Assetto Corsa Mod: Spark Formula E Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Team AST and haunetal1990 have released version 0.6 of the 2014/15 season Spark-Renault SRT_01E Formula E all-electric race car for the popular Italian simulator, Assetto Corsa.

Something a bit different to the usual gas guzzling offerings in today's racing sims, the Spark Formula E car runs on 200kw of battery power (the equivalent of 270bhp). This was linked to a five-speed paddle shift sequential gearbox (now changed and open for the 2015/16 season) with power train and electronics provided to all teams by McLaren Electronics Systems.

During 2014/15 this car led Brazilian driver Nelson Piquet Junior to the inaugural championship title against a field of highly experienced drivers from such diverse backgrounds as Formula One, GTs and Indycar Series.

This early release for Assetto Corsa is currently at version 0.6 and will be receiving more accurate physics in future when more data is available to the team behind creating this car. The Spark Formula E car is available to download right now in the RaceDepartment Downloads section right here.

Have you tried this latest addition to the Assetto Corsa roster of cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

fe1.jpg fe2.png fe3.jpg fe5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the time and effort the guys have put into this,but it ain't for me.At least not until these car's are pushing out 500 plus bhp and can do GP distances. But I love the old F1 car's from the 60's through until the early 90's,so I'm not to target audience. Perhaps I should of just kept my mouth shut lol.

I appreciate the time and effort the guys have put into this,but it ain't for me.At least not until these car's are pushing out 500 plus bhp and can do GP distances. But I love the old F1 car's from the 60's through until the early 90's,so I'm not to target audience. Perhaps I should of just kept my mouth shut lol.

A pity, as thanks to these cars having electric amounts of torque and predominantly racing on very tight street courses they do actually provide for racing that is simply the best among the FIA championships.

(And yes I know there's not a lot of competition there but still! Their races are on youtube, I'd say you're missing out!)

A pity, as thanks to these cars having electric amounts of torque and predominantly racing on very tight street courses they do actually provide for racing that is simply the best among the FIA championships.

(And yes I know there's not a lot of competition there but still! Their races are on youtube, I'd say you're missing out!)
I'll have a look at them on YouTube. Perhaps I'll be more receptive to them when I've not got a food and beer hangover.
The lack of noise does bother me,but if the racing is good maybe I'll enjoy it.I should of not passed comment on them.My mood is a little anti today.

I'll have a look at them on YouTube. Perhaps I'll be more receptive to them when I've not got a food and beer hangover.
The lack of noise does bother me,but if the racing is good maybe I'll enjoy it.I should of not passed comment on them.My mood is a little anti today.

Think of it this way, some of the world's best drivers racing 250hp giant electric go-karts through city streets in some of the biggest cities in the world....what's not to like? Sure, it's a bit different than your typical racing, but apples and oranges taste totally different yet both are still delicious. It's not my favorite series but I do enjoy watching and there's good potential there, they made some good improvements for Season 2 (though I think the open gearbox idea is going to end up biting them in the behind).

Think of it this way, some of the world's best drivers racing 250hp giant electric go-karts through city streets in some of the biggest cities in the world....what's not to like? Sure, it's a bit different than your typical racing, but apples and oranges taste totally different yet both are still delicious. It's not my favorite series but I do enjoy watching and there's good potential there, they made some good improvements for Season 2 (though I think the open gearbox idea is going to end up biting them in the behind).
This is high praise from the brickyard,I will be having a look at some races on youtube later and keep an open mind:thumbsup:

This is high praise from the brickyard,I will be having a look at some races on youtube later and keep an open mind:thumbsup:

Well, if I'm honest, I enjoy just about every form of motorsport that doesn't involve ovals, and even those I prefer over most of the other crap on television today. But Formula E puts on a pretty good show and I've been watching most of the drivers race in different series over the past 10 years so they feel like old friends. They race as hard as any other series, the cars aren't F1 fast but they're faster this year than they were last year, they manage to make plenty of noise, and on occasion they come up with some spectacular crashes.

For sure, keep an open mind when watching as you'll have to change your normal expectations a bit, but I'd wager after seeing a few races you'll be able to enjoy it. :thumbsup: The only real weak part IMO is the circuits, they're all on city streets so the configuration options are limited and some of them have not been very good (mostly straights with some 90 degree turns and chicanes thrown in) but others are decent. But the best part is that their season runs over the winter when normal racing is on vacation, so it fills that motorsport void during the long, cold, dark off-season.

(Note: If you watch the first race from last season it was a bit cheesy with DJ music playing in the background during the entire race, but they did away with that rather quickly, thankfully).

Looks for last season's Buenos Aires and London 2 e-Prix. They were both some of the best single seater races in 2014 and 15 respectively.

Well, if I'm honest, I enjoy just about every form of motorsport that doesn't involve ovals, and even those I prefer over most of the other crap on television today. But Formula E puts on a pretty good show and I've been watching most of the drivers race in different series over the past 10 years so they feel like old friends. They race as hard as any other series, the cars aren't F1 fast but they're faster this year than they were last year, they manage to make plenty of noise, and on occasion they come up with some spectacular crashes.

For sure, keep an open mind when watching as you'll have to change your normal expectations a bit, but I'd wager after seeing a few races you'll be able to enjoy it. :thumbsup: The only real weak part IMO is the circuits, they're all on city streets so the configuration options are limited and some of them have not been very good (mostly straights with some 90 degree turns and chicanes thrown in) but others are decent. But the best part is that their season runs over the winter when normal racing is on vacation, so it fills that motorsport void during the long, cold, dark off-season.

(Note: If you watch the first race from last season it was a bit cheesy with DJ music playing in the background during the entire race, but they did away with that rather quickly, thankfully).
You don't like oval racing,I bet you don't shout that from the rooftop's in your neck of the wood's lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back