Assetto Corsa: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Introduction

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol 1 Cayman.jpg

Tomorrow we will finally have the Porsche brand represented in a "hardcore" racing simulation title, as Kunos Simulazioni welcomes the first of three Porsche DLC packages to Assetto Corsa. To help build anticipation of the new release, let us introduce you to the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport...

Vehicle
  • Vehicle type: Single-seater racing car, based on series production (fittings for installation of a 2nd seat in place)
  • Body Weight-optimised lightweight body in intelligent aluminium-steel hybrid construction based on the Cayman GT4 (Type 981)
  • On-board systems Battery 12 V / 70 Ah battery in the passenger compartment
  • Control systems Slick tyre-compatible electronic stability program, Bosch ABS with 12 adjustment levels, traction control
Power transmission
  • Drive type Rear wheel drive
  • Transmission 6-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with optimised shift application
  • Differential Racing-specific, mechanical rear differential lock
Drive unit
  • Combustion engine Flat-six engine, adopted from the Cayman GT4
  • Engine management Continental SDI 9 – engine control module
  • Engine lubrication Integrated dry sump with Mobil1 motor oil
  • Displacement 3,800 cm³
  • Output 283 kW (385 hp)
Chassis
  • Steering Electromechanical power steering
  • Chassis (front axle) Lightweight spring strut axle with wishbone and tie rod from the 911 GT3 Cup
  • Chassis (rear axle) Lightweight spring strut axle from the Cayman GT4 with modified wishbone from the 911 GT3 Cup
  • Brakes (front) Racing-specific hydraulic 2-circuit brake system, internally vented steel brake discs, D = 380 mm, one-piece 6-piston monobloc fixed callipers
  • Brakes (rear) Racing-specific hydraulic 2-circuit brake system, internally vented steel brake discs, D = 380 mm, one-piece 4-piston monobloc fixed callipers
  • Wheels 5-hole forged wheels
  • Rain tyres Michelin; tyre size: FA: 24/64-18, RA: 27/68-18
  • Slick tyres Michelin; tyre size: FA: 25/64-18, RA: 27/68-18

From the official video introduction:

"Using the lightweight mid-engine sports car Cayman GT4 as its basis, Porsche Motorsport has developed a racing version solely for the track. Geared for performance, just like its drivers.The Cayman GT4 Clubsport is powered by a 3.8 liter mid-mounted flat-six engine, with an output of 385 hp (283 kW) and a maximum torque of 420 Nm. It reaches a top speed of 295 km/h.

Tipping the scales at just 2866 lbs. (1,300 kilograms), the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, delivered from the factory with a welded-in safety cage, a racing bucket seat as well as a six-point harness, is truly lightweight and provides the car with a unique agility and driving dynamics on the track."​

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Introduction Video

Porsche Volume One DLC will contain the following cars:
  • 911 Carrera S,
  • 935 Moby Dick
  • 918 Spyder
  • Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • 718 Cayman S
  • 917/30
  • 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974

Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol 1 DLC Cayman 2.jpg

The Porsche Panamera G2 and a 1960's version of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit will be added to Assetto Corsa as free content in conjunction with the upcoming update to the game, expected to release at a similar time as the Porsche Volume One DLC.

Assetto Corsa Porsche Vol 1 DLC Cayman 3.png

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The Porsche Pack Volume 1, containing 7 Porsche vehicles is scheduled for release on October 25th for PC, then in November on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. Check out our many downloads, pick from a range of custom setups and come join in the fun in one of our spectacular racing club and league events!

Looking forward to one of the best looking GT4 cars for Assetto Corsa? Which of the Volume One DLC cars most tickles your fancy? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
When will forums like this work like Tinder or what ever it's called...Swipe to dislike :roflmao:

Sorry, I am just thinking about all those man hours people have spent on sounds to be totally wiped out in one update. I feel for them

From what I've heard it should be fairly simple for them to update the FMOD kit and be all done. I don't think they will have to re-do all the man hours of making the sounds. I could be wrong though, I don't know anything about how all that works. But if you're going to be a modder for AC you should go into it knowing that some update down the road could cause you to have to update your mod and re-upload it.

We used to have "dislike" buttons here, they were abused and the parents had to take them away from us. :unsure:

Yes, Steam lists November 22nd and December 20th as release dates for vol. II & III. Maybe they are able to release something in between as well but I wouldn't count on it.

And for some reason it seems I'm the only one who doesn't dislike the sounds in Assetto Corsa. Guess people easily forget how bad or non-authentic cars sounded (still sound) in many other titles for the longest time. There's always room for improvement obviously, which is why there's a big audio-related changelog for 1.9.
awesome, that soon!!

haven't heared the new sounds yet but imo KS is still improving this title
slowly but steady, so i have good hopes!

Looking very much like its all going to be tomorrow the Porsche pass & the First pack. just hope the severs do not get over loaded with the demand for this first Porsche , has there is nothing more irritating than the steam sales page screwing up , when its been overloaded by people buying a product in large amounts.

This could happen tomorrow has Farm Simulator 2017 hits the market on the 25th to & that is popular game these days....

I think this falls under the category of "1st world problem" :O_o:

If the options are

A) Break mods for potentially notable (current and future) sound improvements (also for modders)
B) Never improve the sound engine

Imo A is better. I love some of the Fonsecker sound mods (some cars can't simply drive without them) and for example Mazda 787B is a great car mod. But still, progress has sometimes it's cost. Modders had 1 week advance this time, to update their work before release. So some of the cars might work from Day 1. Fonsecker has so many sounds, that it's a bit different. Not done in 1 week he said

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 441 39.6%