• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Assetto Corsa Mini Season | Round 3 | Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Very

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ben changing?! I'm shocked

62.5%
  3. That's just a rumour shut up dave

37.5%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Race Details

• Time: 1pm
    • Laps: 35
    • Temperature: 22c
    • Tyre wear: 200%
    • Fuel rate: 100%

The Track

[​IMG]

The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari is a motorsport race circuit near the Italian town of Imola, 40 kilometres (24.9 mi) east of Bologna and 80 kilometres (49.7 mi) east of the Ferrari factory in Maranello. The circuit is named after Ferrari's late founder Enzo and his son Dino who had died in the 1950s. Before Enzo Ferrari's death in 1988 it was called 'Autodromo Dino Ferrari'. It was the venue for the Formula One San Marino Grand Prix (for many years two Grands Prix were held in Italy every year, so the race held at Imola was named after the nearby state) and it also hosted the 1980 edition of the Italian Grand Prix, which usually takes place in Monza. When Formula One visits Imola, it is seen as the 'home circuit' of Ferrari. Imola, as it is colloquially known, is one of the few major international circuits to run in an anti-clockwise direction. The track was inaugurated as a semi-permanent venue in 1953, and it had no chicanes, so the run from Rivazza all the way to Tosa, through the pits and the Tamburello was totally flat out, as was the run from Acque Minerali all the way to Rivazza was just a long straight with a few small bends; and the circuit remained in this configuration until 1972. In 1980 Imola officially debuted in the Formula One calendar by hosting the 50th Italian Grand Prix. It was the first time since the 1948 Edition held at Parco del Valentino that the Autodromo Nazionale Monza did not host the Italian Grand Prix. The race was won by Nelson Piquet and it was such a success that a new race, the San Marino Grand Prix, was established especially for Imola in 1981. Despite the addition of the chicanes, the circuit was subject to constant safety concerns, mostly regarding the flat-out Tamburello corner, which was very bumpy and had dangerously little room between the track and a concrete wall which protects the Santerno river that runs behind it. In 1987, Nelson Piquet had an accident there during practice and missed the race due to injury. In the 1989 San Marino Grand Prix, Gerhard Berger crashed his Ferrari at Tamburello after a front wing failure. The car caught fire after the heavy impact but thanks to the quick work of the firefighters and medical personnel Berger survived and missed only one race (the 1989 Monaco Grand Prix) due to burns to his hands. Michele Alboreto also had a fiery accident at the Tamburello corner testing his Footwork Arrows at the circuit in 1991 but escaped injury. During Saturday qualifying for the 1994 Grand Prix, Austrian Roland Ratzenberger crashed head-on into a wall at over 310 km/h at the Villeneuve corner after his Simtek lost the front wing, dying instantly from a basilar skull fracture. The tragedy continued the next day, when the three-time World Champion Ayrton Senna lost control of his car and crashed into the concrete wall at the Tamburello corner on Lap 7. He succumbed shortly after impact as a piece of the car had pierced his helmet and skull. Since 2007, the circuit has undergone major revisions. The Variante Bassa chicane has been removed, making the run from Rivazza 2 to the first Tamburello chicane totally flat-out, much like the circuit in its original fast-flowing days. However the chicane has been reinstalled for motorcycle races. The old pit garages and paddock have been demolished and completely rebuilt while the pitlane was extended and resurfaced.

Hotlap

Formation Lap

20891492_10212463197107478_1298261695_n.jpg

Drivers will form up side by side in the yellow zone, and the leader can choose where to accelerate anywhere in the red zone (pit entry to the start/finsh line)

Questions

2 rounds in, have you got an idea of how competitive you expect to be yet?

Imola always created great races on Project Cars, partly down to its chaotic weather, will it be able to do it on Assetto being only dry?

What is your favourite meal?

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187

Slow :(

Imola always created great races on Project Cars, partly down to its chaotic weather, will it be able to do it on Assetto being only dry?

I'm very quick around there in a lambo, unsure about Z4

We all know the answer to that ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    Hope to be competitive, but who knows.

People is going to try overtakings after Brands and Zandvoort, thats for sure.

Rear tires :laugh:

4. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Questions

Not the best I can challenge for podiums easily but understanding the Mercedes is taking time but sure I can get there

Always a track I traditionally go well just need my car to play the game

Yummy Spam Fritters on Adams mum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Yes. With one DNF and one DNS, plus the lack of motivation, I have decided to quit this season.
    See this post for more info:

Probably, because everyone is pretty fast on it, except for me. I hate Imola from the bottom of my heart.

Burritos. Just kidding. Gouda cheese with tulips of course.

• Sad Sad x 1
  6. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +608

Should be pretty strong these next few events, Lamborghinis strong around Imola and Austria so will do my best to get the win tonight.

Usually i haven't finished well here on P CARS but lambo is hooked up round here hoping for a great race with at least 5 drivers fighting for the win :)

Bacon, Sausage and egg sandwich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +608
    Message To All Drivers

. If you hit another driver during the Formation lap you must re-join at the back of the train, if you run off track during the Formation Lap you have to re-join at the back. If you continue and re-join in the position you where in you will be DSQ from the race results.

.Any drivers that give themselves damage during the formation lap are not aloud to pit until they have completed 1 lap at racing speed, if you pit during the formation lap you will also be DSQ from the race results.

.All Drivers that are hit by another driver during the formation lap are allowed to pit on that lap to repair the damage

Thanks All.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    Congrats to @Adam Morris and his amazing undercut!

Here's my coverage of the race. I tried to get in as much action as possible. Too bad I couldn't select other views but the cockpit view.

The formation lap starts 19:40 in:

I might do this again next week. Maybe I'll even throw in some commentary to entertain the viewers ;)

• Love Love x 3
  9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941

Do it mate and commentary would be nice, prefer that you drive

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    Qualy: P7
    Race: P5

Well... that Lambos are fast!

Very strange session, didn't find the pace I had on previous days as I never got 'the feeling', neither at qualifying or race. I was doing 43s and 44s all week and I found myself yesterday doing 45s... bad feeling.

Just focused on not making mistakes, thought that my strategy was strong and I was right, did an undercut on pits and found myself 4th and 'battling' for the podium. But it wasn't real. Gaz was much faster than me, he catched me as I couldn't catch Nathan and Diogo.

At the end I lost the rear and had a crash. That put me on a very hard task: defending 5th position from Benji and Ben. Achiving that task wasn't easy as the car was damaged and they were much faster than me. Even I had to defend at the very limit rules. From my vision I think it was fair, but it may appear too aggressive on other cameras, so if I did wrong let me know in order to not make it wrong again.

Congratulations Adam! I think that you are going to be strong too in Austria with that Lambo. Let's see what I can do to stop you :rolleyes:

Congrats Nathan, you did amazing starting P8 and finishing P3, you were so fast! Lamborghini rules.

Nice to see Diogo this race, you were the fastest but pits make a real difference in this game so Adam took the chance.

See you all in Austria!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Just to confirm my switch to the AUDI R8 from the next race

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Angry Angry x 1
  12. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +608
    Frank You owe me £10 ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +608
    Ok Mr I'm going to stay with the merc all season :O_o::O_o::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::giggle::giggle:

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Like I said do u blame me watch out now Morris coming for you hissssssss

• Love Love x 1
  15. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    Then we're even, since you owed me £10 for the Snakes Unite Racing logo ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +608
    Agreed we shall call it even :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  17. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey