• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Assetto Corsa Mini Season | Round 5 | Mugello

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Sep 2, 2017.

Will you answer this poll?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

71.4%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Race Details

• Time: 1pm
    • Laps: 33
    • Temperature: 22c
    • Tyre wear: 200%
    • Fuel rate: 100%

The Track

[​IMG]

Mugello Circuit (Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello) is a race track in Mugello, Tuscany, Italy. Its length is 5.245 km (3.259 mi). It has 15 turns and a long straight (1.141 km). Grand Prix motorcycle racing host an annual event here (MotoGP and smaller classes). Also, the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters hold an annual event. The track is property of Scuderia Ferrari which uses it for Formula One testing. Road races were held on public streets around Mugello since the 1920s. Giuseppe Campari won there in 1920 and 1921, Emilio Materassi in 1925, 1926 & 1928. The Mugello GP was revived in 1955 and from the 1964 to 1969 as a Targa Florio-like road race consisting of eight laps of 66.2 km each, including the Passo della Futa of Mille Miglia fame. The anticlockwise track passed the towns of San Piero a Sieve, Scarperia, Violla, Firenzuola, Selva, San Lucia. It counted towards the 1965, 1966 and 1967 World Sportscar Championship season. The present-day closed Mugello circuit was constructed in 1973 and opened in 1974, about five km east from the easternmost part of the original road circuit. The circuit was used over 1–3 May, for the in-season test during the 2012 Formula One season, by all teams except HRT. The track was praised by Mark Webber, who stated that he "did 10 dry laps today around Mugello, which is the same as doing 1000 laps around Abu Dhabi track in terms of satisfaction". Vettel was impressed too, saying that “unfortunately we don’t have this track on the calendar. It’s an incredible circuit with a lot of high-speed corners”. On the other hand, Vitaly Petrov from Caterham F1 complained that "It is not safe and wide enough. If you lose it, the walls are so close and you will smash into the tyres. It is not for Formula 1 and, if you lost the steering or the tyre pressure dropped or whatever, then it will be a big crash." Nevertheless, it holds a grade 1 FIA license, meaning it meets the standards to host a Formula 1 race.

Hotlap

Formation Lap

21269904_10212592350816240_806543733_n.jpg

Drivers will form up out of the chicane (Yellow) and the accelaration zone is anywhere from the pit entry to the start line. (Blue)

Questions

Sergio Perez insists he did nothing wrong at Spa, opinions?

Dogs or Cats?

With Assetto only having dry weather, do you miss wet races?

2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    Haven't seen it

Dogs or Cats?
    Depending on what type of dog it is, I'd say dog

Yes :cry:

3. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Nice to see you're full of ideas for the polls liam haha

4. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Shut up, atleast i aint thick enough to swim into a wall

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Emilio Gutierrez

Emilio Gutierrez

Ratings:
    +19
    Hi guys, Monday morning I will not be able to be in the race. Shift shift at work and did not arrive in time for the race.

Lots of luck to everyone.
    A cordial greeting,...

6. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Why do you react so angrily? Was only a light hearted comment :)
    P.s. my eyes are sensitive to the clorine so i close them when swimming underwater.

7. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28

Sergio Pérez is never wrong. The other 19 drivers do. Good driver but a blockhead.

Dogs or Cats?

Dogs, absolutely. Cats are only useful for memes.

Yes. Weather conditions are the main reason I'm changing to Project Cars 2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    It was fun to compete in a race once again, even though it was just to fill the grid. Had no practice or setup, so couldn't keep up with the rest. Had a few nice battles with Macerronnie though.
    But apparently they switched my Nismo engine with a Honda one, so I had to retire in lap 31 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    Qualy: P2
    Race: P5

Very good qualy, bad beginning of the race. Lost positions on the very first lap, last of the pack, and then begun to recover positions.
    Unfortunately, tyres were gone already on lap 9. I suffered a lot, spun a little and then I could only focus on the 5th position, gaining it with an undercut to Benji and having a constant pace with medium tyres.

At least the last lap was nice, keeping 5th position and almost catching Jamie for the 4th.

Spa will be better, for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    My Highlights for Mugello

There were a lot of bananas on the ground that my car kept slipping on, who was dropping them? :O_o::p

• Haha Haha x 2
  11. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    who was the next driver? ehem.... hahaha

12. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Nice video! The music makes it feel like you are just cruising though. Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' ;)

13. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    Got to enjoy the rocket league beats m8