was a free car, and so far the rest of Maserati in the game are race cars, the GT4 and the classic f1.

What if it was just Assetto Corsa and no tag line, what would you pick to use as bad sarcasm?
"your racing simulator" was the line that baited me into it, since I was playing GTR2 almost daily, but oh the dissapointment.

now, it seems that all the trouble Kunos is going through with the console versions of AC will slow down PC's development.

Except there's a completely new and different team working on the console version, everyone that worked on the PC version is still working on the PC version and only the PC version. Stefano helps the console guys a little bit but he said he mostly leaves them to it so the console should have no real affect on PC development.

"your racing simulator" was the line that baited me into it, since I was playing GTR2 almost daily, but oh the dissapointment.

Well, that is kindda naive to judge anything by that, isn´t it? :)
I wouldn´t care if it was called "Wheel Simulator 3000 - Your Play 4 Laughs Game", I was still only brought into AC by the tech preview.
Still, coming also from GTR2 and Race07, surely miss/missed many of those features from those titles.

Except there's a completely new and different team working on the console version, everyone that worked on the PC version is still working on the PC version and only the PC version. Stefano helps the console guys a little bit but he said he mostly leaves them to it so the console should have no real affect on PC development.

ok, I didn't know that....let's see what development is like from now on...I'd expect an update in Sept for PC...that would do nicely assuming the bring the new tires to more cars!

ok, I didn't know that....let's see what development is like from now on...I'd expect an update in Sept for PC...that would do nicely assuming the bring the new tires to more cars!

If you watch Stefano's last live stream (it's on his YouTube channel) he goes into some detail about who's working on what and how development will progress from here. There's some interesting stuff, like the fact that since AC console is basically on v1.4 they're kinda having to go back to the old files and "relearn" how they made things work. Going forward things will be developed for the PC and console at the same time so eventually they won't have to do any of that "reverse engineering" of the old version and that will speed things up.

The first Porsche DLC is scheduled for this month and we would presume that an update will come with it. I believe in the stream he also talks about why the new tires didn't make it to the GT3's as planned in the most recent update, Aris noticed something at the last minute that he didn't like so they decided to spend a bit more time on it. Same with the AI momentary disabling of stability control to make them get loose, he had it ready to go but noticed something at the last minute that wasn't quite working right and decided to delay it.

If you watch Stefano's last live stream (it's on his YouTube channel) he goes into some detail about who's working on what and how development will progress from here. There's some interesting stuff, like the fact that since AC console is basically on v1.4 they're kinda having to go back to the old files and "relearn" how they made things work. Going forward things will be developed for the PC and console at the same time so eventually they won't have to do any of that "reverse engineering" of the old version and that will speed things up.

The first Porsche DLC is scheduled for this month and we would presume that an update will come with it. I believe in the stream he also talks about why the new tires didn't make it to the GT3's as planned in the most recent update, Aris noticed something at the last minute that he didn't like so they decided to spend a bit more time on it. Same with the AI momentary disabling of stability control to make them get loose, he had it ready to go but noticed something at the last minute that wasn't quite working right and decided to delay it.
Future looks promise then!!! so stability control is meant to get the AI off the rails...I like that...nothing really happens in longer races with the AI, so this should be a nice improvement.

Given that in addition to your much-welcome PR activities you also seem like a regular player, how many hours have you spent dwelling in this particular disappointment? :)
Oh I play only when I want to hotlap around Nords or beat AI on every single track by 20 seconds in a 5 lap race on hardest %, which is a shame, I'll see if I can upload a funny AI video.

so stability control is meant to get the AI off the rails...I like that...nothing really happens in longer races with the AI, so this should be a nice improvement.

I believe the objective is for them to make more random mistakes, including getting sideways, and also when they make contact with other cars. They always have SC on but the momentary deactivation of it during an "event" will cause them to get loose.

Oh I play only when I want to hotlap around Nords or beat AI on every single track by 20 seconds in a 5 lap race on hardest %, which is a shame, I'll see if I can upload a funny AI video.

Have you tried Content Manager? I think you can crank the AI over 100% so they can keep up with your alien skills.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%