Assetto Corsa on Steam Greenlight - vote for it!

As everybody knows you can support Asetto Corsa on Steam Greenlight and make it possible for AC to be released on Steam. This should help Kunos Simulazioni further development of the title.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128612208

But the main reason of posting this thread is the fact, that I wanted to share with you some interesting infos from SG forum:

Q:
[DDPH]chunkapie
How did they get liscensing rights for the cars? I mean, how could an indie, steam greenlight title, get liscensing for top notch sports cars? Something doesn't seem right, as cool as it looks.

Kunos Simulazioni
A:
@[DDPH]chunkapie We got the licenses working very hard with great passion. I can assure you the car manufacturers at first didn't even wanted to talk with us, but we insisted and slowly, showing them demo after demo of the game they all started to be interested. We get all our money from old projects, invested on official content. We don't try to be rich, we just love this work and we just want to keep doing what we do. The only way to achieve this is by creating a quality project that people love and buy. No other way around it.

Q:
nosalis
how good will the career be? .. I usually prefer playing alone, then MP .. and I don't want just collect cars

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
There is no career planed for now. All cars will be unlocked from start. You will be able to do championships offline and race weekends, but there is no career. Maybe we will add career scenarios later if everything goes according to plan.

Q:
Zedux 22
how many votes do we have right now Kunos Simulazioni? and how many do we need? I vote yes because it's worth it!

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
We don't have the slightest idea how many votes are needed. Steam doesn't pubblish specific information about this. We just go on and on, hoping to do lot's of noise so that Steam decides AC is worth it.
You support is much appreciated guys.

Q:
Taisent [FR]
French and Linux version ?

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
Sorry no linux version of the game is planed.
French version of the game will be available with v1.0 Also the whole UI is easy to translate by anybody, so virtually all languages could be available in Assetto Corsa with the help of the community.

Q:
sara_bear 24
Wondering if this is get the whole game when you buy or a pay for the cars you want game?

A:
Kunos Simulazioni
@sara_bear Yes this game will have a fixed price and gets you all the cars we have announced for the first version. More additional content will follow, some free, some at a price.

If you find any new infos from Kunos, please post them!

No need to bother, the valve guys are not stupid. Some weeks from now and AC will be greenlit and everything`s fine :D
Actually, whoever designed the Greenlight is by far one of the biggest imbeciles on the game industry. The whole Greenlight system seems like a really lazy, imprecise and convoluted way to decide what games get into Steam, it seems good on paper but in the end you get useless crappy unfinished games accepted while other more deserving games don't. I can only hope this crappy system will actually work in AC's favor.

It's really interesting if getting on steam will be game changer for Kunos.

With AC they should switch from black horse to power horse position within simracing world.
But steam can give them additional edge and with proper marketing open it up for the casual gamers. And that would mean more cash for Kunos - and what more cash for Kunos means everobody knows.

So stupid of steam to allow "No" votes for steamlight, what purpose can they possibly serve apart form trolling and hate votes? I doubt anyone can give a genuine reason for voting no on any game. All that was needed was a flag button for inappropriate stuff so staff can make a review. It's a good system with that one major flaw.

I'll be voting for AC, NKP and iRacing.. when I reinstall steam.

When AC gets onto the Steam system, as it surely will, will there be any option for those of us that wish to purchase AC without having a Steam account inflicted upon them?
Such as a mail-order DVD or something similar maybe?
As interested as I am in Assetto Corsa, I will not be purchasing if Steam is the only option...

I am a Steam n00b, but why must people vote to get a game on it? Can't the developer just decide whether they need it or not?

In other words, if enough people vote no, does that prevent Kunos from loading AC on Steam?

I am a Steam n00b, but why must people vote to get a game on it? Can't the developer just decide whether they need it or not?

In other words, if enough people vote no, does that prevent Kunos from loading AC on Steam?

kunos do not make the decision! it is valve's choice wether they allow a producer to distribute its game via steam or not

So, I'm guessing that AC has at least 800-1000 yes votes by now. Isn't this enough? When will we know?

Does it matter how many "no" votes it gets? If it gets 10,000 yes votes and 1,000,000 no votes, wouldn't steam still offer the game to get those 10,000 sales? I doubt people would stop using steam just because they offer a game that some people didn't want steam to sell. Why do they even have a no vote?

I too hated steam at first. Then, over the years, after re-downloading old games that I wanted to try out again, and realizing that there is no way in heck I would still be in possesion of DVD's for said games after all this time, I started to appreciate it a little.

I love steam. had it for over 5 years now and just started playing Skyrim again.

The workshop is awesome. Just go through the list of mods, hit subscribe of the mod you like and it will do everything automatically and not only that but keep it up to date so you never have to manually download the new version or whatever.
Hoping to see Arma 3 got the same route with mods and AC of course.

I`m a friend of steam too and started supporting it way back with the half-life franchise. Never regretted it. Need a clean new system install? No problem, just download all your games again as many times as you want. As a centralised distribution system for mods and general updates it`s really great too.
Besides, I really think it`s some way to compensate for piracy for the developer...bigger community + lower prices = win win.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%