Assetto Corsa on Console: Prestige Pack Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Prestige Pack.jpg

Following much discussion post console release, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamers will be able to purchase the upcoming Prestige Pack DLC very soon, adding nine new vehicles to the game.

Low in content by comparison to its console rivals, Assetto Corsa was always going to go down the route of multiple DLC packages, and have already announced the first new DLC will come in the form of the Prestige Pack. Featuring nine new cars to the game, such as the recently released to PC players Ferrari 488 GTB and PC free edition Audi A1 S1, the Prestige Pack for console is a mixed bag of road and performance vehicles that console players will be looking forward to getting their hands on.

Originally a pre order bonus for those who purchased the more expensive Prestige edition of Assetto Corsa, the pack will now be available as a separate download. Due to be released via the PlayStation and Xbox Store, prices and release dates are as yet unknown.

List of cars in the Assetto Corsa Prestige Pack for Xbox One and PlayStation 4:
  • Audi A1 S1
  • Audi R8 V10 Plus
  • BMW M4 Coupe
  • Corvette C7 Stingray
  • Ferrari 488 GTB
  • Ford Mustang 2015
  • Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo 2015
  • Toyota GT86
It is worth noting that the Assetto Corsa Season Pass doesn’t contain the additional cars found in the Prestige and Performance packs.

Assetto Corsa is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

For your daily fix of AC news, head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RD. Check out the news, discuss the game with your fellow community members, check out some mods or simply take part in one of our awesome Racing Club events. It's all here at RaceDepartment.

Do you own the console version of Assetto Corsa? Will you be purchasing the Prestige Pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
All road cars..? I'll pass..

Edit: I better elaborate before I get burned...
My justification is..If I buy a racing game I want to drive race cars. Tell me..if you have a wheel or gamepad, what is the difference in experience between driving a Clio and a Ferrari? Other than what's on the screen there is no difference. I want Race Cars I can compete in.

My justification is..If I buy a racing game I want to drive race cars. Tell me..if you have a wheel or gamepad, what is the difference in experience between driving a Clio and a Ferrari? Other than what's on the screen there is no difference. I want Race Cars I can compete in.
I suppose road cars are not for everyone - I love for example to take road cars for a spin (often literally) or have a 'Sunday cup' style race with AI and without any ultra-fast cars. Just a bunch of 'normal' cars that have been driven to the race track, not assembled on-site. Driving slow cars fast is still a challenge, plus there's much more time for precision as not everyone have alien reactions. Additionally slow cars don't have so much grip so despite driving 'slowly' it's often still on a limit. And I'll still call that racing.

Just to balance the view a bit ;)

Road cars are certainly harder to drive at their limits, and it's a great way to evaluate the quality of a sim's FFB and physics because it should communicate the cars strengths AND weaknesses.

That said, I prefer hot lapping and racing with actual race cars, because I like to DECELERATE quickly! Damn road cars often have terrible brakes for track days...

I used to think the same, but on Assetto I have a very, very good experience with road cars. I have so much fun with them. And I am a GT racing fan, I watch all races live if possible, and if not, the recording. The GT cars are my main reason to buy any racing sim and Assetto Corsa is the first to make me want more and more road cars to complete the experience. :D

I wasn't a road car guy either, but all those cars are fun on PC ( especially the GT86....). Since watching the doco "Apex", I have dusted off some of the hypercars and am enjoying them again...and the new FXX K. The Japanese pack has been my favorite so far.

This is a big mea culpa. When I say anything negative about Assetto, someone please give me a swift kick in the ass. I don't care if everything but the driving is broken. I don't care if monkeys come out of the woods to try and stop me, because I'll blow past them. Having driven in anger...it's worth its weight in gold. Scratch that, it's worth about $300. Incredible. Never felt one with the road since I really was.

I've owned Assetto for a couple of years and had not tried any of the road cars available until last weekend. It's a nice driving experience with a lot variety. And cars like the Ferrari The Ferrari have outstanding performance! I was neglecting a whole section of the sim that is quite rewarding if you give it the time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%