Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

After a groundbreaking start on Steam Early Access for the new PC racing title Assetto Corsa. The development team have been working furiously on the delivering next release which is available for free for current owners of the Steam game.

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

This is how you do updates! Sensational work by Kunos and my congratulations to the entire team. I have a hard time choosing between Assetto Corsa and GSC 2013 (plus RRE, rF2 and pCARS). What a time to be a PC sim racer.

As for people asking about the P4/5:

Si3V: Tyres supersoft? that car is not meant to be used with supersoft tyres, and it's VERY underpowered by air restrictors. It has a great aero efficency and mechanical grip (tuned to be used with MUCH more power). It's meant to be driven (quite) easily for 24hours. One of the drivers who drove it the first year at the 24h of nurburgring is a Friend of mine. He was so disappointed by the power cut off they imposed 'em (IMHO not to risk they could win... they're not germans), they were passed on the straight by lower classes cars...There's no hidden TC... try to do a burnout, I just did many many donuts. And at the first brake I locked the tyres...

Aris: As Simone (Si3v) the car is unfortunately very underpowered. Giovanardi the driver, told me: "you must be an idiot to spin with our car, it's very easy to drive" obviously exaggerating a bit, but he is a great fun guy :) Also consider those cars are made to do laptimes and last a long 24 hours, not to be "fun to slide around"

So strange with all those mirrors.

It takes me back to the 1960's Mods & Rockers, here's a Mod :-

motor-scooters-misc-mods-wing-mirrors.jpg

:D
Lol, yes you are right! I have enabled them accidentally then I didn't know how to disable them, because I registered the replay when I was driving(live)!:D

You have to be careful how that photo has been adjusted.

Also the tone mapping in game might be making it look duller vs a non-comparable photo.

In the end they look bright white, so if the rgb in the texture is in the region of 220rgb then it's probably accurate and just down to exposure differences and tone mapping differences between the two 'photos'

Dave

Since the update, my SST shifter will not go into 6th and 7th gear. I have calibrated it, and it does see 6th and 7th. But when I get on track going into 6th gear gives me neutral. And also on my G27 I need to invert all pedals, not sure if this is the same for everyone.

Sorry if this is in the wrong location. Did not see a bug report thread.

Does anyone know what's the deal with that "Toggle Zoom" button on the profile screen in options? It doesn't seem to do anything. The cursor always changes to that magnifying glass icon that suggests, that clicking on the table is supposed to zoom it in... but it doesn't.
Also, there's a small "Delete" link in every laptime box, but it doesn't work either...
Are these known bugs, or is it just MY game?

Does anyone know what's the deal with that "Toggle Zoom" button on the profile screen in options? It doesn't seem to do anything. The cursor always changes to that magnifying glass icon that suggests, that clicking on the table is supposed to zoom it in... but it doesn't.
Also, there's a small "Delete" link in every laptime box, but it doesn't work either...
Are these known bugs, or is it just MY game?

It happens here too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years